Film Room's Top 10 Movies of 2018 voting thread (RESULTS ARE IN)

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I am going through this thread and am like :dwillhuh::what::hhh::comeon:

There are movies here I have never even heard of (shoplifters, upgrade, 8th grade)

Mofos putting Aquaman on their top 10 lists. :skip:

Blackkklansman was a good movie but top 10 though?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I am going through this thread and am like :dwillhuh::what::hhh::comeon:

There are movies here I have never even heard of (shoplifters, upgrade, 8th grade)

Mofos putting Aquaman on their top 10 lists. :skip:

Blackkklansman was a good movie but top 10 though?
lol, that's your own fault, breh. Not that I'd agree with some of those picks but Shoplifters won the Palme d'Or at Cannes and has been one of the front runners for Best foreign film all year.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Post your list bish:thanos:
I never post my list until after IFFR, breh. And considering that on my first visit I saw one movie (I expected to) shoot to my top spot, and one movie that could very well end up on my top 10 too, my list is completely up in the air.

And you and many others here would do good to look for Climax (it's been out on the web too since a couple of days) before finalizing any top 10.:ufdup:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
1. Mission impossible fallout
2. Black panther
3. Creed II
4. Infinity War
5. Venom
6. A quiet place
7. Deadpool 2
8. Aquaman
9. Equalizer 2
10. Jurassic park fallen kingdom

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I never post my list until after IFFR, breh. And considering that on my first visit I saw one movie (I expected to) shoot to my top spot, and one movie that could very well end up on my top 10 too, my list is completely up in the air.

And you and many others here would do good to look for Climax (it's been out on the web too since a couple of days) before finalizing any top 10.:ufdup:

Since you're in a sharing mood I'd appreciate some non-english recs that are out on digital, like you did last year.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Since you're in a sharing mood I'd appreciate some non-english recs that are out on digital, like you did last year.
I have no idea which are available already but Burning, Shoplifters, Cold War, Mektoub: My Love (Part 1), Climax, Capernaum and Dogman are all movies that could make it on my top 10. This is also one of the few years where the crop of awards contenders for best foreign film has been a very accurate representation (outside of overrated ass Roma).

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I have no idea which are available already but Burning, Shoplifters, Cold War, Mektoub: My Love (Part 1), Climax, Capernaum and Dogman are all movies that could make it on my top 10. This is also one of the few years where the crop of awards contenders for best foreign film has been a very accurate representation (outside of overrated ass Roma).

I need to see Burning, Climax and Cold War...I don't know of the others that you named (besides Shoplifters).