Family Matters Appreciation Thread!!!!!

Mull

Pro
Daps
This.

Also, Production was top tier but the flows he used on the 2nd and 3rd sections dont work well in battles.

Gotta have more poise and patience for the lines to hit.
Part of me wonders if he really wanted to do this. There was a certain aggression/attitude that was in Back 2 Back that just wasn’t here delivery wise

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Part of me wonders if he really wanted to do this. There was a certain aggression/attitude that was in Back 2 Back that just wasn’t here delivery wise

I think Meek Mill was less pressure for Drake so he was hella comfortable and had fun wit it.

This Kendrick battle been brewing for over 10 years + he knows Kendrick gets universal culture love so he overthought it with the double time multi-flows tryna show too much technical skill all while shooting at hella nikkas at once.

He really thought it was the red button but he simply did too much.

I can see why him and his team gassed it because the production and flows were top tier for a regular song but it didn’t translate in battle form especially when your opponent is an extremely meticulous psychopath.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

He wanted it. When he dropped Push Ups he BEGGED for it.

He simply underestimated Kendrick while overestimating all the other opps. Nobody really gave a fukk about him sonning Ross and Asap (and to his or his writers credits, he DID son them) once Cole bent the knee and gave up, the only thing everyone wanted was Dot Vs Drake. The entire middle portion of the song is basically filler.

Also he shot himself DEAD in the foot with the freeing slaves line. Stupid stupid down right RETARDED move. It opened the door WIDE open for Kendrick to run with the “Not Like Us” angle culturally. Drake not only underestimated Kendrick, he underestimated just how much like an actual colonizer he made himself look like. And he underestimated just how easy it would be to pull his card on how much phony cosplaying of black AMERICAN culture he’d done throughout his career. Its like he learned absolutely nothing from the battle with Push, a battle he admitted he LOST.

I think Drake REALLY thought for some reason he was viewed as more authentic than Kendrick. Which is absolute insanity and further helped Kendrick to prove a point. That Aubrey Graham is nothing more than a method actor and Drake is his greatest character. A character he’s gotten lost in and therefore unable to see reality.

UpThruDere

Youtube.com/weupthrudere Subscribe!
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FLA
It was lame from the beginning

“You know who really bang a set my nikka YG”

A half breed from Canada trying to tell a Black American who was born and raised in Compton about gang culture is the perfect example of everything that was said on ‘Not Like Us’

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It was lame from the beginning

“You know who really bang a set my nikka YG”

A half breed from Canada trying to tell a Black American who was born and raised in Compton about gang culture is the perfect example of everything that was said on ‘Not Like Us’
Yet Kendrick on stage with Jay Worthy while letting him say nikka. An Indian from Canada who came to LA as an adult and became blood as an adult and came from a well off family. Who's also Elon Musk brother in law. Lol.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet Kendrick on stage with Jay Worthy while letting him say nikka. An Indian from Canada who came to LA as an adult and became blood as an adult and came from a well off family. Who's also Elon Musk brother in law. Lol.
:mjtf: