Executive order for HBCUs on the way?

FSP

Banned
Daps
Please keep this in perspective if something does come out.

You still have Jeff Sessions on the DOJ. You still have a conservative supreme court and federal courts that are overturning civil rights law. He removed money from Minority Business Development department .Removed white surpremacist terrorism from counter terrorist operations focus. Defunded the civil rights division of the DOJ. New head of the DOJ Civil rights divisions is a man who has defended racial gerrymandering in court several times.

Someone knocked me for "repeating the same things over and over again" and "fear mongering". I repeat myself because I know things like this will pop up to act as shiny distractions and people need to keep their eye on the ball.

Give individual props but don't let it define or overshadow more important and consequential things.

If Betsy Devos has any say, you'll probably won't have money to get aid to go to these private HBCUs in the future.

There is a whole forest here that must be watched.
Tell em :wow:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Can't blame Obama for the downfall of HBCU's. Black folks just stopped going.:manny:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Knowing Trump, I wouldnt be surprised if he called HBCU's "racist" and made an executive order to have all of them shut down.

I will reserve judgement on this issue, but in all honesty I actually would not be all that surprised if he Trump did do something for HBCU's; because Trump is a rich Northern White Republican and it was the wealthy Northern White Republican philanthropists and the Black Southern Churches that initially organized and funded many of the private HBCU's and those wealthy Northern Whites pushed Southern State legislators to create and fund public HBCU's.

The Historical Black College and University — A Rich Tradition

There was actually an article on this in the Atlantic a while back on a Trump support named Paris Dennard who is the person behind the upcoming meeting with Trump and the HBCU's.

The Unlikely Union Between a Trump Supporter and Historically Black Colleges

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Howard isn't the "Harvard" of HBCU's. There is no Harvard of HBCU's. Integration eliminated that concept.

Not to sh*t on HBCU's because there are some good ones, but there isn't an HBCU drawing solely the best and the brightest black scholars in the country. Too much comp from PWI's.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Can executive order allocate funding to HBCU since funding is done by the congress?

Omarosa went from being a reality TV star to someone advising the POTUS who is also a reality TV star. Someone wake me up when the show ends.
Yes it can actually

The president has discretionary spending

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
:umad:Yall lames keep hate'n on Trump

Lames had the nerve to call queen mother sista O a bedwench:scust:nikkas oughta be ashamed

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dudes taking about HBCUs when there's no doubt devos will challenge and cut affirmative action measures and funding for ALl black, underrepresented and disadvantaged to go to any school :mjlol: you dudes and undercover cac trump supporters are the worst