Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I really hope that Garrett isnt that much of a dumbass to play Dak against my team tonight. Yeah he needs the reps and all but you guys are literally running on fumes at the qb position.

We could trade you Weeden back for a 6th rnd pick though :mjlol:
nobody thinking about you guys boy, beat it

Anyone watching tonight :ld:
maybe a quarter but thats it

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
This whole talk about coverage and scheme and dearth of defensive talent is why I wanted Hargreaves so badly.

Our corners do suck. They aren't intelligent or skilled enough to play man and zone. They obviously aren't fluid enough to balance both, much less be average in just 1 of them.

If it wasn't Hargreaves, I wanted Buckner for pass rush purposes and to help the run game so we could scheme more to help those retards we employ on the back end.

Now that Romo is essentially done, Elliott was probably the right pick. He makes Dak's job a ton easier and keeps us afloat without a top tier QB heading the offense.

But seriously, we need help in the secondary. I really believe Byron Jones is a damn good player. He's not just happy to be here like Wilcox and McClain and damn near everybody on the dline. Dude wants to succeed, be great, improve, and be a quality player in the NFL. He has the tools and hes very intelligent. But he needs help. Sherman has Earl and Kam. Peterson had Mathieu. Berry has Peters. Charles Woodson had Sam Shields. Revis had McCourty. CJ Harris had Talib. You need at least 2 above average to elite players in your secondary if that's going to anchor your defense.

Otherwise, you get a serious pass rush. Colts had Freeney and Mathis. Giants had quality rushers 4-5 deep across the line for both titles. Pittsburgh had a monstrous LB corps. Ravens had Ngata, Kruger, and Suggs, along with Ray and solid DBs. We don't have anything in the front 7 other than Sean Lee. That will take time to build. The pieces we do have are more interested in getting high than getting better.

We gotta start drafting defense. I'm sick and tired of the front office constantly going offense. TWill in the 3rd, Elliott 4th overall, fukking Escobar in the 2nd, a goddamn 4th string RB in the 7th when we have 3 guys who could get 1200+ behind this line, along with Tyron, Frederick, and Martin as 1st rounders....

We can't just take scraps at DE in the 2nd (character issue guys BOTH times) and a couple corners in Mo and Byron and call it a day. Idiots have been trotting out Barry fukking Church and JJ Wilcox as starting NFL players on our defense for 2+ years now...

Really the only team to win a SB in recent history without very good-elite talent in DBs and/or LB/Dline is New Orleans in 2010. And that was an outlier. They were extremely opportunistic and forced turnovers at an rate that couldn't and hasn't been reproduced since. And their offense was a machine.
they'll never learn breh. why do you think chiefs are a popular super bowl pick when they got alex smith?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
After thinking about the Romo injury, it could be a blessing in disguise.

1-We get to see Dak play in actual games to see if he's legit or not. If he is, we can focus on building the defense in the next few drafts (still need a #2 WR).
2- If Dak isnt legit, we'll get a high draft pick and can target Watson.
3-If Dak shows promise but we still lose bc of the defense, we can target Myles Garrett :wow:

The only downside is
Garrett gets another excuse to keep his job
dmx-crying-o.gif

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Why is Mickey Spagnola saying that Anthony Brown is under fire:what:. He's looked solid from what I've seen so far, and imo they can cut both Dunbar & McFadden to make room.