Final Fantasy XIV

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Any of yall play this on PC or PS4? is it worth the subscription fee

I'm actually plaaying this on PS3 and its still very good (I also played FFXI 75 SAM, DRK, THF, BLU, WAR).

The games strengths are its easy to pick up and get something done. You can level quickly or slow down...the story quests ( with a few additional side quests and dungeon runs) take you to level cap. The game is really gorgeous as well, some of the environments are true joys to look at and the story tries its best to give you a small taste of all of them. The story is really good for a MMO (nothing compared to XI but its ok). It takes a while for the combat to really get going but you don't remain low level for long so thats a plus. Also, there are no worthless or junk classes/jobs. Literally, EVERY class can do its job well for instance Monk is hands down the lead in overall dps but it has to move around ALOT to do it. Dragoon doesn't have to move as much but can still do well, but jumps are a risk. Paladin can protect itsself from damage the best, but Warrior is better at tanking crowds and holding hate.

The game is really really good, the ONLY downfall is that the endgame is a bit lacking but it is a new MMO and the level cap hasn't been raised yet. Many people forget that the USA launch of XI already had the first expansion on it as well as the cap raised to 75. Coming in now, a year in when the expansion will prolly drop in the fall and a big patch coming at the start of the month, its a good time to get into and hit cap before the expansion.

All in all its a good game, but you do have to make it a labor of love, its not as group dependent as XI was and its not as instant gratification as WoW. But the fact that the Dev team drops hotfixes damn near bi-weekly and major patches every three months the sub fee is more than worth it.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
I really want to get this game now!

And what's pvp is that payer vs player? I don't think I've ever did that in the last one what's so special bout that?

And is this game have a lot of emphasis on exploring places and crafting and hobbies like fishing? What are all the hobbies to do?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I really want to get this game now!

And what's pvp is that payer vs player? I don't think I've ever did that in the last one what's so special bout that?

And is this game have a lot of emphasis on exploring places and crafting and hobbies like fishing? What are all the hobbies to do?

Outside of the story the game is really open, there isn't really an emphasis on anything really. That's a good thing. and yes PVP is player vs player. People love PvP in games mostly because people love to compete, in this game there are some special armour sets that come just from PvP (that would be used as cosmetic sets mostly)

As I said the game takes you to alot of locales through the main story, but there are some side quests that make you explore. They just added a sightseeing log that gives you exp for going to certain spots in the world. But honestly, i've wasted time just walking around taking screen caps of some of the better locations. I'll post some pics later.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Outside of the story the game is really open, there isn't really an emphasis on anything really. That's a good thing. and yes PVP is player vs player. People love PvP in games mostly because people love to compete, in this game there are some special armour sets that come just from PvP (that would be used as cosmetic sets mostly)

As I said the game takes you to alot of locales through the main story, but there are some side quests that make you explore. They just added a sightseeing log that gives you exp for going to certain spots in the world. But honestly, i've wasted time just walking around taking screen caps of some of the better locations. I'll post some pics later.

I think I'm gonna cop this game today what servers are u on so I can add u

And how does the ps3 to ps4 upgrade work?? Best buy is selling the ps3 version for 20$

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I stopped the endgame grind as summoner and now focusing on getting all DoH classes to 50. Rogue/Ninja look dope and what I was waiting for. I want them to get started on alliance 18-30 member fights vs bosses though.

My girlfriend and I share a character on Faerie, but looking to transfer.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think I'm gonna cop this game today what servers are u on so I can add u

And how does the ps3 to ps4 upgrade work?? Best buy is selling the ps3 version for 20$

I'm not sure if the upgrade is gonna work for the new purchases. But I been on since beta and I have the option to get the free upgrade via download. And i'm on gilgamesh server, character name Prince Klari. 50 Warrior, 50 Dragoon, 50 Goldsmith, 50 Carpenter.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
I see nikkas on eBay selling the shyt for 10$ And 15$ but they say the code is used are they talking bout the 30 day trial code or is there an actual code u need to play the game

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
I like it, then again I give it bout an hour or 2 a day, I'm probably the definition of casual. As a result I haven't been burned out from endgame. The folks I know who just grinded away and grinded away are the same folks I see complaining about being bored. I capped all my DoL and DoL b4 I really started grinding endgame so my perspective might be a lif diff. There is still so much I haven't done yet and I'm enjoying it that way. There needs to be more content b4 I up the ante as far as playing time. But even with that Im still i87 BLM not sure wha my SMN is Its the same gear sans the book and my Brd is about 70ish but im sitting on just short of 3mil