Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So my steelbook is showing arrive by Thursday but the actual game is showing ship by Thursday.:francis:

Best Buy is gonna be GameStop status if this game ain’t here by Thursday.:francis: I’m definitely never preordering a physical game again. That’s done.:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So my steelbook is showing arrive by Thursday but the actual game is showing ship by Thursday.:francis:

Best Buy is gonna be GameStop status if this game ain’t here by Thursday.:francis: I’m definitely never preordering a physical game again. That’s done.:francis:

Hoping amazon comes through for me. This is the first time i can’t pre-load a game and im nervous :lupe:

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
u didnt like the demo?

Its cool but people are kinda overrating it. There's a few issues like the bland hallway FF13 type areas and over simplified gameplay.

The story and graphics are really the only thing it has going for it so far.

Have a feeling all the reviews are going to trend towards goty 10/10 type stuff. Already see every review site, lets player, and casual gamer on this games nuts.

Yeah I think this game is sorta the "chosen one" right now to get crazy critical acclaim, but I still wanna see what the performance is going to be like on the final code and what some of the tougher critics have to say.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Its cool but people are kinda overrating it. There's a few issues like the bland hallway FF13 type areas and over simplified gameplay.

The story and graphics are really the only thing it has going for it so far.

Yeah I think this game is sorta the "chosen one" right now to get crazy critical acclaim, but I still wanna see what the performance is going to be like on the final code and what some of the tougher critics have to say.
there are open towns in this game and traversal. its just that the they didnt highlight it in the demo.. and if u wanna see more of the gameplay u could play the challenge or watch gameplay vids..its gets better than what was shown

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting the game because I'm a longtime FF fan, but I thought the story and characters throughout the prologue were pretty dry and dull. It did get interesting at the end though.

It's definitely going to get 9 and 10's, it seems like the critics are really digging it. As for will live up to gamers lofty expectations? We'll see, because hype seem to have went from small and measured to Burj Khalifa heights instantly after the demo lol