Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Straight up doesn't get the love it deserves. I remember I made an alias of his teacher here, and nobody even realized it was a tv character even with the profile pic and got banned for racism :mjlol:
And If it aired today pretty sure nikkas would be screaming c00n at Rock after every episode because he made light of the teacher's and redhead kid's racist comments
Oh shyt I remember that account :dead:

Daps
Everybody Hates Chris is piff

I think people were shocked that a big name like Chris would take such a big role in a TV show like that. One network turned him down because of it.

As far as modern day sitcomes, yeah, it was really good. I think most people compare on larger scale though when it comes to benchmarks and that knocks it a little lower. But, it definitely needs to be respected as one of the top black shows. No black sitcom really ever get love tho (cept for Martin). Everybody always mentions Friends, Married With Children, Seinfield, etc. Only black shows nikkas refer to as goat or great status be full fledged dramas like The Wire & shyt.

You must be talking about CaCs.

Black folk always refer to The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, and Martin as GOAT. And that's just my generation. Older folks would include Good Times and Sanford and Son as well.

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Everybody Hates Chris is piff

I think people were shocked that a big name like Chris would take such a big role in a TV show like that. One network turned him down because of it.

You must be talking about CaCs.

Black folk always refer to The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, and Martin as GOAT. And that's just my generation. Older folks would include Good Times and Sanford and Son as well.

shyt, that and even on message boards where majority mafukkas are supposedly black or acting like they're black. I never hear/see nikkas bring up black sitcoms like that. Older folks, yeah, all day. But even off the Internet, when I'm talking to people about shows at work, all I hear nowadays is shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc. Sitcom kind of dead for my generation and the one coming up. Blackish get a few mentions but a lot of folk tell me they not watching cuz of the name which causes them to already have a predisposed notion of what it will be about. I was the same way until I checked it out and seen it was kind of dope.