Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout. Anyone playing this?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Those aren't Ps plus games tho. They're free games that are free to play online as well. 95% of games require PS plus to play online. I ain't saying its right, just the way it is :yeshrug:
I’ve never had PS Plus the entire time I’ve owned this system, so this is news to me.

The game said shyt was free.... it’s not.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I’ve never had PS Plus the entire time I’ve owned this system, so this is news to me.

The game said shyt was free.... it’s not.
Free WITH PS Plus. There's a whole menu in the PS Store dedicated to these monthly games. It is nothing new. It is essentially Games with Gold. Every month Sony has a handful of free games for PS Plus Subscribers.

Those other games are F2Play everywhere. You notice Fall Guys is not free on Steam? That's because it's not a F2P game.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Free WITH PS Plus. There's a whole menu in the PS Store dedicated to these monthly games. It is nothing new. It is essentially Games with Gold. Every month Sony has a handful of free games for PS Plus Subscribers.

Those other games are F2Play everywhere. You notice Fall Guys is not free on Steam? That's because it's not a F2P game.
This is nothing like games with gold... those games are LITERALLY free... forever, not for a fukking month.

I wasn’t checking for this on steam. I bought the game thinking that I can play it without PS+ like the games I mentioned before

Because like I said, I never had PS+

But you can’t even load it without PS+... And not all online games are like that.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL

Not only that, with Xbox you got to have Gold to even play F2P games.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
This is nothing like games with gold... those games are LITERALLY free... forever, not for a fukking month.

I wasn’t checking for this on steam. I bought the game thinking that I can play it without PS+ like the games I mentioned before

Because like I said, I never had PS+

Once you download a PS Plus game you keep it forever. I still have PS Plus games in my library fully playable from years ago. As long as you check add to Library when it's free you can play it forever.

But yes any online game requires PS Plus to play unless it is actually a F2P game, like Fortnite say. The developer themselves decides if that can happen.

Can you play Fortnite and Warzone without Xbox Live on Xbox? I honestly don't know. But you can on Playstation. This game was never a F2P game, it was just a PS Plus game for a month. Once that month is over you can keep the game for free forever, but if it's not F2P the publisher may decide you need PS Plus to play online still.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Once you download a PS Plus game you keep it forever. I still have PS Plus games in my library fully playable from years ago. As long as you check add to Library when it's free you can play it forever.

But yes any online game requires PS Plus to play unless it is actually a F2P game, like Fortnite say. The developer themselves decides if that can happen.

Can you play Fortnite and Warzone without Xbox Live on Xbox? I honestly don't know. But you can on Playstation. This game was never a F2P game, it was just a PS Plus game for a month. Once that month is over you can keep the game for free forever, but if it's not F2P the publisher may decide you need PS Plus to play online still.
Xbox live is the online service, you don’t play any online multiplayer games on xbox without it and it’s always been that way.

They don’t sell games like its free for now then you have to pay full price for it later AND purchase PS+.

like i said, this is news to me. I actually had to look this shyt up and other people online are saying similar things.

i just wish they didn’t advertise it as free on PS4 if it isnt.. and that PS+ is required

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Xbox live is the online service, you don’t play any online multiplayer games on xbox without it and it’s always been that way.

They don’t sell it like its free for now then you have to pay full price for it later AND purchase PS+.
PS plus is an online service too :mjlol: The free games are extra shyt. Just because sometimes they are multiplayer games doesn't mean it's misleading.

As if there's never been a multiplayer game on Games with Gold.

For instance right now on Xbox Games with Gold there is a free online game Portal Knights. As long as you have Xbox Live Gold you can play it online free in the month of August.

Are you telling me if you cancel Xbox Live Gold next month MS let's you continue to play this game online without having Xbox Live Gold?

If not it's literally the exact same thing as Sony. Except Sony doesn't require PS Plus for actual F2P games and apparently Xbox does (which I didn't know until now)

If anything Sony looks better here I don't understand your point.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
PS plus is an online service too :mjlol: The free games are extra shyt. Just because sometimes they are multiplayer games doesn't mean it's misleading.

As if there's never been a multiplayer game on Games with Gold.

For instance right now on Xbox Games with Gold there is a free online game Portal Knights. As long as you have Xbox Live Gold you can play it online free in the month of August.

Are you telling me if you cancel Xbox Live Gold next month MS let's you continue to play this game online without having Xbox Live Gold?

If not it's literally the exact same thing as Sony. Except Sony doesn't require PS Plus for actual F2P games and apparently Xbox does (which I didn't know until now)

If anything Sony looks better here I don't understand your point.
My point was this shyt was misleading... not even just to me.

I don’t know if you can play fortnite or anything else without Live because I’ve never NOT had Live.

I pay my $60 a year and never even think about it.

Whatever game you mentioned being free for August I never even heard of or heard of Live doing anything like that. Games with Gold are given free for that month and if you didn’t download it then you have to pay later if you want but thats it. And with gamepass if its on there then it’s all free until you stop paying for gamepass..

Thats not what this is to me. I was told it’s free on PS4, 20 or whatever on PC.

I wanted to try it out but I didn’t know and never saw where it was required to have PS+ to play. This is the first time I’ve ever even heard of anything like that. So I just purchased it for no reason and then I read the game isn’t even free so you will have to purchase it anyway even with PS+...

Thats new shyt to me. And I’ve had a PS4 for years... i have games on it for years... I will have to check what online games I have but I know I’ve had some in the past.

But I’m not a Sony guy so this is news to me. Most of my online games are on the xbox.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
My point was this shyt was misleading... not even just to me.

I don’t know if you can play fortnite or anything else without Live because I’ve never NOT had Live.

I pay my $60 a year and never even think about it.

Whatever game you mentioned being free for August I never even heard of or heard of Live doing anything like that. Games with Gold are given free for that month and if you didn’t download it then you have to pay later if you want but thats it. And with gamepass if its on there then it’s all free until you stop paying for gamepass..

Thats not what this is to me. I was told it’s free on PS4, 20 or whatever on PC.

I wanted to try it out but I didn’t know and never saw where it was required to have PS+ to play. This is the first time I’ve ever even heard of anything like that. So I just purchased it for no reason and then I read the game isn’t even free so you will have to purchase it anyway even with PS+...

Thats new shyt to me. And I’ve had a PS4 for years... i have games on it for years... I will have to check what online games I have but I know I’ve had some in the past.

But I’m not a Sony guy so this is news to me. Most of my online games are on the xbox.
Exact same shyt with PS+ fam.

Same as you, I pay my $60 and keep it moving.

This month it’s Fall Guys and MW2 remastered. Last month it was Tomb Raider 2 and something I’m forgetting at the moment.

If you’ve never had PS+ the only online games you were playing were F2P.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Exact same shyt with PS+ fam.

Same as you, I pay my $60 and keep it moving.

This month it’s Fall Guys and MW2 remastered. Last month it was Tomb Raider 2 and something I’m forgetting at the moment.

If you’ve never had PS+ the only online games you were playing were F2P.

Yea it’s similar but what I’m saying is games like Fall Guys are not free.

From what I read, regardless if you got it free to play for August, you still have to pay for it once August is over... am I wrong?

In that case, It’s not like Games for Gold at all... I could be mistaken but thats what I read.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

From what I read, regardless if you got it free to play for August, you still have to pay for it once August is over... am I wrong?

In that case, It’s not like Games for Gold at all... I could be mistaken but thats what I read.
When you download a PS Plus game you keep it forever. You do not have to buy it after August ends.

If it is an online game, then you still need PS Plus to play it online, at least after the free month is over.

If Xbox offers a free online game on Games with Gold, once that month is over you can keep it, but if you want to play online still you need Xbox Live right?

So it's exactly like PS Plus. Does Xbox ever let you play a game online without Xbox Live Gold? Under any circumstance?

I'm confused how you are criticizing PS Plus for working exactly like Xbox Live Gold.

Both are onlines services, both offer free monthly games, both let you keep the games after the month ends, both require you to pay to play online video games(except sony with f2p games).

What are we talking about here?

• Dap
Reactions: tgu

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL

Pay for it as in buy the game again? No.

Be subscribed to PS+ in order to keep playing it? Yes, but it’s an online multiplayer game that’s not F2P.

I don’t know all the details to Games for Gold, but with PS+, any game that’s given away for free, as long as you are subscribed to PS+ that game is yours to play forever.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Pay for it as in buy the game again? No.

Be subscribed to PS+ in order to keep playing it? Yes, but it’s an online multiplayer game that’s not F2P.

I don’t know all the details to Games for Gold, but with PS+, any game that’s given away for free, as long as you are subscribed to PS+ that games is yours to play forever.
Oh is that what he means, you can't keep it if your subscription ends? @O.T.I.S.

Does Xbox let you play even if you cancel Xbox live? I think I get it.

That's pretty cool if so, however this was always sold to me as free games with ps plus. I look at it as part of the service they did to add value (after being criticized for charging for online gaming)

Yes you do need a current PS Plus subscription to access the free PS Plus games you've downloaded. If you cancel for a few months and come back your free games will still be there though. I think for 6 months or something like that.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
When you download a PS Plus game you keep it forever. You do not have to buy it after August ends.

If it is an online game, then you still need PS Plus to play it online, at least after the free month is over.

If Xbox offers a free online game on Games with Gold, once that month is over you can keep it, but if you want to play online still you need Xbox Live right?

So it's exactly like PS Plus. Does Xbox ever let you play a game online without Xbox Live Gold? Under any circumstance?

I'm confused how you are criticizing PS Plus for working exactly like Xbox Live Gold.

Both are onlines services, both offer free monthly games, both let you keep the games after the month ends, both require you to pay to play online video games(except sony with f2p games).

What are we talking about here?
You need Xbox Live regardless, but it’s always been like that.

I don’t know if you need Xbox Live to play free to play games because I’ve never not had Xbox Live... I’ve had it for at least a decade and I know why they charge for it... I don’t mind that

I don’t mind PS Plus either, I just never had it and it was never required for as long as I remembered. Maybe I didn’t play many online games ( Ivehad shyt like Madden, DC Universe, etc., and never remembered purchasing PSplus to play them).

And if you don’t have to purchase Fall Guys after August just to play with PS Plus then cool,.. thats pretty what much my issue Was with it and the fact that I didn’t know you had to purchase PS + to play certain games online... thats it.