Fear The Walking Dead Season 3 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
strand and salazar are the only remotely interesting characters on this show and one of them is going to kill the other. i just hope the new characters they bring (hopefully) before the end of the season are better.
Strand is good but to be honest outside of the acting which I think Is ok to bad in this cast whst did everyone expect ? I've said a few times in TWD og thread this is some of the problems in having a Zombie tv show. The world would break down slowly and people would believe that things are going to return to normal soon not that the world is over .

TWD comic is about the humans as they are the walking dead not the zombies and there hasn't been a real end date or goal once they found out Eugene was a liar . The walking dead is kind of like dawn of the dead but showing every single day of living in the mall but living for years and going from mall to mall since there isn't a cure

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:laff:

Fear the Walking Dead Is Back, and It's Still Terrible

cusedgji1psj4oiofs5x.jpg

I was not a fan of the first season of Fear the Walking Dead. The pace was incredibly slow, character development predictable, and a few moments of glory aside, it simply bored me. For those reasons, I was both dreading the season two premiere, while also retaining a shred of optimism. Maybe the team behind the show would realize their mistakes and see the light! Sadly, it’s still a catastrophe.

The second season of Fear the Walking Dead begins with a simultaneously intriguing and disappointing opening scene. The cast is ready to head out to Strand’s boat, which was teased at the end of the first season. However, gone is the quiet, serene beach community of last season’s finale. Now, the beach—and all of Los Angeles—is on fire. There’s suddenly extreme urgency to get to Strand’s boat before things get worse. Zombies are attacking everyone on the beach, heads are shattered with rocks. Nick attempts a daring rescue and chops up a zombie’s face with the boat motor before everyone gets away. Exciting, right? Gory, right? Cool John Carpenter-esque score, right? All of those things.

But wait. How did LA start to burn? Why this urgency all of a sudden? It feels like between seasons, something really epic and interesting happened. And yet,Fear the Walking Dead decided to skip it—the show totally ignores and runs away from the interesting. In a show that’s supposed to document the fall of Los Angeles as a microcosm for the degradation of the world as a whole, we skip over what could have been the best part. But I guess, why would we want to see Los Angeles actually fall, right? Let’s get our characters on to a boat so they can brood for 50 minutes.

From the opening until the episode’s final five minutes, there’s very little substance or action in the season two premiere. Yes, Chris punches his father Travis for killing his mother. They dump her body into the ocean. Strand decides not to help a lot of other people on the ocean. Nick declares that he is good at medical stuff. Alicia meets some guy named Jack on the radio. Daniel catches an eel while fishing. They all share a nice meal.

But, as has been the case from the beginning on Fear the Walking Dead, none of this really feels important. There’s no weight to it. The show does almost nothing to make us care about characters or to move the plot forward. A boy is mad his mother died. A lonely girl makes a friend. A survivor acts selfishly. It’s all just the most basic, predictable shyt imaginable. In a single episode, the characters can’t even make it 100 miles to San Diego.

The big problem with Fear the Walking Dead is that these characters are flat. None of them are particularly distinctive. They’re just normal people. Flawed? Scared? Yes! But ultimately normal. They’re the background characters on the Atlanta Walking Dead. Characters who are disposable in a big action scene. Only Fear the Walking Dead doesn’t have those, so everyone survives.

To be fair, in a quality scene that felt a little World War Z (the book not the movie), there are zombies swimming in the ocean at the end of the episode as the cast encounters a capsized boat. That was kind of cool. Was this the work of Alicia’s mysterious Jack? Is that who is coming for them?

Hold up, though. Do we care? Not really. I had hoped, after an off-season for reflection, Fear the Walking Dead would’ve started with some surprising character or plot choices. But no, it’s just more of the same. After the first season, and now this episode, nothing has changed except the setting.

I’m sure there’s a passionate argument to be made that I’m totally wrong in this assessment. A deep dive could reveal these seemingly innocuous characters and actions actually mean something greater. But I’d have to be invested to do that, and I’m just not.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/fear-the-wal...m_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=io9_twitter

This is my problem with the show. It's nothing but broken promises.

They said we're gonna see society break down, they said we're gonna start at the very start, they said a lot and didn't back it up. It's hard watching this show because for six seasons we've been told and seen what not to do, to rewind to the start and see these folks fumbling and bumbling around is just :ld: I'm all for Sealab Strand but they gotta pick up the pace.

That article pretty much states my views...

It's like this show should have just been a build up to everything going to total shyt. And they didn't show it.. instead "oh the military comes and 9days past"

You don't see everything go to complete shyt...

Show is so damn pointless :snoop:

Also the daughter better die

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought first season was ok since I caught all the eps the last weekend and knew that even if first season was slow and setting things up, that season 2 would be staring up. I'll give it a few more eps. but I'm not gonna watch an entire season of people "brooding on a boat" :yeshrug:

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:laff:

Fear the Walking Dead Is Back, and It's Still Terrible

cusedgji1psj4oiofs5x.jpg

I was not a fan of the first season of Fear the Walking Dead. The pace was incredibly slow, character development predictable, and a few moments of glory aside, it simply bored me. For those reasons, I was both dreading the season two premiere, while also retaining a shred of optimism. Maybe the team behind the show would realize their mistakes and see the light! Sadly, it’s still a catastrophe.

The second season of Fear the Walking Dead begins with a simultaneously intriguing and disappointing opening scene. The cast is ready to head out to Strand’s boat, which was teased at the end of the first season. However, gone is the quiet, serene beach community of last season’s finale. Now, the beach—and all of Los Angeles—is on fire. There’s suddenly extreme urgency to get to Strand’s boat before things get worse. Zombies are attacking everyone on the beach, heads are shattered with rocks. Nick attempts a daring rescue and chops up a zombie’s face with the boat motor before everyone gets away. Exciting, right? Gory, right? Cool John Carpenter-esque score, right? All of those things.

But wait. How did LA start to burn? Why this urgency all of a sudden? It feels like between seasons, something really epic and interesting happened. And yet,Fear the Walking Dead decided to skip it—the show totally ignores and runs away from the interesting. In a show that’s supposed to document the fall of Los Angeles as a microcosm for the degradation of the world as a whole, we skip over what could have been the best part. But I guess, why would we want to see Los Angeles actually fall, right? Let’s get our characters on to a boat so they can brood for 50 minutes.

From the opening until the episode’s final five minutes, there’s very little substance or action in the season two premiere. Yes, Chris punches his father Travis for killing his mother. They dump her body into the ocean. Strand decides not to help a lot of other people on the ocean. Nick declares that he is good at medical stuff. Alicia meets some guy named Jack on the radio. Daniel catches an eel while fishing. They all share a nice meal.

But, as has been the case from the beginning on Fear the Walking Dead, none of this really feels important. There’s no weight to it. The show does almost nothing to make us care about characters or to move the plot forward. A boy is mad his mother died. A lonely girl makes a friend. A survivor acts selfishly. It’s all just the most basic, predictable shyt imaginable. In a single episode, the characters can’t even make it 100 miles to San Diego.

The big problem with Fear the Walking Dead is that these characters are flat. None of them are particularly distinctive. They’re just normal people. Flawed? Scared? Yes! But ultimately normal. They’re the background characters on the Atlanta Walking Dead. Characters who are disposable in a big action scene. Only Fear the Walking Dead doesn’t have those, so everyone survives.

To be fair, in a quality scene that felt a little World War Z (the book not the movie), there are zombies swimming in the ocean at the end of the episode as the cast encounters a capsized boat. That was kind of cool. Was this the work of Alicia’s mysterious Jack? Is that who is coming for them?

Hold up, though. Do we care? Not really. I had hoped, after an off-season for reflection, Fear the Walking Dead would’ve started with some surprising character or plot choices. But no, it’s just more of the same. After the first season, and now this episode, nothing has changed except the setting.

I’m sure there’s a passionate argument to be made that I’m totally wrong in this assessment. A deep dive could reveal these seemingly innocuous characters and actions actually mean something greater. But I’d have to be invested to do that, and I’m just not.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/fear-the-wal...m_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=io9_twitter

This is my problem with the show. It's nothing but broken promises.

They said we're gonna see society break down, they said we're gonna start at the very start, they said a lot and didn't back it up. It's hard watching this show because for six seasons we've been told and seen what not to do, to rewind to the start and see these folks fumbling and bumbling around is just :ld: I'm all for Sealab Strand but they gotta pick up the pace.

I thought I missed something when I saw the whole fukking coastline on fire :dwillhuh: Did the military drop bombs on the area? Did a gas pipeline explode?

Cast is terrible except Strand. I would be happy with Strand and the crackhead son on a road trip out of LA to Vegas or something. I'm not sure how long I can last

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always disliked the idea of this show since I didn't like the idea of the writers taking away from the main show...plus all of the trailers made it seem boring,
But after that bullshyt cliffhanger I need something else to fill the void till the main series comes back, will this do the job or is it not worth it? Seen a lot of reviews saying its shyt

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont really like smiley, the black guy and the old latin guy with the shotgun are the only interesting ones

smileys wife what a hard azz, i hope she dies soon

this show wont last, this is what happens when you have talent less writers who cant fall back on a great comic to create interesting characters

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought I missed something when I saw the whole fukking coastline on fire :dwillhuh: Did the military drop bombs on the area? Did a gas pipeline explode?

Cast is terrible except Strand. I would be happy with Strand and the crackhead son on a road trip out of LA to Vegas or something. I'm not sure how long I can last

they bombed it just like in the walking dead

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always disliked the idea of this show since I didn't like the idea of the writers taking away from the main show...plus all of the trailers made it seem boring,
But after that bullshyt cliffhanger I need something else to fill the void till the main series comes back, will this do the job or is it not worth it? Seen a lot of reviews saying its shyt

It's a good complimentary show to the original Walking Dead.

My main complaint is that they could've shown more of the decline of society but I'm sure they'll come around on that.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT