Daps
*5 minute snippet

FRL63413.0.jpg

Thanks.

Just want to share this so it don’t get lost

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
My guy went to One of those colleges for something ridiculous, before they closed them all down in 2015.

He might as well have gone to an accredited college for basket weaving and pay international student fees.
:mjlol:

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
The For-Profit colleges hit a lick during the early 2000's. not only were they were defrauding students, but they defrauded the Federal government for Federal aid & grant money... and we know what happens when you mess with the Feds money. A lot of the student loan forgiveness has been going towards students who were defrauded by those For-Profit colleges.

So what happens to those who graduated? I know when applying for federal jobs, you can only list education attained from accredited schools. Since these schools are no longer accredited and/or operating, does it mean your degree is invalid? Do you have to repeat all those years at another institution? That sucks for the graduates!

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
It's called marketing aka lying like a mafukka 😂

Do you get because someone lied or because you believed it?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The For-Profit colleges hit a lick during the early 2000's. not only were they were defrauding students, but they defrauded the Federal government for Federal aid & grant money... and we know what happens when you mess with the Feds money. A lot of the student loan forgiveness has been going towards students who were defrauded by those For-Profit colleges.

So what happens to those who graduated? I know when applying for federal jobs, you can only list education attained from accredited schools. Since these schools are no longer accredited and/or operating, does it mean your degree is invalid? Do you have to repeat all those years at another institution? That sucks for the graduates!
Yes and it depends on if that institution will accept some of those transfer credits. I know that was the case when schools tried to help out students whose colleges closed down while they were still working towards their degree.

The only negative to that though is that the student wouldn't get the loan discharge if you transfer those credits.

If I was a current student when it closed, I'd do the transfer credits. If I had already graduated, I'm definitely doing the loan discharge even if it means retaking those hours.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
WHAT?! Actors in commercials don't actually live the lives of the characters they're portraying?! WHAT?!
giphy.gif

The people selling education always make more than the one's being "educated" (indoctrinated)
WHAT?! The people selling a product make more than the people buying that product?! WHAT?!
giphy.gif

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Yes and it depends on if that institution will accept some of those transfer credits. I know that was the case when schools tried to help out students whose colleges closed down while they were still working towards their degree.

The only negative to that though is that the student wouldn't get the loan discharge if you transfer those credits.

If I was a current student when it closed, I'd do the transfer credits. If I had already graduated, I'm definitely doing the loan discharge even if it means retaking those hours.

Damn! That's several years worth of lectures, papers, citations, presentations lol. I'd salvage what I could and take the transfer credits too. My hard work is not going down the drain.