F#CK GAMESTOP!!!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Those were the days

I only buy Fifa, madden and if I feel like it the odd NBA, I wait a month and a half and buy them used off a sucker for like 35

.I only keep those games for like a few months and then when they collect dust I sell them for like 25

Only incurring a loss of ten bucks

How it used to work was your friend got a new game for his birthday for example, so he lends you the thing he was playing til now while he plays the new game. Maybe as a side effect you let your lil sister use the handheld system while you are playin his old game.

1 new game = everyone eats.
Thats the old model.

Now though, how it works is he gets a new game for his birthday, so sells his old game back to Gamestop for 5 bucks, uses that to pre-order next months game... then you are stuck on your handheld and your sister doesn't even get scraps.

1 game = 1 person.

If you want to play with your friend you can't. You need your own copy of the game cause its online co-op not local split screen.
Its all a scam breh. The only company that even wants two or more ppl playing the same game in the same room is Nintendo, so the other companies propaganda teams have you all brainwashed to think Nintendo is 'stupid' or 'childish'. They are the only company looking out for the consumer at all. Trust me. I worked at EB Games, Activision, Electronic Arts, Pandemic Studios... and the only company looking out for the ppl is the company that everyone is now brainwashed to hate on. Nintendo. Everyone else wants you all in seperate houses in seperate rooms, no where near your friends so they can sell each of you individual copies.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When I had a rep (and their manager after I asked) dead ass look me in the eye and try to tell me that the package they just gutted open moments ago and tried to sell me as "New" ...I never shopped there again

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
When I had a rep (and their manager after I asked) dead ass look me in the eye and try to tell me that the package they just gutted open moments ago and tried to sell me as "New" ...I never shopped there again

they shipped me a gutted game...had me like :gucci: when I got that shyt

I assumed they had some warehouse...but looks like they just take shyt off the shelf...literally.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
they shipped me a gutted game...had me like :gucci: when I got that shyt

I assumed they had some warehouse...but looks like they just take shyt off the shelf...literally.

Both.

When I worked for EB all online purchases were shipped from a warehouse. Normally the warehouse has its own items that are untouched until sold.
If you order a common heavy circulation item like whatever the newest shooter is, it will be factory sealed cause it was sitting on a shelf in the warehouse.

But the obscure games and items get pulled from stores to go to the warehouse when the warehouse stock is low, so thats why it was gutted.

Also, we have a shrink wrapper in the back. We can take a new (or used game) and re-shrink wrap it to appear factory if we want... or if a customer asks. But they would never know to ask cause we don 't advertise that. I only ever seen it used to trick ppl, or for personal use, or joke reasons (shrink wrapping ppl's keys) or to swindel consumers (removing original x-box 1-month free x-box live scratch cards, resealing the game and shrinkwrapping it... etc).

Don't know how ppl buy new games that are clearly opened. The staff plays those games, watches those dvds, sets them on counters, drops them, etc.
Putting them in cd sleeves... flipping through them, then reselling them as new right in front of you. crazy.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
......they're the same
No they are not. :what:

VUDU is on every device known to man except Apple TV(which is coming this fall IIRC)

Flixster is fragmented and has it's own video app separate from the review/RT score app. I've only ever seen that app on my phone.

I've never browsed on my TV or console and seen a flixster app to watch my movies on.

You are either confusing flixster and vudu with ultraviolet library/digital locker or maybe you live overseas

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
They both access the same shyt
They both access your ULTRAVIOLET library but they are not the same. Vudu has way better device support. Even bluray players have Vudu on them.

Even FandangoNow has way better support than freaking Flixster.

Either way this is almost moot as "movies anywhere" is coming soon and all your movies will show on vudu/amazon/iTunes/google etc regardless of where you purchased /redeemed them

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
You do know how hard it is to break a Blu-Ray Disc?!?! :heh::mjlol: How often you lose a disc? You don't have a game shelf or a game cd case?!:dahell:

Only problem with digital is sometimes, just sometimes the downloads are corrupted in some form or fashion or the game has a bug so bad it wont even play...:ld: with a disc I mean at least I could return it to the store...:mjlol: or sell it. I live in NY there are outages of internet at times, sometimes it lasts like a entire day so it does happen...:ld:

You have to be a child to be losing discs AT ALL :mjlol:

As an adult it is very ease to keep track of my physical collection.

Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam, Nederland
Actually i'm walking around with an iphone and unlimited data, I GUARANTEE half you little bytches in here got a data cap

And since I don't speak in nothing but facts:

image.png

How the fukk do you use 1.4 TB I cant even get pas 5GB even if I try :what:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'mma borrow this thread. I took my white PS4 into Gamestop to dump it since I got the white Pro now. I still had a 1TB hard drive in it even though the system came with a 500GB one. They offered nothing extra for that but then these cats told me since I didn't have a USB cable they were docking me on that and then they plugged my controller up to some test bench and claimed the vibrating motor in it was dead and wanted to dock me for that. Told me they'd give me $90 for it. I turned around and walked out. I was supposed to get $150 cash.

I'm just gonna grab another controller out of my bin of them and a micro USB cable too and right now I'm putting a 500GB hard drive in the PS4 and pulling that 1TB. They seriously tried to play me.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Got a $5 off coupon...I saw DA:I Game of Year Edition for $10 and though I came up...

Went home...

Came back and they didn't tell me when I bought it that it was only the regular edition in a GOTY box :dry:

I'm done.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Got a $5 off coupon...I saw DA:I Game of Year Edition for $10 and though I came up...

Went home...

Came back and they didn't tell me when I bought it that it was only the regular edition in a GOTY box :dry:

I'm done.
I nearly made the same mistake with the first Destiny Collection while at a different store than GS, the guy who got me the game gave me a heads up that they couldn't guarantee that the DLC had not been used already. So i went and got something else.

Besides the normal low trade in value, only time i got screwed by GS was when they gave me a copy of Gears of War that was broken. But I just took it back and they replaced it

Last edited: