Final fantasy has a Medievil approach to diversity(too many black people=Bad)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

As expected but still shytty to read. Especially this old tired excuse
Our design concept from the earliest stages of development has always heavily featured medieval Europe, incorporating historical, cultural, political, and anthropological standards that were prevalent at the time. [...] Ultimately, we felt that while incorporating ethnic diversity into Valisthea was important, an over-incorporation into this single corner of a much larger world could end up causing a violation of those narrative boundaries we originally set for ourselves.

Devs gotta stop getting a pass on shyt like this. Glad some writers are speaking out about it. Hopefully if people make enough stink about it, things will change. I’m tired of ignoring my own feelings and morals just to play games that look fun to me :smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Best part is they just turned around and said jrpg is a negative term :mjlol:
Game shaping up to be just great. Even admits they are losing fans
We’ve seen that our fans are distancing themselves from the series,” he said. “There are not as many people playing the series as the series has gone on. Those numbers are going down. There is a fear of the series becoming more niche.”

But somehow the answer is to make your game all white folks and lock it down to one platform. I’m sure that strategy will work out just amazingly :ehh:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
JRPGS always been too overwhelmingly caucasian looking...:mjpls: and these folks are ASIANS :heh:
Right.

I remember Kojima(?) was basically saying that the main character in Tsushima was too ugly/Asian looking.

Sad that a Western company had to come in and make a realistic samurai game that was respectful to Japanese culture.

If a Japanese studio had made Tsushima, Jin would have looked like a Backstreet Boy with big ass titties.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
final-fantasy-quina-cait-sith-kimahri.jpg

final-fantasy-8-completely-inefficient-things-used-as-weapons.png

main-qimg-3c8c0458c8da234cc2518c6881753e84.webp

But we gotta stay true to medieval europe right

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I'm with you. FF series has provided many a dope moment in my gaming history, never even thought about the characters being anything other than Asian.

Nothing about those characters are asian. Causacians in cosplay in a fictional western-asian fusion world.

Still playing FF6 and 7 though. :ufdup:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't care. Medieval settings with black folks in it with no one bringing it up or building off that they are black always seemed weird to me.
I don't need to have black folks sprinkled in everywhere. Give us some games set in Africa, or the Caribbean

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I really don't care. Medieval settings with black folks in it with no one bringing it up or building off that they are black always seemed weird to me.
I don't need to have black folks sprinkled in everywhere. Give us some games set in Africa, or the Caribbean
There were diverse skin colors in medieval europe. Devs have to go out of their way to remove them from history not the other way around.

This defense is why they keep disrespecting you in their games and expecting you to run out and buy them :smh: