Film Room's Top 10 Movies of 2018 voting thread (RESULTS ARE IN)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
2019 release

It has been playing all over Europe since September, breh. Hell, the only reason it got such a late release here in the Netherlands is because the distributor wanted to capitalize with a promotional run during IFFR.

So no matter what the fukk you think, this is #1 of 2018. :ufdup:

giphy.webp

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Post your list then complain. Lord have mercy :russ:

:russ::laughing:

Breh there are people posting Jurassic Park (a movie I saw in the theater that I forgot I saw :pachaha:) on their god damn top ten list. You have to agree it is a weak year for movies.
I will watch shoplifters today. :obama:

start my list:

Blindspotting
If Beale Street could talk
Searching
Will you ever forgive me?
Hereditary
Widows
Black Panther

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
It has been playing all over Europe since September, breh. Hell, the only reason it got such a late release here in the Netherlands is because the distributor wanted to capitalize with a promotional run during IFFR.

So no matter what the fukk you think, this is #1 of 2018. :ufdup:

giphy.webp
My girl was watching this yesterday.
ima have to check it out. I think that cutey from Atomic Blonde is in this shyt.
:takedat:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Breh there are people posting Jurassic Park (a movie I saw in the theater that I forgot I saw :pachaha:) on their god damn top ten list. You have to agree it is a weak year for movies.

start my list:

1. Hereditary
2.Widows
3.Black Panther

I liked last year to be honest. Just with horror alone, 2018 was strong as hell. The issue isn't a weak class for movies as much as its just what people are seeing. If you put Jurassic World on your list, that says more about you and your list than it does about the state of movies for that year. And that's not a bad thing. We've all got different taste and want different shyt in our movies.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I liked last year to be honest. Just with horror alone, 2018 was strong as hell. The issue isn't a weak class for movies as much as its just what people are seeing. If you put Jurassic World on your list, that says more about you and your list than it does about the state of movies for that year. And that's not a bad thing. We've all got different taste and want different shyt in our movies.

JW Fallen Kingdom is very stupid and also fukking awesome. It's not in my list, but it's fukking awesome.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
JW Fallen Kingdom is very stupid and also fukking awesome. It's not in my list, but it's fukking awesome.

I can see somebody enjoy Fallen Kingdom in an ironic way, like The Room, but to me it's the second worst movie of 2018.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I can see somebody enjoy Fallen Kingdom in an ironic way, like The Room, but to me it's the second worst movie of 2018.

I completely understand that reaction. Half of me agrees with you. The other half LOVED everything Bayona did visually. Makes me dream of a world where he was given the keys to the "Dark Universe" :lupe:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

start my list:

Will you ever forgive me?
Hereditary
Widows
Black Panther
Whine about peoples lists and struggle to come up with 5 out of 10 brehs :hhh:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
And you and many others here would do good to look for Climax (it's been out on the web too since a couple of days) before finalizing any top 10.:ufdup:
:snoop:I watched Climax this weekend off the strength of this post and shyt was pure :trash:.
Negged for hyping such a BS film.:pacspit: I want my 80 mins back.