Fargo Season 5

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched it over the past week, the best season since 2 imo and stacks up with both seasons 1&2, shyt was so good that I'm probably gonna re-watch both of those since it's been so long now. Wasn't familiar with Juno Temple since I haven't watched Ted Lasso but that was one of the best acting performances on a TV series that I've seen in a minute, she can carry scenes with just her eyes.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This was probably the 2nd best season. I know people were shytting on last season but at I think it was more and issue with the writing and pacing more so than the acting. I think Chris Rock did a fine job given the material. I think it's more of the fact that we see him as a goofy comedian so we have to do a sort of double take when he does anything serious.

People are complaining about Whit and he was a great character but you can argue he was maybe too 'noble'. You never chase an armed and dangerous suspect by yourself. Furthermore when duke had a knife you are within your rights to shoot him after he refused to drop his knife the first time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna binge this now it's over.

I'm chalking season 4 up to Hawley trying to juggle too many projects. He was doing "Fargo", "Legion" and that Natalie Portman movie all at the same time. He's a great writer but multitasking isn't his strong suit.

Side note, he's doing an "Alien" prequel series next. It should be dope.

Fred.

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
Geez that was such a horrible ending. Disappointing because the season was great up to the latter part of the last episode. Actually, the whole episode was lukewarm in comparison to the other ones.

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
It felt like they needed 10 episodes even though it could have been done with 9. It felt pretty much wrapped up after episode 9.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Geez that was such a horrible ending. Disappointing because the season was great up to the latter part of the last episode. Actually, the whole episode was lukewarm in comparison to the other ones.

Even when he kidnapped the son there was a huge opportunity to dive into that story and just got completely washed over. Total wasted opportunity

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Eh something was missing from season 5. It lacked the magic, intrigue, suspense of season 1 and 2.

The issue was that the antagonists intentions were too forthcoming early.

Part of what made S1 and 2 so great was the intrigue of what's hanging in the balance.

A MAGA dude getting his wife back fell flat.

If she had something of value (monetary, property or a deep secret) it would have added to the suspense much much more.