Fable (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (2025)

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I wanted to talk about this in the roadmap thread, but I'll do it here instead.

I'm feeling optimistic for Holiday 2024. 1) Matt Booty wants to show it now. 2) Rumor has it, it was internally slated for 2023. 3) It's been in development going back to 2018.

Holiday 2024. Also the 20-year anniversary of the first game.

:banderas:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
As long as it's more of 1 & 2 and less like 3, I'm in. :ehh:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I'm feeling optimistic for Holiday 2024. 1) Matt Booty wants to show it now. 2) Rumor has it, it was internally slated for 2023. 3) It's been in development going back to 2018.
And now Phil Spencer has seen it himself and says it looks great.

We get news that Eidos is co-developing.

They've hired a senior writer from the Horizon games.

This is, in my estimation, the most important game Xbox has coming. We've got plenty of Western RPGs and Shooters but Fable is one of one, as far as I know.

We're gonna get something special. I can't wait.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'm not sure if it'll compel me to buy the new system, but this game's success or failure will have significant impact for the Xbox. Having a solid exclusive launch title is vital for getting off to a strong start at the beginning of a consoles life cycle. With Fable in the lineup, I think the new Xbox in a few years will have a much stronger start than the Series X.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I'm not sure if it'll compel me to buy the new system, but this game's success or failure will have significant impact for the Xbox. Having a solid exclusive launch title is vital for getting off to a strong start at the beginning of a consoles life cycle. With Fable in the lineup, I think the new Xbox in a few years will have a much stronger start than the Series X.

:comeon: negged.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

It feels like a mid-late '23 release

So now he's been working on it for 5yrs, the game will have 6yrs development time if not longer.
And its playground games, a company that releases a new game every 2 years that has the entire industry like :wow: (Forza Horizon stop lying to yourself)
This game is likely going to be epic, just because of the genre, and the new power we have with this gen of consoles.. its really a can't miss

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
So now he's been working on it for 5yrs, the game will have 6yrs development time if not longer.
And its playground games, a company that releases a new game every 2 years that has the entire industry like :wow: (Forza Horizon stop lying to yourself)
This game is likely going to be epic, just because of the genre, and the new power we have with this gen of consoles.. its really a can't miss

I hope so. :usure:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I hope so. :usure:
Its safe to say that Microsoft isn't bullshytting this gen, and they literally told us years ago their exact roadmap.
With all the companies under their belt who can easily handle making a new fable game, for them to use playground games (because they pitched for it) means they have something. If it wasn't good they wouldn't go ahead with it like other games in the history of time :yeshrug:
And a game like Fable I feel is easier to get right than other types of games. We looking for a Zelda type game but with a more adult element which includes comedy and p*ssy poppin on handstands