F#CK GAMESTOP!!!

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I got a cousin who runs a GameStop, I be telling him about some of the shyt people that proclaim goes on and he starts dying :russ:

They for sure aren't the best company and that Kotaku article had some real shyt but alot is ducktales according to him.

The GS I go to is straight no different then when I cop from Best Buy or Walmart. I just rock with whoever has the best deal at the time :yeshrug:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Why not give those games to people who need it, little kids that have nothing to play??? :dahell:

You will get fired.

In fact, as a manager there one of my jobs was sending huge boxes of stuff we destroy back to corporate so that they could verify its destroyed and no one is able to ever enjoy it anymore.

You can't charge $75 for NBA 2k18 if NBA2k12 has a market value of 50 cents and is readily available.

Video games are only expensive because ppl keep selling them back each year, re-enforcing market scarcity.
But poor ppl and kids don't understand economic market structure, so will never realize they are screwing themselves.

If no one sold games back to places like Gamestop, new game prices would fall 20 dollars, at least.

What has happened is ppl have allowed Gamestop to artificially inflate the price of used games by monopolizing them all, which in turn allows the price of new games to soar. Its false scarcity.

If ppl still traded old games with one another then the price of new games would plunmet to remain compettitve and intice those who might otherwise simply continue playing last years game.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You will get fired.

In fact, as a manager there one of my jobs was sending huge boxes of stuff we destroy back to corporate so that they could verify its destroyed and no one is able to ever enjoy it anymore.

You can't charge $75 for NBA 2k18 if NBA2k12 has a market value of 50 cents and is readily available.

Video games are only expensive because ppl keep selling them back each year, re-enforcing market scarcity.
But poor ppl and kids don't understand economic market structure, so will never realize they are screwing themselves.

If no one sold games back to places like Gamestop, new game prices would fall 20 dollars, at least.

What has happened is ppl have allowed Gamestop to artificially inflate the price of used games by monopolizing them all, which in turn allows the price of new games to soar. Its false scarcity.

If ppl still traded old games with one another then the price of new games would plunmet to remain compettitve and intice those who might otherwise simply continue playing last years game.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf

How it used to work was your friend got a new game for his birthday for example, so he lends you the thing he was playing til now while he plays the new game. Maybe as a side effect you let your lil sister use the handheld system while you are playin his old game.

1 new game = everyone eats.
Thats the old model.

Now though, how it works is he gets a new game for his birthday, so sells his old game back to Gamestop for 5 bucks, uses that to pre-order next months game... then you are stuck on your handheld and your sister doesn't even get scraps.

1 game = 1 person.

If you want to play with your friend you can't. You need your own copy of the game cause its online co-op not local split screen.
Its all a scam breh. The only company that even wants two or more ppl playing the same game in the same room is Nintendo, so the other companies propaganda teams have you all brainwashed to think Nintendo is 'stupid' or 'childish'. They are the only company looking out for the consumer at all. Trust me. I worked at EB Games, Activision, Electronic Arts, Pandemic Studios... and the only company looking out for the ppl is the company that everyone is now brainwashed to hate on. Nintendo. Everyone else wants you all in seperate houses in seperate rooms, no where near your friends so they can sell each of you individual copies.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
How it used to work was your friend got a new game for his birthday for example, so he lends you the thing he was playing til now while he plays the new game. Maybe as a side effect you let your lil sister use the handheld system while you are playin his old game.

Thats the old model.

Now though, how it works is he gets a new game for his birthday, so sells his old game back to Gamestop for 5 bucks, uses that to pre-order next months game... then you are stuck on your handheld and your sister doesn't even get scraps.

1 game = 1 person.

If you want to play with your friend you can't. You need your own copy of the game cause its online co-op not local split screen.
Its all a scam breh. The only company that even wants two or more ppl playing the same game in the same room is Nintendo, so the other companies propaganda teams have you all brainwashed to think Nintendo is 'stupid' or 'childish'. They are the only company looking out for the consumer at all. Trust me. I worked at EB Games, Activision, Electronic Arts, Pandemic Studios... and the only company looking out for the ppl is the company that everyone is now brainwashed to hate on. Nintendo. Everyone else wants you all in seperate houses in seperate rooms, no where near your friends so they can sell each of you individual copies.
You're spot on about used games driving up the price the price of new, PC prices are a great example of that. But even though Nintendo is a great family company, their ignorance of online multiplayer in 2017 can't be ignored. Their games and accessories are also pretty high priced not to mention having to purchase the same virtual console games across each of their systems.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You do know how hard it is to break a Blu-Ray Disc?!?! :heh::mjlol: How often you lose a disc? You don't have a game shelf or a game cd case?!:dahell:

Only problem with digital is sometimes, just sometimes the downloads are corrupted in some form or fashion or the game has a bug so bad it wont even play...:ld: with a disc I mean at least I could return it to the store...:mjlol: or sell it. I live in NY there are outages of internet at times, sometimes it lasts like a entire day so it does happen...:ld:
I don't get your point, none of these systems use disc anymore to play games. You either download the game or you upload the game via a disc. Same shyt, only difference is you claim you resell alot. Do you? We've all done it, but in my case? I usually don't buy games I'm trying to get rid of. The convenience of not having to deal with a disc >>> physical medium. On Xbox, these games go with yoo which is a bonus. Because of that, there isn't as much of a time limit when it comes to gaming. I'm enjoying games from this gen and last. What a time to be a'greenerside :blessed:

Thats the old model.

1 game = 1 person.

Xbox wanted to have it where you could share with a bunch of friends but the same propaganda machine claimed they was really trying to spy on you in your underwear.

I hate 89% of you all :francis:

Last edited:

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
You're spot on about used games driving up the price the price of new, PC prices are a great example of that. But even though Nintendo is a great family company, their ignorance of online multiplayer in 2017 can't be ignored. Their games and accessories are also pretty high priced not to mention having to purchase the same virtual console games across each of their systems.

It isn't an ignorance of online capability, its a 1 to 3 lack of market saturation. Whenever there are 3 ppl in a room and 2 ppl step left and 1 steps right, it appears that the person that stepped right doesn't know what they are doing. But perception is often far from reality. At this point in time Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft are all in a room together... as it were... so anything Sony & Microsoft do appears correct merely because they are both doing it.

Nintendo had the 1st online system. They were online way back with the SNES. I used to play Mario Kart online off dial up with the Xband.
The SNES had satelite updates to games. What today you would call patching... look up "Broadcast Satelite Zelda".

...but I don't want to turn this into look how great Nintendo is thing. I'm just saying they understand what they are doing and opt to help their consumer rather than screw them over as their competetors would.

Sony is the entire reason that 'loading' is even a thing.
Games were not meant to run off of disc, Nintendo understood that. The disc drive was meant to be a suplemental feature. An attatchment, basically.

Nintendo was also offering free online service forever basically.
But if both Sony & Microsoft are charging for online, at a certain point it becomes ridiculous that their online is free so they start charging.

If most people don't care that McDonalds & Burger King employees don't wash their hands, then eventually the Wendy's & Jack n the Box & Carl's Jr employees are gonna be like "We are washing our hands for nothing." And thats how we all end up eating shyt.

They were online way back in 1994.

I used to have this lol...so I can personally 1st hand tell you, asside from costing way more and tying up your phone line it was basically Xbox Live.
Only problem really was no one else had it (Again a market saturation issue).
:flabbynsick:

These companies are just doing stuff Nintendo did 20 years earliar. Its not an understanding problem. If anything we probably just don't understand what Nintendo is doing. Nintendo was around before the 1st video game was ever made. Nintendo was around before television was invented.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You will get fired.

Are people really buying 6 year old sports games with super outdated rosters? :dead:

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Are people really buying 6 year old sports games with super outdated rosters? :dead:
Yes.
I worked at the store selling them.

The roster can be updated... and the game costs a quarter. A literal quarter.
Little kids would get more excited that they can buy a game for a coin than having a parent buy a 60 dollar game which to them is :manny: cause they aren't paying for it. College kids, poor people. Collectors, enthusiasts. Everyone bought them. They simply didn't make us any money so we werent interested in selling them, only aquiring them all to destroy them. They wre loss-leaders, there to drag you into the store. Thats why 'bargain bins' are set at the front of the store so we can then try and sell you something far more expensive.

More importantly though, you should know that your attitude is preprogramed. We spent alot of time and money conditioning you to have that snobbish attitude about old and/or cheap games so that you can shame your friends and you all go snatch whatever is the newest and shiniest. Its the same reason kids cry when they receive 100% functional and comfortable shoes that are not name brand. Lots of time and energy goes into making you think that way. 100's of millions of dollars. They had you counting 'bits' before you knew what a bit was. Most ppl still don't know what a bit is... but they know 16 is more than 8 and 32 is more than 16.
Then they had you counting polygons... we don't even use polygons anymore. Now you are hyped up on resolution, and requesting framerates faster than the human eye can see. Purchasing games based on grass pixels. Its laughable really. You guys screw yourselves and each other with these unsustainable quests for the most/newest/shiniest. The actual gaming employees are never affected cause everyone in that industry at the lower levels has modded consoles, everyone at the mid level plays on pc, and the toplevel decesion makers don't even play games. All the way at the top its vegans selling meat. No one is looking out for you cause you aren't looking out for yourselves so its hard to defend you. When a company does (like Nintendo, madcatz, etc... there are/were a few good companies) they get called stupod by the ppl they were looking out for, for not being busines savy. No one stops to consider that business savy in this sense would just be screwing the consumer like their competetors.

I posted before about working at Activision and making Fantastic-4 games and TMNT games 2-players so that the PS2 version wouldnt be laughable compared to X-Box & Gamecube consoles with 4 ports built in. When you support companies that screw you, eventually the market adjusts to screw you as a whole.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I like physical media only because it's so much easier to sell games when I'm done with them.