Female Princeton grad in letter to Princetonian: Female students, find hubby now!

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
The woman tries to put the young females up on game, and she's lambasted for it...Strange times.

I kinda agree with her notion that for most of us, the University setting is the best place to consider a prospective mate.

For Princetonians, however, they usually have access to a variety of pools of potential, compatible mates after graduation. That's partially due to the status and income bracket they have the opportunity to enjoy as a Princeton grad. If they take advantage of it.

But women often have to "date down" once they've achieved so much success and money, despite have accessibility to dating pools that would likely contain 6 figure income men. They usually don't take advantage of the pool.

The woman is tryin to spit game...those college girls better give her advice some consideration (If they want to peruse a concentrated pool for a "pick-of-the-litter" Ivy League Hubby).

--------------------------------------

www.dailyprincetonian.com/2013/03/29/33188/

Nina Bahadur: Susan Patton's 'Daily Princetonian' Article Urges Female Students To Find Husbands Before Graduating

I've read Susan Patton's Daily Princetonian article, "Advice for the young women of Princeton: the daughters I never had," more than five times today. I remain dumbfounded. In it, she tells us female Princeton students that they better secure a husband before they graduate, because the pool of worthy, marriageable men seriously diminishes after graduation. What's more, they had better start as freshman to maximize their chances of snagging someone on our level.

Susan, I'm sure you are a lovely woman, but I will be forever grateful that no one ever offered me such advice when I was a freshman, or sophomore, or senior at Princeton.

The problem here is not the suggestion that Princeton women might want to get married someday, nor do I have an issue with the idea that they should consider classmates potential spouses. I met a lot of wonderful guys at Princeton who will probably make great husbands someday -- not to mention the incredible women I graduated with who will make great wives. If and when they want to.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
What is "dating" on your level? I don't see why it's so important if you're making that kind of dough that you find someone who's making the exact same or more. It seems like a bonus, not a requirement.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
What is "dating" on your level? I don't see why it's so important if you're making that you're making that kind of dough that you find someone who's making the exact same or more. It seems like a bonus, not a requirement.

Women generally don't respect a man they are financially more capable of unless you daddy long stroke her to death. Then even then they will try you later down the line.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Not the worst advice... Young women should find a husband before their looks diminish (27 or so)

But the elitism of ivy leaguers is silly to me... I deal/work with them all the time and Ivy League intellectualism is totally overrated... I'm a temple grad and am way more knowledgable (and make more dough) than ivy league peers in the same biz... Guys from Wharton tend to be stylish and speak eloquently but aren't necessarily any smarter than others

To claim that she needs to marry an ivy leaguer to find an intellectual equal is ridiculous... Her intellectual equal could be a high school dropout, school has to do more with social class than intellectual ability. Ivy leaguers that say different are just stroking their own inflated ego

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@AintThatSomething...

I don't believe that socio-economic status should be a barrier in dating.

But what the woman who wrote the letter was trying to get at, albeit a bit extreme, is that one of the best opportunities for likely socio-economic compatibility in a potential mate is right there on campus...don't let it pass you by.

It's a numbers game in a sense.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
@AintThatSomething...

I don't believe that socio-economic status should be a barrier in dating.

But what the woman who wrote the letter was trying to get at, albeit a bit extreme, is that one of the best opportunities for likely socio-economic compatibility in a potential mate is right there on campus...don't let it pass you by.

It's a numbers game in a sense.

I agree people should date and marry whoever compliments them and make them happy regardless of socio-economic status, but that is the reality we live in.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Not the worst advice... Young women should find a husband before their looks diminish (per 27 or so)

But the elitism of ivy leaguers is silly to me... I deal/work with them all the time and Ivy League intellectualism is totally overrated... I'm a temple grad and am way more knowledgable (and make more dough) than ivy league peers in the same biz... Guys from Wharton tend to be stylish and speak more eloquently but aren't necessarily any smarter

A friend of mine graduated from Wharton...He grew up around farmland in a rural setting. He's still pretty down to earth considering he's a high-level business exec.

Another associate is a Harvard grad, and she got trapped in the underbelly of drug-subculture while she was there, and it might have triggered a psychological disorder she struggles with. She's doesn't view herself as elite.

There's always those Ivy Leagers, as with college grads in general, that come out of school and seemingly take forever to find their way.

So yeah, there is some variability.

And more informed in highly technical areas of study doesn't always equal more visceral processing and application of information in day-to-day life.

But there is a measure of control concerning the type of student that attends an Ivy League school. There is an implied measure of compatibility based on background, finances, accessibility, prospects of upward mobility, etc.

So, it should be taken advantage of.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Not the worst advice... Young women should find a husband before their looks diminish (27 or so)

But the elitism of ivy leaguers is silly to me... I deal/work with them all the time and Ivy League intellectualism is totally overrated... I'm a temple grad and am way more knowledgable (and make more dough) than ivy league peers in the same biz... Guys from Wharton tend to be stylish and speak eloquently but aren't necessarily any smarter than others

To claim that she needs to marry an ivy leaguer to find an intellectual equal is ridiculous... Her intellectual equal could be a high school dropout, school has to do more with social class than intellectual ability. Ivy leaguers that say different are just stroking their own inflated ego

It really is just a front for a social marking, but it's impolite to say so. Most of my friends are this way and I am as well to a degree.

I would smash a chick from a shytty school, but I wouldn't enter into a long term relationship with her unless she's one of the few non-targets who managed to sneak into an elite company / industry. Our values would just be too different even if our intelligence is equal.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I would smash a chick from a shytty school, but I wouldn't enter into a long term relationship with her. Our values would just be too different even if our intelligence is equal.

I really struggle with this idea because I find myself fighting it within myself. I really don't think it's "right" for lack of a better word. Especially if it leads to premature exclusion...

It also bothers me because, as @johngoodman said, in terms of communication there often isn't much of a drop off...

It's more about the probability of social mobility, socio-economic status... and for lack of a better word, "perceived pedigree"... and that's kinda fukked up.

Isn't love supposed to transcend that?! Or does reality not allow for it?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Man I agree, you need to find your mate in college. Me and my boys didn't do that and we found out the hard way that its hard to find a decent person out here in the real world. You gotta weed through all these women with kids, bad attitudes, broke bytches who clean up well, etc.... At least in college you can get the run down on someone beforehand. Out here in the streets its pot luck.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I really struggle with this idea because I find myself fighting it within myself. I really don't think it's "right" for lack of a better word. Especially if it leads to premature exclusion...

It also bothers me because, as @johngoodman said, in terms of communication there often isn't much of a drop off...

It's more about the probability of social mobility, socio-economic status... and for lack of a better word, "perceived pedigree"... and that's kinda fukked up.

Isn't love supposed to transcend that?! Or does reality not allow for it?

It's not fukked up at all. If your mate's social mobility is limited and yours isn't, she'll end up holding you back. If you have kids with someone of lower status, they'll pick up lower SES values. It makes perfect sense to exclusively date people within your own social class.

"Love" only transcends that in Disney cartoons.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Man I agree, you need to find your mate in college. Me and my boys didn't do that and we found out the hard way that its hard to find a decent person out here in the real world. You gotta weed through all these women with kids, bad attitudes, broke bytches who clean up well, etc.... At least in college you can get the run down on someone beforehand. Out here in the streets its pot luck.

Yeah, on the surface it seems mad superficial but if you are looking to find certain qualities in a female then finding it post-college might be difficult...i mean i couldn't see myself seriously dating a girl that doesn't have a degree or working towards one...It shows me you are planning for a more stable future as well has enriching your social and mental experience....

fukk raising a family with a club rat.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
that's great advice, actually. the only problem is it is not politically correct for a couple reasons (sounds anti-feminist and elitist) but it's very practical