Fighting Games Thread

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
pay homage to the goat fighter

dudley_boxing.jpg

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Matchmaking is broken (dude admitted it on srk), training mode is barebones (can't set the CPU to do anything), loading times on 360 are :birdman: were well known and to be patched later, calling Parasoul's soldiers makes the game stutter sometimes, hit boxes are visible randomly, there are no ingame movelists (just a link on the main menu to their website :dry:) to be patched in later, and some character balance issues but that's expected when the masses break it down

You don't need to defend it, they tried to stay on schedule and shyt happens. I just can't get into it too deep right now til it's where it should be.
im not tryna say it's up to par with other fighters in terms of features. I'm saying that "rushed" is a misnomer. Duke nukem forever was a pos but no one would call it rushed.

That said, I am inclined to defend it. It's $15 developed mostly by 2 people and has better mechanics than most fighters out today. IMHO of course.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
im not tryna say it's up to par with other fighters in terms of features. I'm saying that "rushed" is a misnomer. Duke nukem forever was a pos but no one would call it rushed.

That said, I am inclined to defend it. It's $15 developed mostly by 2 people and has better mechanics than most fighters out today. IMHO of course.

Yup.

what would you recommend tho brehsan I lurked long enuff to kno u aint bullshyttin

As stated above and a few times already, Skullgirls, if you just looking for a sincere, dope ass fighter and nothing else. However, if you require a more robust cast or a feature-rich title, the KOFXIII or SCV. In all honesty, in terms of mechanics comparison, I'd say KOFXIII is about the closest to it (3rd Strike) than most of any if the current fighters out there, just with much better balancing tho and no parries.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!

I think the gameplay is incredible myself but if they had the time it wouldn't have shipped incomplete. Not hating on the game or tryna downplay their hustle, i just call it how I see it. You must have misinterpreted what I'm saying cuz your duke nukem comparison makes no sense to me. That game was just poorly made, not rushed. Skullgirls is well made, but with time it would've had the things that are standard in fighting games (mentioned in my previous post). Theres no other reason aside from time for them not to be there. And again, Mike Z said so in so many words his self

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Speaking of that...

Who's planning on coppin' that?

I might dabble with it
:obama:
I thought I was gonna feel meh about it but Maj and Ed Ma are involved. Maj runs sonichurricane.com and really knows a lot about internal fighting game engines and Ed is an old school sf head. So I think it's going to be dope.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I think the gameplay is incredible myself but if they had the time it wouldn't have shipped incomplete. Not hating on the game or tryna downplay their hustle, i just call it how I see it. You must have misinterpreted what I'm saying cuz your duke nukem comparison makes no sense to me. That game was just poorly made, not rushed. Skullgirls is well made, but with time it would've had the things that are standard in fighting games (mentioned in my previous post). Theres no other reason aside from time for them not to be there. And again, Mike Z said so in so many words his self

Personally, the reason I think the game is feature lacking is due to a limited budget in comparison to the status quo games you're comparing it to. These other games have 50+ man teams at least and are working on established franchises for the most part. Not to mention, this late in the gen, they're also working with established graphics and fighting engines.

You CAN directly relate budget to time but either way, it was more important for them to get something out to the market and learn from that then to release something that compares to the large titles in terms of features.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
So Skullgirls has/had a lot of load time on the 360? It doesn't seem long on the PS3.:yeshrug:

It's perfectly fine on ps3. On 360 it's like 30 sec+ everytime and I'm not exaggerating. Now imagine spending 5 mins finding a match in ranked, a minute to load/sync with your opponent, only to get lamed out against a corny ass Peacock/Double (assist) team. I don't care how great the game is, this shyt makes playing SFxT with lag + sound glitch seem like tranquilty.

Mind you, I play every fighting game except "anime" games which is what the kids are calling em these days and I get em day one and deal with all the day one problems in their purest form - so naturally, shyt like that might grate on me a bit harder than others.