Fall 20,000 feet and die, brehs

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
This sounds like something people say to manufacture a silver lining :francis:

Edit: just googled it, a free fall from 20,000 feet is only 35 seconds.

Free Fall Calculator

A sky dive would be a bit longer as you spread out to create some resistance, but from the altitudes where you’re supposed to release the parachute, there’s only seconds before you’d hit the ground. Heart attacks typically take several minutes to kill. Hard to believe he’d have enough time to panic and actually be killed by the heart attack before hitting the ground. :francis:
Yeah and being a pro he probably kept his calm more than most, trying to pull off a miracle :mjcry:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
While this shyt happens time to time, I wonder if this guy got complacent. If I did this for a living, I would ensure everything is working before each jump. If something isn't right, don't take any chance. Have a thorough checklist of what needs to function; anything, a small cut even, and the jump is cancelled.

Some people though get so caught up being excited about filming a GoPro, that they overlook a vital element or just say, "I'll check it next time." and then they die.

And the fukked up part, tomorrow is a another day, and your dead. All that clout chasing and living in the moment don't mean shyt if your dead, because someone else will fill your spot.

Daps
Apparently, the odds of chute failure is 1:1000. Dude had 6k jumps. Rolled the dice one too many times. RIP.

Source?

That’s a really high percentage. Surprised sky diving would still be legal with a failure rate that high. Unless, combined with the backup chute, it’s 0.1%x0.1%=0.001% of complete chute failure :patrice:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
When it only takes one to render all the others irrelevant.. it might as well have been his 3rd jump.

It's not like you get a free green mushroom after ever successful 1k jump.. 6k or 2.. if it doesn't work you die :yeshrug:
It's true that the odds are the same every jump, but those who get used to doing a thing sometimes get overconfident.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery