Ffx remake rumoured to be in the works

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
loving the fact that SE refuses to acknowledge 8’s existence
It’s a bad game. It needs heavy work. They probably don’t want to redo that. I feel like they should scrap the entire battle system. If they turned 8 into an action RPG like 16 it would be an improvement.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need to remake 1-6, and give us some up to date visuals. I've never even entertained the idea of playing that shyt because I can't force myself to play games that dated.

But I hear they are actually really good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s a bad game. It needs heavy work. They probably don’t want to redo that. I feel like they should scrap the entire battle system. If they turned 8 into an action RPG like 16 it would be an improvement.

I think the problem is, is finding a team thats passionate about remaking it. I could see people over there being much more excited about the other games in the series, especially X since it was another break out hit

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
They need to remake other RPGs and not just focus on FF series. Phantasy star, shinning force or even Chrono trigger would all be dope to remake.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Phantasy star, shinning force

Sega-logo.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They need to remake 1-6, and give us some up to date visuals. I've never even entertained the idea of playing that shyt because I can't force myself to play games that dated.

But I hear they are actually really good.
Out of all the older games I feel like 6 and maybe 4 are the best candidates for a remake. 4 already got one so 6 should be remade. If they modernized and expanded 6 it would be the obvious best game in the series.

People have this obsession for 7 because it was their first but I feel like 6 is better than 7.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i see an 2D-HD remaking of 6 before a 7 type remake. I just don’t think SE would be up to the task, that game is way bigger than 7

They’d also be stepping on the toes of purist even more cause no way are they gonna invest a huge budget into it and keep it turn based

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
The HD Remaster looks good enough. There are games like VIII and VI that would be better options for a remake than this one.
6 and 8 aren't as popular in the west like 7,9, and 10 and they might not wanna risk it. You guys keep saying remake 8 but 8 was final fantasy xiii in its appeal you either loved it or you hated the fukk out of it. 9 was less popular when it came out but gathered a culture following of people who went back and played it. 10 was a smash hit. I think Square is trying to go for sure fire hits. They really can't afford any misses anymore.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
6 and 8 aren't as popular in the west like 7,9, and 10 and they might not wanna risk it. You guys keep saying remake 8 but 8 was final fantasy xiii in its appeal you either loved it or you hated the fukk out of it. 9 was less popular when it vsne out but gathered a culture following of people who went back and played it. 10 was a smash hit. I think Square is trying to go for sure fire hits. They really can't afford any misses anymore.

TBF 8 was probably more popular at the time than 9 was. 9 feels like The Lost Tapes

Edit—-nvm misread you said back then