Daps

34:15 mark
:unimpressed:

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
As long as the young nikkas show flashes and we're terrible next year I rock with it. :manny:

YOU CANNOT GIVE THE SPURS YOUR PICK.

so being terrible is on the menu

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
He can win in a couple years they need to be bad next year :dahell:

I agree they probably do need to be bad but we all know that's probably not happening. Don't get me wrong they'll be bad but not bad enough. AKME are trying to keep their job so they'll re-sign Demar and we'll be in the play in game again.

:mjlol:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree they probably do need to be bad but we all know that's probably not happening. Don't get me wrong they'll be bad but not bad enough. AKME are trying to keep their job so they'll re-sign Demar and we'll be in the play in game again.

Nah, signing DeMar and cashing out Giddey makes no sense.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know it doesn't make sense but I don't trust these guys to put together a winning basketball team for shyt.

Listen to AK's response on extending DeMar after being asked about it tonight

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
yo Matas has a lot more "pop" than I was expecting - this was a nice pickup at our slot tonight

1.5 blocks a game from a wing player is pretty damn interesting... He's got good vertical athleticism and isn't afraid to use it... He'll need to get stronger but he may project into a nice swing forward if he can get his shot mechanics together. It looks really slow on catch and shoot opportunities right now. Haven't seen enough of how he handles the ball or play makes but if he has that in his bag as a reliable weapon he may be good. Overall these are the kinds of swing for it picks I don't mind late in the lottery.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Buzelis - 19
Phillips - 20
Dalen - 21
Giddey - 21
Pat - 22
Coby - 24
Ayo - 24
Bitim - 24

Half the team is under 25. Depending on what happens with Zach and Zo, Bulls might end up going from the 20th oldest team in the NBA to being in the top 10.

DeMar is lying if he mentions coming back because this team is close to competing for anything besides the Play-In
I'm good with the Matas pick, however, after seeing how the board fell, I think AK could have done a better job with the Caruso trade and maximized the assets accumulation approach.

Matas fell into their lap, but trading Caruso last week already tipped their hand in terms of their direction a bit on draft night. Imagine if they had Caruso as a trade chip tonight. They could have used him as leverage to get a pick out of OKC or another team.... If you don't trade for Giddey last week and you wait things out, with the board materializing how it did, you are sitting at 11 with Topic available.

OKC obviously saw Topic as their Giddey replacement seeing as Giddey requested a trade. Bulls would have been in a position where they had not one, but 2 players that OKC wanted in Caruso and Topic, with Sacramento also offering #13 for AC

I just feel like a better GM is able to find a way to grab Matas and another 1st Rounder because of how everything played out.

In terms of value, I'll give them an A for the Matas pick, and a D for the Caruso trade. It was a C prior to Draft night, making that trade last week just limited their own leverage and flexibility in tonight's draft imo

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Decent pick. He's from Chicago and they need to tank real hard next season. Kid has some upside, that's all you can hope for, considering it's one of the worst draft classes from recent years.