Favorite Power Rangers Series ?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
wow samurai really hittin like that for these kids. i saw some of samurai and thought it was shytter than early MMPR. Only highlights was bulk (or was it skull)? and the the MMPR like theme song, but even the song was a poor man's version of the classic.
Bulk and Spike who is Skull's son. Skull himself didn't show up until the finale I believe.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Samurai is hot :trash: just like all of the Neo-Saban seasons, but it was a particularly interesting beast because it was essentially trying to be two different shows that clashed with each other.

Saban and the Saban execs wanted the show to have the light-hearted goofiness of early MMPR, but Jonathan Tzachor believed Power Rangers was at its best as a straight-up adaptation of the Sentai, and Shinkenger was fairly melodramatic. So with Samurai you get this very dry, melodramatic shot-for-shot Shinkenger main plot for most episodes but they throw in a couple of corny quips during the fight scenes and a random Bulk and Spike scene where they don't interract with the rangers and have no bearing on the actual plot.

To date, Samurai (and Super Samurai) are the only seasons where the writer of the Sentai episode gets a writing credit.

That being said, this is a classic episode of Power Rangers, and it was essentially what they sold the season as:

Had the whole season actually been like this, Samurai might have been something decent.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random thought, but it's funny to me that in the first episode of SPD Sky says Syd can't be the red ranger because she's a girl when just two years prior a female red ranger not only saved the entire galaxy but got every other active ranger team their powers back after they were blocked by those satellites. :jbhmm:

This is another reason why I don't fukk with that copaganda ass season. Sky was definitely listening to The Quartering and Ben Shapiro in his spare time. :pacspit:

Probably saw Amelia and thought the Power Rangers were getting too 'woke.' Probably only wanted to be red so he could "Make Rangers Great Again." :mjpls:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Random thought, but it's funny to me that in the first episode of SPD Sky says Syd can't be the red ranger because she's a girl when just two years prior a female red ranger not only saved the entire galaxy but got every other active ranger team their powers back after they were blocked by those satellites. :jbhmm:

This is another reason why I don't fukk with that copaganda ass season. Sky was definitely listening to The Quartering and Ben Shapiro in his spare time. :pacspit:

Probably saw Amelia and thought the Power Rangers were getting too 'woke.' Probably only wanted to be red so he could "Make Rangers Great Again." :mjpls:
Speaking of Sky and SPD, I just noticed in Time Force this morpher that Wes kept his morpher even when everyone else went back to the future, which goes against the narrative of why Jen couldn't stay in the past. Not sure it if it was an oversight, they totally could have leaned into the narrative that Wes was his dad and unintentionally helped create SPD by extension of his morpher staying in the past.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

all this over a retcon or different universe?

TDT

All Star
Daps
Monica May(Z from SPD) :ehh:

May-with-spd-powerangers-costume.jpg

524a458c916d9.jpg

49-hot-pictures-of-monica-may-which-will-make-you-slobber-for-her-best-of-comic-books-11.jpeg

49-hot-pictures-of-monica-may-which-will-make-you-slobber-for-her-best-of-comic-books-17.jpeg