FFXVI underperforming, mobile and final fantasy's brand weakening leading to massive square stock losses.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Unsure about that because I felt those games are stronger than their AAA output.

Which? Diofield, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Elysium, Voice of Cards, FF Origins, Chocobo GP, Harvestella? none of their AA efforts have really landed.

SE’s best output is FF (mainline, remasters, MMO, Remakes), DQ (online, Builders, mainline), KH, 2dHd, remasters. Their most profitable and better reviewed stuff is still within those IP which aside from Asano are all AAA

Capcom didn’t start having major success again until they dropped all their middling franchises and focused on Monster Hunter, RE, and SF along with remasters. Thats what SE needs to do again, they had the right idea with selling the western division now they need to double down on the big IP

They need more final fantasy and DQ games more often

Last edited:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Square Enix and "hope for more" sales is said after every release they do lol. They have had games on released on multiple platforms and released same statements.

They just need to sell that company for someone that can cover the cost.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Which? Diofield, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Elysium, Voice of Cards, FF Origins, Chocobo GP, Harvestella? none of their AA efforts have really landed.

SE’s best output is FF (mainline, remasters, MMO, Remakes), DQ (online, Builders, mainline), KH, 2dHd, remasters. Their most profitable and better reviewed stuff is still within those IP which aside from Asano are all AAA

Capcom didn’t start having major success again until they dropped all their middling franchises and focused on Monster Hunter, RE, and SF along with remasters. Thats what SE needs to do again, they had the right idea with selling the western division now they need to double down on the big IP

I liked Diofield, but missed the part about Team Asano, and it seems most of those games I was talking about. I assume if they go this route they'll drop those games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

RE is why Capcom is successful

*Reach engine

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked Diofield, but missed the part about Team Asano, and it seems most of those games I was talking about. I assume if they go this route they'll drop those games

Yeah, I think Asano is safe. Their games turn profit and get good reviews, its the other stuff that is most likely going to get dropped.

One of the reasons i praised CBU3 with FFXVI is that a big problem with the series (and what DQXII is currently going through) is they always have huge development issues, scope creep, go over budget, drama, and just in general take too long. One mainline final fantasy a generation is a problem. They need at least two. Having people like the FFXIV team that can get big games out fast is necessary so they need to keep them on mainline.