Fast and fukkery on TV: Miami Vice TV remake produced by Vin Diesel

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I fukked with what I've seen of the show. But the movie? Just didn't work for me
Oh I hated the movie lol it didn't capture the tone of the show. The show i saw all of it I had broken my knee and was homeschooled in high school for a semester lol the amount of cameos !! John leguizamo as a crime lord (noncarlitos way ) :smugfavre:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
giphy.gif

But watch it last as long as Rush Hour did

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Naw

The OG fit that time period
The music,the fashion, the car:wow:

They remaking everything
I heard Dallas is being remade :hhh:
They did Dallas already...think it ran for 2-3 seasosn on TNT.
The CW is doing a new Dynasty with a latina chick as the lead though.

And this Miami Vice remake will live or die based on the casting of Crockett and Tubbs.

pop

Banned
Daps
Oh I hated the movie lol it didn't capture the tone of the show. The show i saw all of it I had broken my knee and was homeschooled in high school for a semester lol the amount of cameos !! John leguizamo as a crime lord (noncarlitos way ) :smugfavre:

Yes it did idiot. Miami Vice was not a fukking comedy. It was grim depressing show about pointless drug enforcement policies and corruption in the justice system. The film was pretty much a remake of one the best episodes of the show Smugglers Blues. Idiots like you wanted Bad Boys type shyt with Jamie Foxx c00ning it up and dumb jokes about the 80's

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it did idiot. Miami Vice was not a fukking comedy. It was grim depressing show about pointless drug enforcement policies and corruption in the justice system. The film was pretty much a remake of one the best episodes of the show Smugglers Blues. Idiots like you wanted Bad Boys type shyt with Jamie Foxx c00ning it up and dumb jokes about the 80's
No. Miami vice is a product of it's times and without the 80s ambiance it wasn't right

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I loved the feeling of miami vice I mean I didnt get into it as a kid but that theme song was badass... If NBC aint gonna go the dark and gritty route of it, then it would be a waste of a good show.:manny: they need this on amazon or somethng it would be too fukking real on regular tv...

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
You sound like a fukking retard. Michael Mann is brilliant and Miami Vice was an serious nihilistic crime drama about the futility of the war on drugs. They tackled political issues of their time and shyt on the Reagan administration heavy. The film was fukking incredible as well, and like all of Manns projects went over most peoples heads because they just wanted Bad Boys 3. This piece of shyt is just going to be Fast and Furious in Miami with white male leads who fukk all the women and some goofy black sidekick who never gets any p*ssy. Cant forget the tie in soundtrack with hot new tunes from our favorite artists like Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry oh boy! How in the fukk can any Michael Mann fan look forward to this. This is like Tyler Perry rebooting New York Undercover.
tumblr_ooc1v0XtwZ1v47x3jo1_400_zpsctnuctlr.gif

fukk outta here 2014:mjpls:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They did Dallas already...think it ran for 2-3 seasosn on TNT.
The CW is doing a new Dynasty with a latina chick as the lead though.

And this Miami Vice remake will live or die based on the casting of Crockett and Tubbs.

Much like lethal weapon. Reason that works is because of the leads

To be fair Mann wanted the movie to be more like the first season of the show and what he envisioned when he was working on it