Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dak Prescott has turned down endorsements to focus on winning
September 20, 2016
by Steve DelVecchio

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott looked like a star in the making during the preseason, and he has showed precisely the type of promise sports drink and apparel companies want to see. So why hasn’t he signed his first major endorsement deal?

In a recent feature from Drew Davison of The Star-Telegram, Prescott’s agent said the former Mississippi State star has turned down endorsement opportunities so he can focus on helping his team win.

“He’s been offered every type of endorsement – car deals and signing deals and everything — but this kid says, ‘Let’s wait until I get this over with, OK?’” Jeff Guerriero explained. “He’s not worried about going out and doing all this stuff right now. His No. 1 concern right now is that the Dallas Cowboys win.

“That’s his No. 1 thing, and it’s great for us because we don’t have to worry about him spending time off the field doing this stuff. That’s just the way he is. He’s business. He loves being a Dallas Cowboy. He’s always been a Cowboys fan, and it’s kind of like it’s just meant to be.”

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, which is why many players take every dime they can when its offered to them. As a fourth-round draft pick, Prescott is guaranteed less than $400,000. Some extra cash would certainly provide him more long-term security, but the best thing he can do for his future earning potential is perform well while Tony Romo is injured.

While Prescott hasn’t lit up the gridiron in quite the same fashion he did during the preseason, he has the Cowboys off to a 1-1 start. The loss was by one point to the division rival New York Giants. Based on the promise Prescott has shown, it’s no wonder we heard this report before Dallas’ Week 1 game. Talent can only take a player so far. Work ethic is where Prescott believes he can separate himself.

:wow:
:to:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Dak Prescott has turned down endorsements to focus on winning
September 20, 2016
by Steve DelVecchio

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott looked like a star in the making during the preseason, and he has showed precisely the type of promise sports drink and apparel companies want to see. So why hasn’t he signed his first major endorsement deal?

In a recent feature from Drew Davison of The Star-Telegram, Prescott’s agent said the former Mississippi State star has turned down endorsement opportunities so he can focus on helping his team win.

“He’s been offered every type of endorsement – car deals and signing deals and everything — but this kid says, ‘Let’s wait until I get this over with, OK?’” Jeff Guerriero explained. “He’s not worried about going out and doing all this stuff right now. His No. 1 concern right now is that the Dallas Cowboys win.

“That’s his No. 1 thing, and it’s great for us because we don’t have to worry about him spending time off the field doing this stuff. That’s just the way he is. He’s business. He loves being a Dallas Cowboy. He’s always been a Cowboys fan, and it’s kind of like it’s just meant to be.”

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, which is why many players take every dime they can when its offered to them. As a fourth-round draft pick, Prescott is guaranteed less than $400,000. Some extra cash would certainly provide him more long-term security, but the best thing he can do for his future earning potential is perform well while Tony Romo is injured.

While Prescott hasn’t lit up the gridiron in quite the same fashion he did during the preseason, he has the Cowboys off to a 1-1 start. The loss was by one point to the division rival New York Giants. Based on the promise Prescott has shown, it’s no wonder we heard this report before Dallas’ Week 1 game. Talent can only take a player so far. Work ethic is where Prescott believes he can separate himself.

:wow:
*cops jersey*

Dak to the Future indeed.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Damn we got a good one in Dak. Now I would've taken some of those endorsements if I was him just to supplement my income and the fact that these teams aren't loyal and injuries could occur. But him and his agent probably thinking about the future. I really hope he becomes successful and stay with the Boys. Love the fact that he always been a fan.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn we got a good one in Dak. Now I would've taken some of those endorsements if I was him just to supplement my income and the fact that these teams aren't loyal and injuries could occur. But him and his agent probably thinking about the future. I really hope he becomes successful and stay with the Boys. Love the fact that he always been a fan.
Dude. This is Big D. We pay our qbs. If he is the truth, jerry goin pay him and more. A star qb in Dallas is almost presidential status. We got a long and proud history

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Dude. This is Big D. We pay our qbs. If he is the truth, jerry goin pay him and more. A star qb in Dallas is almost presidential status. We got a long and proud history
True I feel u. But me personally wouldn't turn down decent reputable companies wanting to endorse me. But that's just me.