Famed songwriter Diane warren comes for Beyoncé “How can a song have 24 writers?”…. The dream responds!

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
The actual answer is that now, more than ever, people are actually getting writing credits for their contributions to these songs.

There's countless stories of some older musician saying they came up with the catchiest part of a song while they were fukking around in the studio, or just in passing, and all they have to show for it is a story that some people may or may not actually believe. Now, even if it's a case of using some premade stems that are deliberately made to just be fillers or beds, or something you saw online that inspired you, it's a whole lot easier to just credit twenty-some writers that it is to try to just let some shyt ride like you used to.

And that's before even getting into properly crediting acts that were sampled.

I believe it was that blurred lines lawsuit that caused the shift. Now when you sample a song everyone involved gets writing credit from the singers to everyone involved in it.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You sure about that?
Naw I’m not sure at all

giphy.gif

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I literally rolled my eyes when I saw him immediately say “black” . Cmon now

This started, or became popular, with Kanye honestly. Dude would credit a thousand people I don’t know whether to be gracious, obnoxious, to get them paid, etc. Idk. It IS silly tho.

And even still, All of the Lights ‘only’ had 6 writers. But features: All of the Lights was produced by West and features additional vocals from several other recording artists, including Drake, John Legend, The-Dream, Alicia Keys, Fergie, Kid Cudi, Elton John, Ryan Leslie, Charlie Wilson, Tony Williams, La Roux, Alvin Fields, Ken Lewis, and most notably Rihanna.

:beli:

Ye, I’m gonna lean on ‘obnoxious’. It’s a way to make the song seem more grandiose than it really is

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
The actual answer is that now, more than ever, people are actually getting writing credits for their contributions to these songs.

There's countless stories of some older musician saying they came up with the catchiest part of a song while they were fukking around in the studio, or just in passing, and all they have to show for it is a story that some people may or may not actually believe. Now, even if it's a case of using some premade stems that are deliberately made to just be fillers or beds, or something you saw online that inspired you, it's a whole lot easier to just credit twenty-some writers that it is to try to just let some shyt ride like you used to.

And that's before even getting into properly crediting acts that were sampled.
Nah, that aint the answer.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I believe it was that blurred lines lawsuit that caused the shift. Now when you sample a song everyone involved gets writing credit from the singers to everyone involved in it.
Nope. It was happening before that.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
At some point, we will be forced to acknowledge the truth about Beyonce. It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow. It may not be a year from now. A decade from now. Maybe not until after she has passed on, but at some point…the truth will be acknowledged. The truth about what she is, but more importantly—what she is not. A creative she is no more than an individual who can naturally sprout blonde hair. 24 people to write one song, and another to read it to her because she cannot herself. How sad that we must be pressured into carrying on this charade?! The way in which my Jackson Five nostrils must endure the stench of this Creole curse and pretend that it is a pleasant experience when it is anything but. The long list of true talent that met it’s end in the gust of wind that blew past it caused by none other than the machine that guided Beyonce’s ascension to icon status. When he fukked me good, I took his ass to Red Lobster, but…was it worth it? I guess I’ll see in the end. I guess we all will.

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
At some point, we will be forced to acknowledge the truth about Beyonce. It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow. It may not be a year from now. A decade from now. Maybe not until after she has passed on, but at some point…the truth will be acknowledged. The truth about what she is, but more importantly—what she is not. A creative she is no more than an individual who can naturally sprout blonde hair. 24 people to write one song, and another to read it to her because she cannot herself. How sad that we must be pressured into carrying on this charade?! The way in which my Jackson Five nostrils must endure the stench of this Creole curse and pretend that it is a pleasant experience when it is anything but. The long list of true talent that met it’s end in the gust of wind that blew past it caused by none other than the machine that guided Beyonce’s ascension to icon status. When he fukked me good, I took his ass to Red Lobster, but…was it worth it? I guess I’ll see in the end. I guess we all will.

I’ll slap the dog shyt outta you