Far Cry 3 best open world shooter this gen

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I kinda take it back. this game has a little more depth than I originally thought

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I want this game. Might wait for a sale to pick it up though.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heard one was OK and two was trash just what I heard tho :yeshrug:

The original Far Cry may be the greatest first person shooter of all time. It was the original open world shooter and was very similar to this one. Took place on a chain of islands, but there was an alien aspect to it later in the game. Part two I love. Huge world set in Africa. A little repetitive, but once you got going the story was great.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The original Far Cry may be the greatest first person shooter of all time. It was the original open world shooter and was very similar to this one. Took place on a chain of islands, but there was an alien aspect to it later in the game. Part two I love. Huge world set in Africa. A little repetitive, but once you got going the story was great.

in many ways Crysis was "Far Cry 2"

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
why is it after I single-handedly take a camp, these other dudes show up talkin bout "who's the man? me!"

:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game looks phenomenal on my PC. I'm using SweetFX for SMAA and my graphic options are all on high except for post fx(medium) and my resolution is at 1360x768 running at about 45-60 FPS.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
this game needs some kind of uber-hard survival mode. as it is, it's too easy

most of the guns and backpack upgrades are available from the beginning, and can be had with very little grinding. I think the game is a little 'too open' in that regard

there's too much info on the map/mini-map. there's a lot of cool stuff to look for, but if you're even near it, it shows you where it is on your mini-map. even worse, there's complete loot and item maps you can buy, and again they're available from the beginning if you have the money (that's really something I would expect to be held out until later in the game)

one challenging thing is the AI. it's very good at swarming you, flanking, and investigating sound

edit: the map also shows the areas specific animals are in. that plus the ease of fast travelling takes a lot of the challenge away from crafting

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
they investigate sound too good if you ask me. i'll swim to a island with nobody on it and the moment i shoot a pig i get swarmed by pirates dressed like bloods.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they investigate sound too good if you ask me. i'll swim to a island with nobody on it and the moment i shoot a pig i get swarmed by pirates dressed like bloods.

you can remedy that by putting a silencer on all you weapons. which btw seems to take no stats away from your gun. basically there's no reason to not use a silencer, and I think that's kinda unrealistic as well

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
1080p Locked @ 60fps, ultra everything, HBAO my PC is dancing all over this game.

screenshot000284uqw.png

Will take more pics later, PC heads, there's an in game screenshot feature just hit print screen. It takes pics without the HUD.

Game is much better than I expected, it's always dope to spray a jeep full of those pirate nikkas. They roll up talking shyt and can't even get out the whip.