Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is a Nike call. They’re investing a bunch of money into FAMU including exclusive drops and a Lebron partnership, so there’s no way they would let this slide. Administration is in CYA mode.

You think that universities and Head Coaches don't have standards? And that they would otherwise condone this if it wasn't for pressure from an athletic apparel company/sponsor?
Really?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
You think that universities and Head Coaches don't have standards? And that they would otherwise condone this if it wasn't for pressure from an athletic apparel company/sponsor?
Really?
Do I think top rank admins (President/Provost) knew about it? No.

Did the athletic department and coaching staff know? Yes. They’re trying to be Jackson State, so they said “why not?” They condoned it. Did they get spooked when they saw the finished product filled with wild lyrics and content? They damn sure did.

This isn’t an iPhone video; there was a full audio, video crew in a private area in the stadium.

Do I think the Nike relationship has a lot to do with the response? Absolutely. Do I think they called FAMU when they saw their logos front and center on jerseys and in a locker room they helped pay for, in a wild rap video? Absolutely.

Shutting down the ENTIRE program in the middle of camp for a season starting in a month is a lot more heavy handed than I would have expected for something like this. It’s not like a criminal offense happened.

I’m not saying the school has no standards, but the pressure they have on them from sponsors pushed the sledge hammer response.