Explain to me how the young bucks are better than the Usos

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Watching wrestling for the in ring stuff isn’t controversial. We all watch for in ring stuff in some capacity. Some people watch movies specifically for action scenes and love John Wick type shyt, and some people watch movies for the storytelling/performances and need more than dope action sequences. You like what you like.

But speaking down on other cats like you’re more enlightened or something because you a workrate junkie is just weird fam. That was the weirdest, geekiest flex I ever seen.. and that’s why people laughed at you lol

it's like Jay-Z said

"If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill...I ain't been rhyming like Common since"

that workrate stuff is cool but when wrestling was at its biggest it was always about stories and characters above all. Attitude Era Raw's hardly ever had "BANGERS" it was usually 5 min matches with interference or DQ finishes until the main event and nobody gave a fukk, the people ate it up

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
it's like Jay-Z said

"If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill...I ain't been rhyming like Common since"

that workrate stuff is cool but when wrestling was at its biggest it was always about stories and characters above all. Attitude Era Raw's hardly ever had "BANGERS" it was usually 5 min matches with interference or DQ finishes until the main event and nobody gave a fukk, the people ate it up

Maaaan, if I a nikka wanna listen to Joell Ortiz and Homeboy Sandman or some shyt because he not fukkin with Future and ‘nem, you won’t get any slick comments from me. Do ya thing my g!

But when you start coming at nikkas on some “I listen to real hip hop for bars, not that Drake shyt like you” bullshyt as if you’re on higher plane or something, I gotta give you the Chris Tucker face

71-AEBB9-D-D098-40-A6-8-E59-3-B41-A2644883.jpg

Last edited:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
This is essentially my "wrestlers" versus "wrasslers" concept.

Some guys are great wrestlers. They're crisp with executing moves and they can create a physical spectacle through what they do in the ring. They may even be able to tell a solid story throughout the course of a match.

However, when you're JUST a great wrestler, you aren't really good at being compelling outside of that.

In some cases, a wrestler is SO great at that physical aspect that you have to give them their flowers. The Young Bucks are that. Chris Benoit was that. That's fine.

Great "wrasslers" can get it done in the ring, but they can also talk you into tuning in every week or even into a seat at a live show. Through building their character, good or bad, they make you FEEL something.

MJF could break his leg right now and be on the shelf for months, but you can still roll him out there in a wheelchair every week in any city and he'd make you give a fukk about whatever they have going on.

Over the course of the last 5 years, The Usos have ascended from being great wrestlers to being great "wrasslers"; they've got us invested in the character. We feel like we know their story and how it affects what's going on around them.

In the context of AEW, most of what we've come to know and care about the Young Bucks (and I'm definitely a fan of the Young Bucks) has come through their association with Page & Omega. Omega's not quite there yet as a "wrassler", but he's a superb "wrestler". It's arguable that he's one of the best in the world...but I'd say that Hangman's surpassed everyone in the group as being The Elite's best "wrassler". His road to the title told us that, but every part of his feud with Moxley that culminated in the Death Match at Revolution completely sold it for me. He just knows how to turn it on when he needs to.

At this point, to be considered "better" than The Usos (JUST in my opinion), they've got to become better wrasslers and make their characters more compelling. I actually think Matt Jackson has the potential to bring it out of them; I've seen the flashes. Their issue (once again, my opinion) is that they've spent SO much of their careers being "anti" and "tongue-in-cheek/wink-wink" that I'm not sure they're comfortable enough BEING serious in front of the camera and getting viewers to believe it. Time will tell.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
This is essentially my "wrestlers" versus "wrasslers" concept.

Some guys are great wrestlers. They're crisp with executing moves and they can create a physical spectacle through what they do in the ring. They may even be able to tell a solid story throughout the course of a match.

However, when you're JUST a great wrestler, you aren't really good at being compelling outside of that.

In some cases, a wrestler is SO great at that physical aspect that you have to give them their flowers. The Young Bucks are that. Chris Benoit was that. That's fine.

Great "wrasslers" can get it done in the ring, but they can also talk you into tuning in every week or even into a seat at a live show. Through building their character, good or bad, they make you FEEL something.

MJF could break his leg right now and be on the shelf for months, but you can still roll him out there in a wheelchair every week in any city and he'd make you give a fukk about whatever they have going on.

Over the course of the last 5 years, The Usos have ascended from being great wrestlers to being great "wrasslers"; they've got us invested in the character. We feel like we know their story and how it affects what's going on around them.

In the context of AEW, most of what we've come to know and care about the Young Bucks (and I'm definitely a fan of the Young Bucks) has come through their association with Page & Omega. Omega's not quite there yet as a "wrassler", but he's a superb "wrestler". It's arguable that he's one of the best in the world...but I'd say that Hangman's surpassed everyone in the group as being The Elite's best "wrassler". His road to the title told us that, but every part of his feud with Moxley that culminated in the Death Match at Revolution completely sold it for me. He just knows how to turn it on when he needs to.

At this point, to be considered "better" than The Usos (JUST in my opinion), they've got to become better wrasslers and make their characters more compelling. I actually think Matt Jackson has the potential to bring it out of them; I've seen the flashes. Their issue (once again, my opinion) is that they've spent SO much of their careers being "anti" and "tongue-in-cheek/wink-wink" that I'm not sure they're comfortable enough BEING serious in front of the camera and getting viewers to believe it. Time will tell.
Big problem with The Elite is they're not good at promos. The Usos are elite at promos.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
What's crazy is, the elite could've done this exact storyline with Kenny in Roman's place, and hangman in solos...but they're not good enough, creative enough, or skilled as performers to do so.
100% facts, and even Kenny himself lowkey admitted it (in self deprecating humor type way).

On their Being The Elite show a while back, The Bucks were trying to explain to Takeshyta how The Elite had the best storyline in wrestling. And Take was like "issokay, Brudline much better" :dead:

Bucks: You're not gonna believe this Kenny! Takeshyta thinks there's a better storyline in wrestling than ours!
Kenny: The Bloodline? Eh it's ok, we're still 2nd or 3rd best :manny:
Bucks: :martin:
Kenny: Hey man, at least their shyt is believable. I don't believe what we're doing :hubie:

:laff: :laff: :laff:

Obviously they're poking fun at themselves, but it's still true. They could never do what The Bloodline are doing, because they don't have the believability to pull it off :yeshrug: