Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The content doesn’t disappear after 2 months (this isn’t mario 3d all stars) when you get a ps5 you will eventually be able to play it.

Ps5 owners get a nice taste of current gen in the ff7 universe optimized for modern day consoles.
breh fukk a ps5 :mjlol:

if a game is sold as a ps4 title, then how the hell is the ps5 upgrade getting dlc but the original doesn't? there's nothing in the game that indicates there's some major engine overhaul or fundamental redesign that warrants it. its scummy
It's not...but its also not a dealbreaker either when you get the upgrade free if you already have it.
'free upgrade' is the most hilarious marketing pitch i've ever seen people wholesale suck down without ever thinking twice about but don't get me started :skip:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

if a game is sold as a ps4 title, then how the hell is the ps5 upgrade getting dlc but the original doesn't? there's nothing in the game that indicates there's some major engine overhaul or fundamental redesign that warrants it. its scummy

'free upgrade' is the most hilarious marketing pitch i've ever seen people wholesale suck down without ever thinking twice about but don't get me started :skip:

People want current gen experiences. You want them to hold back forever?

They didn’t restrict you from anything. This is a bonus for early adopters of a new console. You will eventually get it for free when you upgrade.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Do you have to buy the game twice? No?
Did you have to in previous gens...yes.

There's nikkas out here with literally 4 copies of GTA V (PS3, PS4, PS5 and PC)
and had to spend retail price for at least three of them.

Explain to me the issue besides the obvious "don't develop for old gen" argument. Because that was NEVER a realistic metric when 70-85% of the install base is still on last gen.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You literally have threads on here where people are like “what the fukk reason do people have for getting a ps5, early adopters are dummies, I’ll wait etc.” then when exclusive content comes out for current gen hardware nikkas wanna get mad that they’re not included. No, nikka fukk a PS4:camby:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
People want current gen experiences. You want them to hold back forever?
what exactly is current gen

because death stranding on ps4 and death stranding on pc was never marketed as 'current gen' but the difference was more than simply saying its 'better' now or whatever vague terms is associated with the moniker - and at the same it didn't dramatically alter the experience either
Do you have to buy the game twice? No?
Did you have to in previous gens...yes.

There's nikkas out here with literally 4 copies of GTA V (PS3, PS4, PS5 and PC)
and had to spend retail price for at least three of them.

Explain to me the issue besides the obvious "don't develop for old gen" argument. Because that was NEVER a realistic metric when 70-85% of the install base is still on last gen.
are there ps5 only characters or dlc for other games that were released a year ago?

won't be a lot because its bad practice plain and simple

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You literally have threads on here where people are like “what the fukk reason do people have for getting a ps5, early adopters are dummies, I’ll wait etc.” then when exclusive content comes out for current gen hardware nikkas wanna get mad that they’re not included. No, nikka fukk a PS4:camby:
and do i not immeditately say how its hilarious how i'll buy one for this dumb shyt? :russ: im very okay with talking about myself unlike some of yal

but scummy shyt is still scummy. i'm not gonna pretend it isn't suddenly because its something i want

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
and do i not immeditately say how its hilarious how i'll buy one for this dumb shyt? :russ: im very okay with talking about myself unlike some of yal

but scummy shyt is still scummy. i'm not gonna pretend it isn't suddenly because its something i want

I’d see it as scummy if they were releasing it for both consoles but making ps4 players pay for it. There’s nothing anti-consumer about this, it’s simply square enix putting their resources for new content into newer hardware. It cost money to cross develop and I’m sure this is part of them working with the PS5 for episode 2.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’d see it as scummy if they were releasing it for both consoles but making ps4 players pay for it. There’s nothing anti-consumer about this, it’s simply square enix putting their resources for new content into newer hardware. It cost money to cross develop and I’m sure this is part of them working with the PS5 for episode 2.
stop with the gymnastics.... even GTA didn't push Perico Heist as a next-gen only DLC

Matter of fact, the last big title to do a next-gen only DLC in the same vein was Destiny 1 with the Rise of Iron DLC. And that was done because memory issues and the game being bloated too much for the original platform to keep up. It was also multiple years after the initial launch of the game.

unless you can say that the DLC for this was made specifically for next gen then go ahead - but that makes even less sense considering how long the game was in development

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
stop with the gymnastics.... even GTA didn't push Perico Heist as a next-gen only DLC

Matter of fact, the last big title to do a next-gen only DLC in the same vein was Destiny 1 with the Rise of Iron DLC. And that was done because memory issues and the game being bloated too much for the original platform to keep up. It was also multiple years after the initial launch of the game.

unless you can say that the DLC for this was made specifically for next gen then go ahead - but that makes even less sense considering how long the game was in development

What would be the incentive for them then? They are offering it for free, so what is the reason for them to not give ps4 players the dlc other than resource management issues?

You think FF7 DLC is a system seller? You think it’s gonna get more people to buy a ps5, a console that they can’t even make enough of to begin with?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What would be the incentive for them then? They are offering it for free, so what is the reason for them to not give ps4 players the dlc other than resource management issues?

You think FF7 DLC is a system seller? You think it’s gonna get more people to buy a ps5, a console that they can’t even make enough of to begin with?
what's the reason for not giving it to ps4 players? sensational :dead:

and obviously its the straw that tips the scale for enough people. waited damn near 20 years for some quality FF7 stuff. buying a system i was already gonna get earlier than i wanted to is a story that got repeated enough in this thread that i think should register as measured and worthwhile.

still laughing at this 'upgrade' bullshyt they got people running with :mjlol: gonna be selling yal remasters on half the shyt that's been 'upgraded' anyways

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
what's the reason for not giving it to ps4 players? sensational

Square enix: we are currently working on multiple PS5 games (FF16, Athia, FF7R2, KH4) The stuff you see in the Yuffie DLC will be things that will be included in episode 2 of the game and other games we are working on. We currently do not want to scale down what we are doing for the PS4, considering the original FF7 had a hard time on that console (unstable FPS, Non-loading/bad textures) so we will focus our new content on the PS5 which is the more capable hardware.

This is simply a case of sour grapes

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Square enix: we are currently working on multiple PS5 games (FF16, Athia, FF7R2, KH4) The stuff you see in the Yuffie DLC will be things that will be included in episode 2 of the game and other games we are working on. We currently do not want to scale down what we are doing for the PS4, considering the original FF7 had a hard time on that console (unstable FPS, Non-loading/bad textures) so we will focus our new content on the PS5 which is the more capable hardware.

This is simply a case of sour grapes
its simply a case of acting like this dlc was developed exclusively for ps5 and that FF7 was developed with laser focus since started production. they can't blame the console for their own problems getting textures to load properly. even back when the game dropped people pointed out how easy it was to fix and time revealed that their two main teams weren't even communicating what they were working on.

and they didn't even start episode 2 until when? we already laughed at how they were still trying to figure out the blueprint ep 2. talking about hardware demands if they don't even know if they can sustain an open world or not. ight :dead:

caping for a developer is right up there with acting like a stripper loves you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
its simply a case of acting like this dlc was developed exclusively for ps5 and that FF7 was developed with laser focus since started production. they can't blame the console for their own problems getting textures to load properly. even back when the game dropped people pointed out how easy it was to fix and time revealed that their two main teams weren't even communicating what they were working on.

and they didn't even start episode 2 until when? we already laughed at how they were still trying to figure out the blueprint ep 2. talking about hardware demands if they don't even know if they can sustain an open world or not. ight :dead:

caping for a developer is right up there with acting like a stripper loves you.

Caping or simply explaining to you why it’s not coming to PS4? If they were trying to gank people out of more money or pull a fast one on us I’d have no problem calling them out. I’m not a square enix fanboy in the slightest, and I’ve had numerous criticism for ff7R and their team in general. This particular issue? I just don’t see the ulterior motive in, and you’re not really giving me a good explanation as to why you think there is other than you can’t play it.

Any whoo...good news:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Bruh me and the nikka you arguing with literary just said we gonna cop a PS5 just to play as Yuffie bro, yes it will sell systems. :heh: