"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this dude can really hoop.

like p-wil NEVER showed this type of dog.
I hate that folks keep saying this. Matas is facing summer leaguers right now. Pat was 2nd Team All-Summer League looking like a man among boys back in 2021. And yes, he was killing them folks. We can hope Matas game translates but it wasn't that long ago that Pat sauced summer league himself.

He averaged 21/9.7/2.7 as the first option and they pulled him after 3 games cause they saw all they needed to. Revisionist history doesn't help anything.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this dude can really hoop.

like p-wil NEVER showed this type of dog.
:comeon:

You already forgot about "Summer League Pat"?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having lineup versatility for once. Interchangeable on the perimeter, being able to switch 1 through 4, and athleticism and speed/pace on the floor

:banderas:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's summer league won't go too crazy right now

But can't lie I'm seeing something right now with buzelis.
I'm trying not to get excited

But that kid balling

Im telling you, I saw it in his clips the moment after we drafted him. That skillset at that size is ridiculous. Showing the same things in SL now. His ability off the dribble at a legit 6'9" without shoes is special. He has a whole arsenal in the midrange he leans into: Ive seen pull up middys, Dirk/KD like fades, floaters, hes able to use his dribble to get space and then still has his height advanatage. His ability to get to the rim is great and he seems super aggressive with it.

He just needs to keep working on developing his 3 ball and build strength so he can become a strong finisher at the rim. Hes flashing good defensive instincts too. We lucked up big time here with him falling to #11. Im confused on why he dropped in this draft class, esp considering he was once considered a top pick.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate that folks keep saying this. Matas is facing summer leaguers right now. Pat was 2nd Team All-Summer League looking like a man among boys back in 2021. And yes, he was killing them folks. We can hope Matas game translates but it wasn't that long ago that Pat sauced summer league himself.

He averaged 21/9.7/2.7 as the first option and they pulled him after 3 games cause they saw all they needed to. Revisionist history doesn't help anything.

Even with Pat, his aggressiveness was questioned pre-draft.

Weaknesses: There are question marks about his want to as a scorer, and his ceiling as a scorer at the next level … Can he be a 15+ point scorer, does he have the desire to be a bucket getter? … Does not seem to have the instinct to be a high level scorer. So being a standout role player type could be his calling … Doesn’t have the most impressive body of work from a statistical standpoint … Only averaged 9.2 points per game as a freshman … Struggled for playing time in his freshman year, (22 mpg) despite relative effectiveness … Shot just 32% from three, on 16 makes throughout the year … Has a great reputation for being a nice kid, but at times has been called “too nice” and in need of more grit in order to maximize his abilities … Should look to utilize his physicality to his advantage more often … Needs to work on back to the basket skills … Improve his footwork and learn some post moves … Plays unselfish to a fault. Can learn to play with more sense of urgency and force the issue, considering his talent edge … Shows tons of untapped potential, but whether he will be able to tap that ability is the question mark. How badly does he “want it”? … He likely will be a player that really benefits from a good development situation at the next level, or may not make it with his first team if he lands in the wrong situation … Jump shot is a little slow and mechanical. Will need to work on speeding up his release some, specifically from deep … Appears to have better form when shooting pull ups than spot ups … Seems to shoot a jumpshot from mid-range and a set shot from deep. Perhaps learning to get more of a streamline form from deep would increase his shot release quickness and efficiency …

I don't think that was the case for Matas.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having lineup versatility for once. Interchangeable on the perimeter, being able to switch 1 through 4, and athleticism and speed/pace on the floor

:banderas:

matas has been aggressive at every level from high school to the g-league to summer league :francis:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

They were spot on with their assessment

I just didn't agree with the notion that we've never seen Pat be as aggressive. It's just the inconsistency that's been frustrating, because we've seen it.

:hubie:

I can see that Matas is much more confident in his game. Where Pat seemingly let his teammates and coaches tell him he can be special. Matas looks like a guy that's going to play his game with whoever is on the floor, where Pat obviously has struggled during the Mid-3 Era finding his spots

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's

And he STILL weak…. fukk what you talking about :mjlol:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The goalpost was set at "Never seen this kind of aggression." Summer League, where Matas is currently playing, is exactly where Pat was doing dudes dirty. He went about his business as the first option.
They were spot on with their assessment

I just didn't agree with the notion that we've never seen Pat be as aggressive. It's just the inconsistency that's been frustrating, because we've seen it.

:hubie:

I can see that Matas is much more confident in his game. Where Pat seemingly let his teammates and coaches tell him he can be special. Matas looks like a guy that's going to play his game with whoever is on the floor, where Pat obviously has struggled during the Mid-3 Era finding his spots
This. Hell, December Pat was aggressive this past season. It's odd how often he has to be brought up for no reason as if Matas is doing better in Summer League than Pat did in a meaningful way. And I enjoy the kid but brakes need to be pumped. Do that shyt on the NBA roster first. I have no doubt he will.
And he STILL weak…. fukk what you talking about :mjlol:
Has nothing to do with "haven't seen this aggression from Pat." He is currently a 3&D wing who got paid 90 for 5. That ain't weak.

:pachaha: I remember thinking Valentine had next because of summer league
Thats a fact. Cats ball in SL. D Rose was trash in Summer League but you couldn't tell him shyt in a real NBA game.