Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So they shoe horning Crisis Core into a mobile game but having
Zac prominently
in the main release now :what:?

Not to mention Dirge of Cerberus got thrown into the mobile compilation as well?

They could have folded some of the story elements into the main game...maybe they will

What!? :dead: Nothing has been shoe horned in

Remake is basically retelling the compliation using the original games frame work. That's the point of the game. It's a sequel, and they're retelling it all in one cohesive story so the old compilation is rendered obsolete. AND that's also why this new mobile compilation exists so the compilation is also remade in the old turn based style too. They're covering all bases so fans can stfu lol. They've been hyper deliberate with everything so far.

Btw, the sephiroth in remake is advent children sephiroth (this isn't hearsay or reaching...its practically fact)...there's a lot of crisis core, dirge and advent children story plots and references littered throughout remake, like hojo mentioning Genesis for example (when he talks about S-Type and G-Type soldiers) or banora apple (dumb apple) posters being scattered around midgar.

And the reason this yuffie DLC exists is so they can bridge big story/lore elements from dirge into remake. It's all deepground stuff...and its there to add context for whatever direction they take the second main game.

But to ask when they will put some of the compilation story elements into the remake games shows you weren't paying attention when playing breh...no diss

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

Remake is basically retelling the compliation using the original games frame work. That's the point of the game. It's a sequel, and they're retelling it all in one cohesive story so the old compilation is rendered obsolete. AND that's also why this new mobile compilation exists so the compilation is also remade in the old turn based style too. They're covering all bases so fans can stfu lol. They've been hyper deliberate with everything so far.

Btw, the sephiroth in remake is advent children sephiroth (this isn't hearsay or reaching...its practically fact)...there's a lot of crisis core, dirge and advent children story plots and references littered throughout remake, like hojo mentioning Genesis for example (when he talks about S-Type and G-Type soldiers) or banora apple (dumb apple) posters being scattered around midgar.

And the reason this yuffie DLC exists is so they can bridge big story/lore elements from dirge into remake. It's all deepground stuff...and its there to add context for whatever direction they take the second main game.

But to ask when they will put some of the compilation story elements into the remake games shows you weren't paying attention when playing breh...no diss

I never played the original or the remake yet. The series has just become so prolific over the years you come to know the general plot and characters. Plus they appear in other media as well

I figured crisis core was getting some form of integration in the remake bc of the spoiler in my post, but I was was really talking about the ever crisis trailer saying it includes the entire the entire compilation (it listed crisis core and dirge)

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never played the original or the remake yet. The series has just become so prolific over the years you come to know the general plot and characters. Plus they appear in other media as well

I figured crisis core was getting some form of integration in the remake bc of the spoiler in my post, but I was was really talking about the ever crisis trailer saying it includes the entire the entire compilation (it listed crisis core and dirge)
Ahh my bad then brah. I thought you was commenting from the perspective of having played the original set of games. Obvs you wouldn't know then.

Basically, the main remake series is including everything...in this first game all the references were made in very smart and nuanced ways, but now it seems they're putting in more overt and big parts of the other games into it (the yuffie dlc) because they've now laid the groundwork for the whole story in this first game. But there are still references and plotpoints from all of the iterations of the compilation present in remake.

I would 1000% suggest you play the original ff7 before the remake. Doing so will make pkaying remake 100x better and there's tons of things that'll seem random/weird/or will syraight fly ovet your head if you don't :salute:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I think I may just wait for the PC release... I'm sure that's gotta be coming out soon now that they have the next gen version & DLC ready right?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Bruh the developers even said in interviews leading up to release that they made the remake 'with the benefit of HINDSIGHT' :russ: like people completely ignored that line. That is why Hojo was about to spill the beans about Cloud, Sephiroth is in Midgar, and Aerith said don't fall in love with her and she seems to already know what the fukk is going on. They said the major story points will remain the same, but they are going to expand upon them because of the compilation material. Which is why they should of called this a reboot and not a remake so these fans would stop whining about the whispers and shyt. nikkas just don't be paying attention to shyt.

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I may just wait for the PC release... I'm sure that's gotta be coming out soon now that they have the next gen version & DLC ready right?

everyone's expecting so because the PS exclusivity on remake runs out in April..but who knows. I doubt the Yuffie DLC will be available on PC when that version does get released...at least for now, because it's been explicitly stated its PS5 exclusive content :yeshrug:
Bruh the developers even said in interviews leading up to release that they made the remake 'with the benefit of HINDSIGHT' :russ: like people completely ignored that line. That is why Hojo was about to spill the beans about Cloud, Sephiroth is in Midgar, and Aerith said don't fall in love with her and she seems to already know what the fukk is going on. They said the major story points will remain the same, but they are going to expand upon them because of the compilation material. Which is why they should of called this a reboot and not a remake so these fans would stop whining about the whispers and shyt. nikkas just don't be paying attention to shyt.

Fam I dunno. People been complaining about stuff that's been explained since the beginning :yeshrug: Square was in full troll mode with using remake as the title because it effectively is remaking the story :troll: but not in the surface way people took it. I bet the second game is called final fantasy VII reunion.

Aerith def knows wtf is going on. So does Red XIII (when Aerith touched him and passed on knowledge to him, it's just unclear how much she told him and what she told him). Sephiroth obvs knows as well. By the end of remake Aerith and Sephiroth are playing two separate games of high speed destiny chess against themselves in order to defeat each other.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Ahh my bad then brah. I thought you was commenting from the perspective of having played the original set of games. Obvs you wouldn't know then.

Basically, the main remake series is including everything...in this first game all the references were made in very smart and nuanced ways, but now it seems they're putting in more overt and big parts of the other games into it (the yuffie dlc) because they've now laid the groundwork for the whole story in this first game. But there are still references and plotpoints from all of the iterations of the compilation present in remake.

I would 1000% suggest you play the original ff7 before the remake. Doing so will make pkaying remake 100x better and there's tons of things that'll seem random/weird/or will syraight fly ovet your head if you don't :salute:

Breh I'm a kingdom hearts fan, things seeming random/ weird/flying over your head is par for the course :russ:

I'm straight on the original, youtube and other sources have filled me in on the original and some of the expanded universe. I'll stick to the remake on PS5 so I can get that full 4k experience :manny:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Aerith def knows wtf is going on. So does Red XIII (when Aerith touched him and passed on knowledge to him, it's just unclear how much she told him and what she told him). Sephiroth obvs knows as well. By the end of remake Aerith and Sephiroth are playing two separate games of high speed destiny chess against themselves in order to defeat each other.

Did you read the sidestories? It basically lays out how Aerith and Seph become aware of each other in the lifestream after Aerith's death/end of FFVII.

I think Remake starts with Aerith becoming aware, not fully, which is why we now get a reinterpretation of the music with One Winged Angel the moment Aerith becomes spooked. The rest of the game is her becoming more and more aware until the end when she sounds like a completely different person from the Aerith we meet at first. She obviously also senses Zack being alive in an alternate reality.

I'm all here for the changes, especially now that the OG is getting a one-to-one remake on Android anyway :blessed:

They've said that the remake will continue to follow the beats of the OG still, so will be very interesting.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Bruh I still want that Tifa solo chapter DLC. Only one DLC pack with Yuffie in it is mid.... and I'll still cave in and get a PS5 for it. I'm pathetic I know don't judge me. :mjcry:

Word.

I never used Yuffie in the OG. Sony should’ve included that Tifa mission that SE admitted to leaving out. I want to see the events leading up to her going to the Dons crib while Cloud and Aeris were busy bullshytting.

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Woah woah

He's right

The three worst characters in the OG in order are Vincent, Cait Sith, and Yuffie. The three best in order are Cloud(w/ Omnislash), Tifa, and Cid.

In the OG only thing that seperates characters are their limit breaks, by the end of the game the stat differences are negligible.

False in regards to Tifa, she's average...esp when using the angle of limit breaks...and extremely false with yuffie

Barrets Angermax is the best limit break in the game...equalled by Cid's Highwind and then Omnislash slightly behind them

Yuffie has a top 5 limit in Doom Of The Living too.

(Technically Aeriths LV 4 is the best in the game because it breaks it and basically turns you into God but whatever)

The strongest lineup you can put out when basing it on stats and limits is Cloud, Barret and Cid...which is the party i naturally used as a kid wiyhout knowing any of this :ehh::smugfavre:

Yuffie can be swapped out with Barret and Red XIII is after that...tifa is mid

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He's right

False in regards to Tifa, she's average...esp when using the angle of limit breaks...and extremely false with yuffie

Barrets Angermax is the best limit break in the game...equalled by Cid's Highwind and then Omnislash slightly behind them

(Technically Aeriths LV 4 is the best in the game because it breaks it and basically turns you into God but whatever)

The strongest lineup you can put out when basing it on stats and limits is Cloud, Barret and Cid...which is the party i naturally used as a kid wiyhout knowing any of this :ehh::smugfavre:

Brehs on here are just clearly obsessed with Tifa

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
He's right

Bruh as long as you hit the reds on Tifa's slots she gonna do STUPID amounts of damage bro. You dead wrong on that one.