Ever feel like there was a void in your life?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How does that lessen what I just said?

You remain off my dikk unless absolutely necessary. :shaq:

:what:

how does it lessen what u said? What u said was completely unrealistic for his situation and useless advice at this point in time. U expect somebody to just really drop everything and travel the world? That shyt only happens in the movies nikka. In real life we have responsibilities that keep us from going to Thailand for 2 months because we're unhappy.

NeverBePeace

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Damn breh. Every thread of yours I see makes me think think you are depressed.
Maybe you're going through an identity crisis?

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Hows that going? How long you been back in church?

Since the sunday before mother's day.

It's the church I was a member of during my childhood/teen years. Got baptized in the church when I was about 10/11 years old.

Before I returned, I hadn't been inside that church in 9 years.

I haven't officially re-joined the church because I'm just trying to get into the groove with things spiritually/religiously, but I after watching this video on youtube, this was the deciding factor that something was missing in my life and I needed to improve my relationship with the higher power:

Over the past few weeks that I've been going, after I leave church I've either had a feeling of redemption, or a strong feeling of guilt from falling to temptation(:devil:).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Damn breh. Every thread of yours I see makes me think think you are depressed.
Maybe you're going through an identity crisis?

Nah. I found myself in college.

Hood to college transition was tough too though.

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as your living there will be something that you desire. The moment you get it... really the moment when you see it materializing it becomes stale. Y money never really makes you happy and y people say that its all about the journey.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Explain soul searching....someone told me to do that earlier too

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I think imma see a therapist.

I got no healthcare right now though :(

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know how you feel. I feel the same way. I think it's a plateau of life. You struggled so much to reach a goal and you finally reached it and it's like....where to now? I already read a lot and I try to develop/cultivate my personality but it feels like something's missing. I think it's boxing. A year ago I was full force in it and I loved my life because I was always working at something. Trying to run an extra mile, lift more, throw faster, hit harder etc. Once my school/work schedule got husky I don't have the time for it.:hamster:

I guess find something like boxing was for me. Something you can immerse yourself in and compete that will keep you constantly focused on progressing. Life is spent on endeavors. Once you make money, where to now? You'll hit that plateau, especially if you hate your job.

I often wondered why those old white CEOs stay active in business till they on their deathbed even after gaining more money than they can possibly spend in their lifetime. It's about the chase. They keep reaching up and not stopping to look down to see how far they came. They just keep competing with other companies as much as they can and keep getting better at their endeavor until they die.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Yep, that's why I'm back in church.

Bingo.

There is nothing on this earth that could fulfill me when I was trying to fill that void in my life. I finally found a church I'm comfortable with, now I'm slowly but surely realizing that God was with me during all my high's and low's in life, and all the good & bad in my life serves a purpose.

But these nikkas don't want to hear that, so.... :shaq2:

They'll find their own peace when they're ready. Or they won't.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I know how you feel. I feel the same way. I think it's a plateau of life. You struggled so much to reach a goal and you finally reached it and it's like....where to now? I already read a lot and I try to develop/cultivate my personality but it feels like something's missing. I think it's boxing. A year ago I was full force in it and I loved my life because I was always working at something. Trying to run an extra mile, lift more, throw faster, hit harder etc. Once my school/work schedule got husky I don't have the time for it.:hamster:

I guess find something like boxing was for me. Something you can immerse yourself in and compete that will keep you constantly focused on progressing. Life is spent on endeavors. Once you make money, where to now? You'll hit that plateau, especially if you hate your job.

I often wondered why those old white CEOs stay active in business till they on their deathbed even after gaining more money than they can possibly spend in their lifetime. It's about the chase. They keep reaching up and not stopping to look down to see how far they came. They just keep competing with other companies as much as they can and keep getting better at their endeavor until they die.

Eating healthy and weight and exercise is what will help me.

But my new job, hours and commutte suck so bad I just wanna go home and sleep :sadbron: