Favorite Dragon Ball/Z Saga

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
Android/Cell Saga with The Freiza/Namek Saga a close second. Cell Saga had many :whoo: moments and after all these years, i can appreciate the namek/frieza saga:smugbiden:. Vegeta was catching bodies left and right in that one:wow: and he had the best character arc too.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im going with the android/cell saga. Just how gully the built up was, thinking there was hope, and cell coming thru methodically absorbing/wrecking shyt one by one. Second best coming from namek tho, that frieza fight is the best of the entire series.

Just realizing how long i've been eating off this.. its been feeding me for years, dragon ball with the 5 loaves and 2 fish treatment :eat:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frieza Saga Goku going SSJ for the first time and giving frieza that work :ohlawd: But I must admit Gohan going SSJ 2 in the cell games was piff too

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The world tournement with that AMAZING goten vs trunks fight, and the introduction of MAJIN VEGETA was the purest saga and era of DBZ ever

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite DBZ saga was the Frieza Saga and my second was the majin buu saga because we finally got to see what the other characters brought to the table fighting wise.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Namek/Frieza Saga. Too much epic shyt went down during that saga, but mainly because Goku went super saiyan which is one of the greatest moments in anime history.

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
My personal favorite is the Majin Vegeta period. Vegeta was spittin' jewels at Goku.

But that Cell saga is amazing and arguably the best by popular opinion.

eifmp

Looking for a rich woman to take care of me
Daps
Reppin
Staten Island, NY
Frieza Saga is my favorite.

Cell Saga was just OK imo. Never really got into it like that. Frieza saga is what took DBZ to a whole new level, essentially because of Frieza.

We had an overpowering villain who was merciless. Frieza ruled with an iron fist and had a high body count. Murked Dende; beat Vegeta like a looter in a riot then killed him too; killed Krillin like it was nothing; Killed Vegeta's pops with one punch; destroyed planet Vegeta AND planet Namek... nearly eliminating two species in the process; Frieza was just the GOAT villain.
He was the only DBZ villian where we all wondered how they even had a chance to win. With the Cell & Majin Buu sagas, we all knew that they were going to win. It wasn't the hopeless struggle...the sheer uphill climb that the Frieza saga was. Frieza wanted to rule the universe and DID rule a good part of it. Comparing Frieza's ambitions to Cell & Majin Buu is a joke.

We learned about the history of the Saiyajin race and of Vegeta as well. That the Saiyans were all under the rule of Frieza and not just the world conquering villains we thought they were. How they were destroyed and why. So much history in the Frieza saga.

We had Vegeta's redemption. This was his transformation from villain to anti-hero (with a grudge against Goku) which allowed him to be somewhat accepted in by the DBZ crew.

SSJ Goku. <--- Most epic moment in anime history.

The universe is at stake in the Frieza saga. Not just one planet. The greater the potential loss, the better the victory.

I dunno what you all saw about the Cell saga which made it so great. I have to re-watch it cause I don't see what's so epic about it. Again, it was just OK.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The world tournement with that AMAZING goten vs trunks fight, and the introduction of MAJIN VEGETA was the purest saga and era of DBZ ever

i want to reiterate this point i just made

that saga was STRAIGHT UP FIGHTS. 1 on 1 brawls, starring the full cast and foes. if anyone has a link to that Goten vs Trunks fight, please drop it..its so piff. Plus the climax of it is Vegeta going full :demonic: and murking innocents. throughout it he also sons gohan like he is NOTHING, and is an EMBARSSMENT to the saiyan race...

one of the few sagas I can watch repeatedly

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lotta people underrating the original DB in this thread. So we're still acting like the 22nd Tenkaichi and the King Piccolo arc weren't fire? :beli:

The 22nd Tenkaichi is probably my favorite arc of the original DB.
Goku, Tien, Krillin, and Master Roshi all held it down with awesome fights, and Chaiotzu was an actual threat. Yamcha of all characters got a little shine (he actually put up a legit fight against Tien) :yamcha:
Even Yajirobe was catching bodies in the King Piccolo arc.

The King Piccolo Saga and the 23rd were dope too. And the Red Ribbon arc :ahh:

DBZ was at it's best up until the Frieza Saga ended. Almost everybody got shine in the Saiyan fight, and nobody felt useless on Namek. Vegeta, Gohan, and Piccolo all traded blows with Frieza, and even Krillin came through and cut his tail off. :youngsabo:

Goku going super saiyan at the end, while dope, was the beginning of the end. It was piff, but after that, the super saiyans took over the whole series and made everyone else irrelevant. It would have been better if the other dudes got some more powerups to help them keep up. Piccolo was pretty much the only other character who could really keep up until Cell ended. (:salute: @ his fight with 17) The problem with the Cell saga was that it didn't give you that "this dude is unstoppable" feeling that we got from King Piccolo, Vegeta, and Frieza, who had henchmen and were catching bodies left and right. The Cell saga introduced a lot of dope characters (Trunks, 17 and 18, Cell), but it hinged way too much on everybody making dumb decisions that led to Cell getting stronger when they could have thrown him in the bushes within a few episodes.

Vegeta, Krillin, Trunks, Gohan, Goku :ufdup:

The Buu Saga started off alright but it got wack pretty quickly, Gohan was :flabbynsick:, Piccolo and 18 were :flabbynsick:, Krillin and the rest of the humans were :flabbynsick:, and it seemed everyone not named Goku was only there just to get jobbed out, or thrown in the bushes. Vegeta got some pretty good scenes though.

Goku saving Mr. Satan over his own seed when the planet blew up :snoop:

Top tier:

Saiyan/Frieza saga
22nd Tenkaichi
King Piccolo

High tier:

23rd Tenkaichi
Red Ribbon
21st Tenkaichi

Mid Tier:

Androids/Cell
Pilaf