Fast and fukkery on TV: Miami Vice TV remake produced by Vin Diesel

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
Simple math. If you don't want the show yo be canceled then watch it. The shyt ain't rocket science lol.
You know how many shows I've invested in only for it to get canceled? Especially on this channel... I still have a sour taste in my mouth because they canceled that Dracula show a few years back

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's NBC brotha:francis::mjcry:

And the good place and superstore are still on homie. That's all I'm saying

You know how many shows I've invested in only for it to get canceled? Especially on this channel... I still have a sour taste in my mouth because they canceled that Dracula show a few years back

Yeah and it got the axe because no one was watching it man. Stations don't go into business to cancel shows. That shyt costs money and people lose jobs for it. They don't have a board they spin and give it a whirl to determine who lives and who dies. Some shyt catches on with people and some shyt doesn't but normally the more expensive shoews like Dracula will get axed if they don't see an immediate return on investment.

That shyt is harsh homie but that's business. There are plenty of things I've loved that's gotten the axe but I don't take it personally and I get it's a business first and foremost. Not everyone can be as lucky as Chuck

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
And the good place and superstore are still on homie. That's all I'm saying

Yeah and it got the axe because no one was watching it man. Stations don't go into business to cancel shows. That shyt costs money and people lose jobs for it. They don't have a board they spin and give it a whirl to determine who lives and who dies. Some shyt catches on with people and some shyt doesn't but normally the more expensive shoews like Dracula will get axed if they don't see an immediate return on investment.

That shyt is harsh homie but that's business. There are plenty of things I've loved that's gotten the axe but I don't take it personally and I get it's a business first and foremost. Not everyone can be as lucky as Chuck
I hear you and actually don't necessarily have a problem with canceling shows... Just give them a proper send off and don't leave it with a cliffhanger. I guess that's what I meant originally but didn't express it

pop

Banned
Daps
tumblr_ooc1v0XtwZ1v47x3jo1_400_zpsctnuctlr.gif

fukk outta here 2014:mjpls:

I been around since all hip hop and sohh days fakkit. Get a life and stop worrying about reg dates.

pop

Banned
Daps
No. Miami vice is a product of it's times and without the 80s ambiance it wasn't right

The time period doesent matter idiot. Miami Vice is about the dualities of undercover life. How much of Sonny Burnett is really Sonny Crockett?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear you and actually don't necessarily have a problem with canceling shows... Just give them a proper send off and don't leave it with a cliffhanger. I guess that's what I meant originally but didn't express it

I feel that but thats some new shyt. I don't know how old you are but in the 80s and 90s, shows would just go lol. They'd be here today and gone tomorrow. There were two shows on TGIF I loved, Aliens in the family and Muppets Tonight. I tuned in one night and they were gone. Same goes with the sonic the hedgehog cartoon on saturday mornings...or Cro...or Cowboys of Moo Mesa. Now we feel like we deserve endings and shyt but I'm really cool with not having them because that's how it was growing up:manny:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
People like Vin Diesel and "Fast & Furious" crew don't get "Miami Vice", I grew up watching Miami Vice on FX in the mid/late 90's, it was my favorite show, I always been a dark kid, wanted to read about serial killers and gangsters, and the nihilistic tone of Miami Vice resonated with me. Yes, it was "cool", somehow people equate it with silly, because of the 80's, but it's very bleak and very much in line with Mann's other work, all heartbreak and character flaws, violence, and a sense of evil lurking underneath the cars and clothes.

This will be an eye candy, cars and clothes, "Ballers" with badges, bullshyt show.

The movie has it's flaws, as much of Mann's work post 90's, but it's incredible to me, and very true to the show. If anyone watches, (tv show) they will see it's much lighter on the jokes and lightness, it's really dark, in all but it's worst moments, post season 3, when Mann stepped away fully.

"Shadow In the Dark" is just like "Manhunter" made for tv.