IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
yall should check this out

PlSmGsg.jpg

Daps
Reppin
me
oh look, another try to discredit nyc for what they have done for the game thread...

first off.. dolemite came out in 75

..second off rapper's delight came out in 79 (which most of the hip hop community deems the first hip hop song)

a jamaican artiste by the name of U-Roy had been 'toasting' (talking over rhythym beats using a rhyme scheme) in the late 60's, and got really big with 'wake the town' in 1970

but in all honesty.. fukk who started what. poetry been around since before the 5th century. let's just appreciate the shyt for what it is and stop trying to divide it all the time

Daps
Reppin
me
lets be real... them bronx street n1ggas wasnt listening to no damn jamaican music and gettin influenced.... Kool Herc brought the way jamaican dj's rocked a party to the bronx... and thats where it stops... all them rappers was influenced by pimps

Grandmaster Caz calling himself Casanova Fly... thats pimping

in the Sugar Hill Gang song Rappers Delight when they spit

"i'm imp the dimp the ladies pimp, the women fight for my delight"

Thats Pimpin!

:dahell:

nikka fukk is u talkin bout without kool herc hip hop would be def poetry jam..

aint nobody tryna hear that float like a butterfly sting like a bee shyt in no party :camby:

Daps
Reppin
me
bugs please take your medication... :shaq2:

"thier would be no HIP HOP without JAMAICAN MUSIC CULTURE!"

Jamaican Deejays would Toast (rap) on the mic while the selector (turntabilist) would spin a dub riddem (instrumental track) matter of fact Kool Herc had a crew of mic men (m.c's) whom were referred to themselves as TOASTERS......which was basically the root of the chants and poetic slogans i.e (say hoe....everybody scream!) that would lead to modern day rapping in the MC style...

Rub-a-Dub_Style-front-cover.jpg

and keep in mind...all this was taking place in Jamaica , 20 years prior to what Rudy Ray Moore was doing in those blackexploitation flicks and stageshows.....men like Count Matchuki , Lord Comic, Dennis Alcapone, U Roy, Jah Stitch aka Uglyman were toasting or as the yankees say RAPPING along to vinyl being spun..that my friend is the DIRECT LINK and BIRTH OF HIP HOP.

/thread

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a jamaican artiste by the name of U-Roy had been 'toasting' (talking over rhythym beats using a rhyme scheme) in the late 60's, and got really big with 'wake the town' in 1970
Not this again!

You just totally forgot about James Brown who was big before U-Roy, and doing a type of rap that U-ROY was imitating.

It's crazy how people just ignore parts of history just to have a false belief that feels good to them.

@IllmaticDelta get him!

Matter of fact, forget it. You already did this a million times, and people still believe what they want. This world is a trip:ohhh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
me
Not this again!

You just totally forgot about James Brown who was big before U-Roy, and doing a type of rap that U-ROY was imitating.

It's crazy how people just ignore parts of history just to have a false belief that feels good to them.

@IllmaticDelta get him!

Matter of fact, forget it. You already did this a million times, and people still believe what they want. This world is a trip:ohhh:
james brown aint start rapping til the early/mid 70's though

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
bugs please take your medication... :shaq2:

"thier would be no HIP HOP without JAMAICAN MUSIC CULTURE!"

Jamaican Deejays would Toast (rap) on the mic while the selector (turntabilist) would spin a dub riddem (instrumental track) matter of fact Kool Herc had a crew of mic men (m.c's) whom were referred to themselves as TOASTERS......which was basically the root of the chants and poetic slogans i.e (say hoe....everybody scream!) that would lead to modern day rapping in the MC style...

Rub-a-Dub_Style-front-cover.jpg

and keep in mind...all this was taking place in Jamaica , 20 years prior to what Rudy Ray Moore was doing in those blackexploitation flicks and stageshows.....men like Count Matchuki , Lord Comic, Dennis Alcapone, U Roy, Jah Stitch aka Uglyman were toasting or as the yankees say RAPPING along to vinyl being spun..that my friend is the DIRECT LINK and BIRTH OF HIP HOP.

Jack the rapper was on the radio rapping to freed slaves from the great migration in Chicago before that.

And the once a day ferry blacks rapped news and stories to each other from Havana and New Orleans.either way it go. Rap started in the Bronx to white people. That is when they started making money off it

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Not this again!

@IllmaticDelta get him!

the info is right in front of them and they continue to post nonsense that's been debunked:mjlol::francis:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
james brown aint start rapping til the early/mid 70's though
So I take it you never heard "say it loud" which came out in 1968?

I take it you also forgot about pigmeat Markham's "here come the judge" which was released in 1968? He was actually rapping like rappers did in the '80's.

People, how can we call hip hop black music, yet we don't even know some of its history? It's getting worse as the years go by!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

I take it you also forgot about pigmeat Markham's "here come the judge" which was released in 1968? He was actually rapping like rappers did in the '80's.

I gave examples of the syncopated ryhming (rap) going back to the 1920's on this page

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/fact...-bronx-they-was-pimps-down-south.62884/page-9

...and cat's still wanna continue that false narrative of Kool Herc inventing rapping when he himself has always denied it.

People, how can we call hip hop black music, yet we don't even know some of its history? It's getting worse as the years go by!

That's the thing...they have an incomplete understanding of the history.

New interview with Caz confirming everything I said....

1. There were no rappers in the modern sense in the Kool Herc scene inn the early days HipHop

2. Coke La Rock was the one talking on the mic not Herc and neither of them rapped in the modern sense. He did shout outs/freelance talking

3. Dj Hollywood was the only one rapping in the modern sense back then

@ 3:19

@ 4:43

"Dj Hollywood was thee blueprint for the syncopated style"

:sas2:

Daps
Reppin
me

but uoeno who count matchuki is

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Cooper was born c.1939 in Kingston, Jamaica,[1] and began working on sound systems in the 1950s, when the music played was largely American R&B. His stage name of Count Matchuki derived from his habit of chewing matchsticks.[2] He initially worked on Tom Wong's Tom the Great Sebastian system and later the Tokyo the Monarch system, before moving on to Clement "Coxsone" Dodd's Downbeat Sound System.[3][4] He added talkovers to the songs, emulating the jive talk of American radio DJ's at the request of Dodd, who became familiar with the US style on his visits to the States to buy records to play on his sound system.[2] He thus originated a deejay style that was later developed by artists such as U-Roy, and which eventually led to rap.[5] Matchuki started by adding spoken introductions to the records that were played, taking inspiration from the American magazine Jive.[4]