Famous Afro-Latinos are Tired Of Trying To Explain To People They’re Black

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't really put Melo in this group with other afro hispanics because he is half AA from his mother and Puerto Rican from his father. Plus he was raised by his AA mother since his Puerto Rican father died when he was 2 or 3 years old. So ethnically he grew up more AAdos than Puerto Rican.
I say the same thing. He’s just a regular nikka from Baltimore. But ever since he cut his braids he’s been trying to get in tune with his PR side more. :mjpls: You can’t tell him he’s not Puerto Rican. Same thing with nikkas like Juelz Santana and Fabolous.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
It is okay for them to call themselves multiracial or biracial. But why are some of them (not all because some of these people are 'actually Black' aka monoracial) claiming our shyt? The words 'multiracial' or 'biracial' and 'Black' are not synonymous.
What does Black mean?

Y'all realize Black isn't even an African made term. It's ONLY a euro term that was created by euro colonials to justify treating others different and giving them free reign to subjugate.

shyt is crazy how hostile brehs can be about excluding people who genuinely have black heritage from being able to state they are black while acknowledging the other ancestry, culture, etc that are a part of them.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
I say the same thing. He’s just a regular nikka from Baltimore. But ever since he cut his braids he’s been trying to get in tune with his PR side more. :mjpls: You can’t tell him he’s not Puerto Rican. Same thing with nikkas like Juelz Santana and Fabolous.

Tbh Melo not from Baltimore- and if you heard his family talk they are very much new yorkers- Nikkas from Baltimore looked at melo like he was a baltimore nikka.

But Melo Said him being back in NY was back to being home- and in NY lots of people are Rican :yeshrug:
Fab and Juelz probably dont even know their pops:mjlol:

BoogieDown23

MY SON HAS COOKIES!
Daps
Reppin
The Boogiedown Bronx :blessed:
Tbh Melo not from Baltimore- and if you heard his family talk they are very much new yorkers- Nikkas from Baltimore looked at melo like he was a baltimore nikka.

But Melo Said him being back in NY was back to being home- and in NY lots of people are Rican :yeshrug:
Fab and Juelz probably dont even know their pops:mjlol:

Melo moved from brooklyn to bmore when he was 9 years old.......that nikka is from baltimore

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
What do they expect when most of them dont claim anything Black..these feamous ones are the excpetion, not the rule.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:you not even black frfr

my dad looks like the Jamaican from Belly and he floated over here from Habana in the 80s. :ld: We Melanoid :blessed:

maxresdefault.jpg

:blessed: Papa! :noah:

IBRAHIM-FERRER-007.jpg

nBOldHtY02IgWYydxrped2IRrHeKst6uUucLZO65dx2n1VBRZi7pvRYxyrju5-kGN18TMTcngtoRcoNgGXosIiUlOuIeIGnDrmGym1N9HDoC1p-lKidSTahKXUYKKLRC7mXzIlWZlKipqnRSqYkka6hmr6AiKv92DzjS5wVF=s0-d
`