"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Biggest takeaway from this was he understands spacing and cutting effectively... instinctively attacks the offensive glass.

I think Steph is glossing over the "finishing" aspect of his game in his breakdown. Over the course of the year, Matas only shot 49% at the rim... in the G-League. For comparison, Pat, who we know has struggles finishing a ton at the rim, shot 57% in that area last season, and he smoked a ton of dunks and all kinds of chippies.

So I get people seeing the highlights for Matas and getting hype, but the reality is, dude was trash from 3 and bad at finishing at the rim too.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Biggest takeaway from this was he understands spacing and cutting effectively... instinctively attacks the offensive glass.

I think Steph is glossing over the "finishing" aspect of his game in his breakdown. Over the course of the year, Matas only shot 49% at the rim... in the G-League. For comparison, Pat, who we know has struggles finishing a ton at the rim, shot 57% in that area last season, and he smoked a ton of dunks and all kinds of chippies.

So I get people seeing the highlights for Matas and getting hype, but the reality is, dude was trash from 3 and bad at finishing at the rim too.
I don't think people are putting end all be all into 25 games worth of Ignite stats. I think they look at his athletic profile his shot his release and are projecting future ability. Matas obviously has to follow through himself but it's not like he has physical limitations thst should stop those things from happening unlike some other prospects.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember this interview. New age of player. Came up watching YouTube highlights of JR Smith...

Crazy how funny this is a year later. JJ talking about bringing in court tracking tech for his 8 year old team that he was coaching at the time

:heh:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My feeling was If lavine wasn't gone on draft night he was going to be here. We will see what free agency brings. But I don't see much movement.
It's hilarious that they'll have to lose DeMar because they can't get off Zach. What's even more hilarious is that this is a necessary evil for this organization to actually pivot properly with this reset.

So I'm all for Young Bulls with Vet Zach
next year