mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg

GOAT action game and GOAT Xbox title:blessed::to:
That game was ridiculously hard but a great game.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
To me it is almost flawless and for whatever reason still stands the test of time graphically. It still looks good, whereas a lot of n64/ps1 games look horrible now.

I remember I was at a friends house and saw his older brother playing the water temple, visually I had never seen anything that incredible or large in scope...I only had a sega genesis (and an NES) at the time. Imagine 2D sonic the hedgehog with its 2 minute long levels compared to a giant action/adventure 3d RPG game.

The 3 dungeons as a kid are great, all the adult dungeons are great. All are just perfectly designed with excellent fun boss fights at the end. A lot of the replay value is in the dungeons. The dynamic of the world being different in the past and future, seeing how the locations and people have changed. The sidequests are excellent, from important stuff like getting the horse, or finding the ghost of Dampe.... to other activities like horseback archery. Its kind of nuts... to really go through all of the excellence in this game would take a while...the music really fit all the locations perfectly, the size and scope of Hyrule Field, the cleverly placed secrets, the excellent puzzles....etc etc...Whats sad is that most Zelda games after this tried to follow a similar formula but they never could get the same feel, never could reach the same mastery ever again. And also even playing it now there really isnt much anybody could say that could be added or tweaked to make the game better. 20 years of gaming innovation and you cant touch that game.

:mjcry: I need to get my n64 and run through it again.

edit- the kids of today will never know about fishing for the Hylian Loach :wow:
OoT and MM are on 3DS and they play and look better

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
It was the first Zelda game in 3d. It was smooth, had little to no drops in framerate, great story, great music, controlled very well, was difficult enough to present a challenge, was a good length, literally filled with shyt to do and basically set the tropes and standards that the Zelda series followed for the next 20 years.

Its my 2nd fav of all time...behind Final Fantasy 6 which is literally flawless.
i think the flaw with those older FF games is they never tell you where the fukk to go...how do you feel about 7/8, 8 is my fav in the series.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i think the flaw with those older FF games is they never tell you where the fukk to go...how do you feel about 7/8, 8 is my fav in the series.

Good. There's too much hand holding in games now. One good thing about text is you can read it again. Lost on where to go?...someone in the game told you. Don't know where that is? Someone in the game told you.

There wasn't some Google maps compass pointing you in every which way. It made words more important and it made worlds feel larger and more organic.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Stat progression being tied to espers? Everyone pretty much losing what makes them unique and becoming a mage thanks to stat progression being tied to espers? 14 characters but only 4 actually being of note? Having to regather characters for the second half?

Even on a technical level, the evade stat is useless (glitched)

It's not a bad game but it's overblown

Stat progression has been tied to items or gear since forever it's an RPG trope. Materia, GF junctions, weapons, etc. All that shyt is the same idea mechanically.

And you mean to tell me Locke, Sabin, Shadow, Celes, Terra, Edgar, Relm, Strago and Setzer are all wack? :usure:

Gau, Mog, Gogo and the Yeti are optional and don't play a role in the story so idk what ur getting at.

And regathering the party because why? The story explains this and most of all it makes sense. If a party survived that there's no way they all be in the same place. Part of what made the second half so dope was finding the party and seeing how they coped with their failure.

The evade stat is useless, but to be fair. If you EVER depended on evade in a SNES RPG you were failing from the go. It's never been that viable of a stat especially in endgame.