FFXVI underperforming, mobile and final fantasy's brand weakening leading to massive square stock losses.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The lack of sales for smartphone and PC Browser apps is lowkey kind of scary if you're working there as a non-game software engineer.

I'd be 100% nervous if I was a software engineer that doesn't work on games or network infrastructure.

That's basically a report saying "We're paying ya'll too much" because the investment is non-essential.

A lot of businesses and companies this last year laid off those departments.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The lack of sales for smartphone and PC Browser apps is lowkey kind of scary if you're working there as a non-game software engineer.

I'd be 100% nervous if I was a software engineer that doesn't work on games or network infrastructure.

That's basically a report saying "We're paying ya'll too much" because the investment is non-essential.

They said they expect better sales from ever crisis, it had a pretty big EA period a couple weeks ago

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They said they expect better sales from ever crisis, it had a pretty big EA period a couple weeks ago
Oh I'm not even talking about their games, I'm talking software like FF Chrome Browser extension. Stuff that gamers really don't use.

It sounds like it's excess spending and costing them.

If you got x5 software engineers making $140k each for something that's not being used, then two more product people who came up with the idea making another $200k/year, then that's sticking out in those reports. That's nearly $1.5 mil for that one year for less than 10 people. 10 years of that is $15 mil.

Software teams making bank that are non-essential to creating big games and running their infrastructure are probably at a big risk there right now, like at many other companies.

They got a little crazy early in the year:

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It doesn't say the same thing, it says it was "inline" with expectations.
"Hoped for more " it was below expectations.

Anyway, mobile probably the most concerning numbers for them, they expected big out of their new products they all have basically flopped.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is actually a good thing, keep team Asano bush the rest

Exactly. The 80/20 rule. Get rid of the bloat and now you can create the high quality that will produce enormous results.

Great they mention the focus on the long term. No more get rich quick grabs that fall short.

FFXVI was an awesome foundation to bring in the new culture.

Last edited: