Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Breh I can buy 4 ps5s right now and not lose a blink of sleep but I don't want to.

I've owned Playstations in the past, matter of fact my favorite gaming years were early 2000s, when I had the ps1 and played nothing but jrpgs.

But now when 3P are now using PC as a major platform, I don't wanna buy a bigass ps5 when it should be on PC day one like everything else.

Especially since we know it'll be there next year?

Nah breh, I want these last Bygone days ass flat faced Incels to be pulled from their Playstation blankies into the light where the big boys are thriving.

This SE/Sony scareyass relationship is embarrassing, like a fifth grader whose parents still gotta be in the classroom with him, sitting big as hell in the back.

Time for these boys to stop sucking their Sony pacifiers and grow up.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Characters don't look a hint of Asian

That's honestly turning me off
The creators said using all white characters makes the story and setting more authentic as its based on european mediveval history.:francis:
3 reasons why thats bs.

1) They still use non european Deity's and animal designs for monsters and such. Quezscotl is a Mayan or aztec God. If its not anachronistic to have Mayan gods it shouldn't be so for mayan people. Tigers, cheetahs, and Lions aren't native to europe either but they still have creatures likes this(below) that are clearly based on them both of these proves the anachronism excuse as bs. they will use whatever they want regardless if its historically accurate.
zp-67782_Final-Fantasy-XIV_2013_05-13-13_002.jpg

2) I don't know why it is, but for some reason people have this idea that white people didn't interact with other races until the transatlantic slave trade.
This is false, people of all races, 9(including non blacks) traveled and crossed oceans and borders at all times throughout history. There are true stories of a black guy becoming a samuri during the fuedal era in japan. There are stories Vikings accepting foreigners from places they invaded into their ranks to boost their numbers. everybody know about alexander the great. and Despite Africa, Asia, and Europe being treated as three separate continents separated by ocean, they are virtually one single landmass. it would not be unrealistic for europeans to encounter foreigners even during the dark ages.

3) The main reason it's bs, is because this is a fantasy game. If fictional races of elves and goblins aren't treated as inaccurate to the setting than any race should be fine in that type of setting, Guarantee you will find more evidence of a black guy being in europe in the 1400s than you will a dragon. :mjlol:

Anyways the excuse has always been and will always be bs, but it probably won't change because by now its just tradition. Thats why you got a bunch of japanese people trying to enforce this unwritten code.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was going to wait on this game a bit in case of bugs. But I just played the demo and immediately purchased it after I was done....that's how you sell a $70 game :ohlawd::whew::banderas:

I’m like the only one in thread who hasn’t played the demo at this point, i thought we were gonna stand in solidarity :francis:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to know why Best Buy hasn’t shipped my copynout yet.:francis:

This shyt needs to be in my hands by Thursday or somebody’s getting hurt.:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I want to know why Best Buy hasn’t shipped my copynout yet.:francis:

This shyt needs to be in my hands by Thursday or somebody’s getting hurt.:francis:

Haven’t gotten a shipping estimate from amazon but since its a holiday i still haven’t cancelled my digital order, we’ll see what happens first