Favorite Dragon Ball/Z Saga

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
I NEVER GOT 2 WATCH THE BUU SAGA AND AS A HARDCORE DBZ FAN GROWING UP I AM SAD MY CABLE HAD GOT CUT OFF AROUND THAT TIME AND I NEVER GOT 2 FINISH IT ON CARTOON NETWORK IN U GUYS HONEST OPINION IS THAT SAGA WORTH GOING BACK 2 REWATCH :to:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Saiyan/Frieza/Namek saga was easily the best in my eyes. It's really what brought DBZ the success it had...storytelling was on point and all the characters got to make an impact.

Android/Cell saga had some good fights but the storyline was kinda drab.

Buu saga was :scusthov:

TMillzy

Pro
Daps
Cell saga is my favorite but he didn't have the overwhelming power that Frieza had. When DBZ started Frieza was already the almighty power. Everybody was shook of Frieza. We found out who the saiyans were and how their planet was destroyed. Learned about Goku and Vegetas fathers. And everybody had a decent fight up until that point. Also Frieza had henchman whereas Cell and Buu didn't. It was a hopeless feeling to beat Frieza. He was the most ruthless and powerful villain relative to everyone else.

Cell is my favorite because he was the most entertaining villain. The androids arrival was always so spooky to me and Cell just comes out of nowhere and crushes them. Vegeta turning SS, Gohan SS2, and Trunks made it my favorite. But Vegeta could have just killed Cell which made it kind of silly

eifmp

Looking for a rich woman to take care of me
Daps
Reppin
Staten Island, NY
Cell saga is my favorite but he didn't have the overwhelming power that Frieza had. When DBZ started Frieza was already the almighty power. Everybody was shook of Frieza. We found out who the saiyans were and how their planet was destroyed. Learned about Goku and Vegetas fathers. And everybody had a decent fight up until that point. Also Frieza had henchman whereas Cell and Buu didn't. It was a hopeless feeling to beat Frieza. He was the most ruthless and powerful villain relative to everyone else.

Cell is my favorite because he was the most entertaining villain. The androids arrival was always so spooky to me and Cell just comes out of nowhere and crushes them. Vegeta turning SS, Gohan SS2, and Trunks made it my favorite. But Vegeta could have just killed Cell which made it kind of silly

Eggzactly! That ruined it for me.

Looty

Looty
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
LOL I love how he left out GT because everybody know that shyt was trash.

But Cell Saga no doubt, just too many memorable moments. Buu Saga had to be the most wtf saga I ever watched. Like am I supposed to take some pink fat mofo that eats sweets and turn people into candy, not to mention this mother fukker is made of some unreal material that can shape shift, morph, pretty much a walking and talking Nutty Putty.

Dragonball had that heart tho, lots of funny shyt in that. But damn Buu Saga had zero respect for Gohan. He was supposed to be the strongest fighter, but they sent this nikka to High School and he became a bytch. Ultimate Gohan, as well as Vegito, was just useless screen time. But it did have one of the funniest scenes, when Chi Chi walked up to that nikka and slap him in the back of the head, not giving a fukk. Chi Chi that bytch yo.

chi_chi_slaps_to_buu_by_alerkina2-d5s20tn.jpg

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Cell Saga definitely. Good villains, good story, good fights.

Frieza Saga had some epic moments but shyt was just too drawn out, even by DBZ standards. The planet will blow up in five minutes? Word? :usure:

Buu Saga was :rudy:

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
Buu saga initially felt like
tumblr_m3gjqkOqJV1qhx3ir.gif

When that fat puffy cookie eating slob turned into
MajinBuuSuperNV..png

ufc_approve_gif.gif

My dude started to work the entire saiyan bloodline like
illiiA.gif

2.jpg

The most :mindblown: villain.

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all need to watch this and reevaluate.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
OT: But that Return of Garlic JR movie was such piff :noah:

No Goku to help em

Chi Chi goin kaioken :pachaha:

Piccolo whoopin gohan's ass

Piccollo justbein a bad ass mufcka :wow:

That movie was just :wow:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Whole series is piff to me but by the end of Buu Saga I was like :snoop:

You're gonna build up to Gohan being the hero from day one just to put the hero strap back on Goku, play Gohan out like a bytch? Goku had John Cena syndrome at that point.

I've probably said this a billion times but the writer DID want Gohan to be the hero which is why Goku decided to stay dead. The cell saga was about Gohan becoming earths protector after Goku.

But the audience never really attached to Gohan like they did Goku and thus Goku came back in a way that contradicted the very nature of the DBZ universe. :troll:

As for favorite saga, Frieza was the best. It has moments that define the series as a whole.

Goku finally accepting his Saiyan heritage
Vegeta beginning his series long rival and admiration of Goku
Gohan becoming a decent fighter
The origins of not just the Saiyans but of the dragonballs as well
Goku turning SSJ for the first time
Frieza was created to be the ultimate monster and lived up to it

Just :wow:

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dragon Ball - Red Ribbon Saga...

Dragon Ball Z - Freiza Saga...

Dragon Ball GT - fukk DB GT N ANY WHO LOVE EM

:birdman:

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
one of these days i really have to watch dragonball. i've only watched clips and read up on it, i've never actually seen it myself.

but speaking purely dragonball z... i would rank them:

1. saiyan arc
2. cell/android arc
3. namek arc
4. buu arc

- saiyan saga imo is the best because it's the shortest and not needlessly drawn out beyond comprehension. love it how it builds and builds and culminates with the big fight against nappa and vegeta... which pays off in every possible way. the piccolo/gohan training subplot is also exceptional.

- cell / android saga comes next based purely on the fact that it's fukkery personified and had the most twists and turns. there was really never a dull moment and mostly everyone played an important part.

- namek saga starts off great but the second half is pure filler and throwaway fights until the goku/freeza showdown. also with the exception of vegeta, gohan and krillin... almost every other character is an afterthought for the majority of the saga. even goku becomes important only at the very end.

- buu saga is just the namek saga on steroids. a main villain with endless forms and endless transformations who just won't die... all the characters except the saiyans are sidelined... and the tone just became a lot lighter and jokey.

having said that i love them all and they each have their own respective pros and cons.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Android/Cell saga had the best buildup
It wasnt the same "we're weak and we need Goku to save us" bullshyt

Plus it added alot of story for multiple characters

Plus Trunks is easily the most popular character not named Goku or Vegeta