Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Here's the difference.

Foles played in a gimmicky offense that took a lot of teams by surprise. He thrived off of misdirection and tempo.

Dak is doing the opposite. He's surgically picking teams apart in time consuming drives. He's actually getting better.
Comparing Dak to Foles...his advanced stats are better by a good bit as well. ESPN Total QBR (74 Foles)/ (87 Dak)

Will Dak remain THIS good? I don't know. However, he's succeeding in a very traditional way.
Qbr is complete garbage. You can go back and see the history of trash guys having great QBRs. Dak is not surgically doing anything.

Dak throws the ball less than anyone, this is not someone surgically taking ppl apart, this is a guy hitting wide open guys on short and intermediate routes with perfect protection and a D keyed in on the run game.

The gimmick argument is dumb here, Dak is supported by the run game the same way Foles was Chip's offense.

They both had the best O-Line in the league and elite weapons around them. Foles #s blow Daks out of the water.

Theyre both similar in that they are guys with suspect arms who throw ducks and flutter balls when asked to do anything besides hit wide open guys.

Foles season was waaaaay better and Foles is an average guy. Just like Dak

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Is Wilcox playing tonight's game? Church?

Would be nice to get a lot of the secondary back but def need Mo, Church and Big Hitta Wilcox for playoffs. Just get those angles right!

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Qbr is complete garbage. You can go back and see the history of trash guys having great QBRs. Dak is not surgically doing anything.

Dak throws the ball less than anyone, this is not someone surgically taking ppl apart, this is a guy hitting wide open guys on short and intermediate routes with perfect protection and a D keyed in on the run game.

The gimmick argument is dumb here, Dak is supported by the run game the same way Foles was Chip's offense.

They both had the best O-Line in the league and elite weapons around them. Foles #s blow Daks out of the water.

Theyre both similar in that they are guys with suspect arms who throw ducks and flutter balls when asked to do anything besides hit wide open guys.

cMbocYr9Fa-nick-foles.gif

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV

Dak throws less than anyone? :dahell: you pulling these stats from?

Dak right now, has 340 attempted passes, that 27 TD season he had in 2013 he attempted 317 passes all year. Cmon man. Dude is throwing the ball all over the field to whomever is out there....

The other thing is that, isn't that what ALL QBs would love to have? Why use our oline and skills players as a shot at him? Every QB would love to have that, he does and he's using them to the best of his ability...

We will see very soon if he's just a flash in the pan. I personally don't think so, kid has intangibles out this world. He was gonna do well WHEREVER he went to be honest...smart, good pocket awareness, moxie, can make plays, protects the ball. He's smart enough to NOT do too much. But I get it, he's on the rival team so you may not say it but you WANT him to fail...you NEED him to fail...I get that. Hell, I hated some on Foles. I don't know if I'll say he's average. Again, time will tell. He throws the ball a lot, but is helped by a strong run game and oline...if he had a powerful defense, we'd be unstoppable...we work with what we're given.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

nobody caresssssssssss what you think... lol

Rocky is Philadelphia's greatest winning moment...

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Dak throws less than anyone? :dahell: you pulling these stats from?

Dak right now, has 340 attempted passes, that 27 TD season he had in 2013 he attempted 317 passes all year. Cmon man. Dude is throwing the ball all over the field to whomever is out there....

The other thing is that, isn't that what ALL QBs would love to have? Why use our oline and skills players as a shot at him? Every QB would love to have that, he does and he's using them to the best of his ability...

We will see very soon if he's just a flash in the pan. I personally don't think so, kid has intangibles out this world. He was gonna do well WHEREVER he went to be honest...smart, good pocket awareness, moxie, can make plays, protects the ball. He's smart enough to NOT do too much. But I get it, he's on the rival team so you may not say it but you WANT him to fail...you NEED him to fail...I get that. Hell, I hated some on Foles. I don't know if I'll say he's average. Again, time will tell. He throws the ball a lot, but is helped by a strong run game and oline...if he had a powerful defense, we'd be unstoppable...we work with what we're given.
Dallas is 30th in pass attempts :francis:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Dallas is 30th in pass attempts :francis:

Yeah, still doesn't disprove my point...plus, all the teams that are at or near the top DON'T have any semblance of a run game. We have a strong one, and Dak STILL manage to throw the ball 340 times. He IS surgically taking people apart though. Plus he's a threat to run at any time, but PREFERS to sit and throw it.

I think I get where you were trying to go with that, maybe it came out wrong. Defenses just can't key on the run game anymore just because he's throwing the ball so well. That's what's making us so deadly right now. It could be anybody. But, in my humble opinion, that's the mark of a good/great offense. You can't key on any one thing because something else gonna bite you :manny: I thought that was the goal of every team in the league

I agree with some of your other points...guess the only thing I'm curious about is can Dak sustain it? Foles couldn't. From what I've seen so far, Dak looks like he just may be able to

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:mjlol: at stephen jones saying not playing romo was the hardest decision he has ever had to make for the cowboys when he was tossing out the bledsoe/brady comparison before Dak even played a regular season game :mjlol:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:mjlol: at stephen jones saying not playing romo was the hardest decision he has ever had to make for the cowboys when he was tossing out the bledsoe/brady comparison before Dak even played a regular season game :mjlol:
Nah in fairness dude said its not like that is likely to happen but anything can happen. That's different imo