Even the NY Post tired of Bray Wyatt

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bray Wyatt feels broken in WWE — and here’s how to fix it​

certainly didn’t take long for Wyatt to lose his luster, and there may be only one way to save him after a number of missteps.

Wyatt, who was released by WWE in July 2021, was one of wrestling’s biggest free agents.

He then got the hero’s red carpet rolled out for his return to the company with an innovative “White Rabbit” trail of QR code clues, videos and more.

His actual return at Extreme Rules was impeccably done and felt like a major deal.

His first promo appeared like we were getting a more authentic Wyatt with less of the masks and smoke and mirrors.

For a while, the mystery of Uncle Howdy was enough of a hook as it seemed like Wyatt may have a supernatural equal — most likely his real-life brother Bo Dallas — to deal with.

But then it went on, and on, and on for three-plus weeks in segments where L.A. Knight came off as the star of the story.

It concluded in a short and sometimes cringe, glow-in-the-dark “Mountain Dew Pitch Black” match at the Royal Rumble that at best was a spectacle.

The finish was the butt of some jokes when Uncle Howdy’s leap onto Knight missed so badly — but it was likely just to make the whole stunt and pyro work properly.

Now it is WrestleMania season, and Wyatt — with Uncle Howdy by his side — calls out the winner of the Brock Lesnar-Bobby Lashley match at Elimination Chamber.

The All Mighty only won because Lesnar got disqualified for a low blow, as if The Beast wanted no part of a match with Wyatt.

Then a Fightful Select report came out that Lesnar had turned down a match with Wyatt at WrestleMania.

Which, true or not, having that narrative out there is a terrible look for Wyatt.

So now we are left with Wyatt and Lashley in an awkward, forced, cold program that feels like one of the least important on a loaded WrestleMania card.

Uncle Howdy has gone from potential scary big man to Wyatt’s foot soldier who looked pretty feeble after getting speared by Lashley.

Maybe getting a win over a former WWE champion will help Wyatt in the long run, but right now these segments have become confusing, can-miss TV.

At least L.A. Knight could find himself in a match for the Intercontinental championship at WrestleMania and feels like he is gaining momentum.

I personally had a hope, after how good the “White Rabbit” stuff was, that we would see something new and innovative from Wyatt this time around. Instead, so far, it’s been more of the same: more masks, more supernatural smoke and mirrors, more Firefly Funhouse segments and confusing drips of narrative to only take your eyes off the fact that there isn’t any actual wrestling from him or Howdy.

We can give it time, but it’s been five months, and we have gotten little of substance and one TV match.

Honestly, the best way to fix it all could be to reveal Howdy as Dallas and let those two tell a very real, emotional story as brothers.

Wyatt has been often labeled a genius, but at what point does it become clear that what he and WWE are doing right now could be the least attuned to what makes wrestling truly work?

Wyatt’s issue has always been getting his stories to a satisfying finish in the ring.

We can’t even get him in the ring right now.

Bray Wyatt feels broken, and it’s time he and WWE fix that.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They Shoulda Had Vinettes Of Him Being Haunted And Stalked By Howdy, Then He Calls For A Match With Howdy At Wrestlemania, It’s A Quick Match That Ends In Him Winning And Umasking Howdy And Revealing Him To Be Bo, And They Form The Real Wyatt Family And Do Some Tag Matches
:yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They Shoulda Had Vinettes Of Him Being Haunted And Stalked By Howdy, Then He Calls For A Match With Howdy At Wrestlemania, It’s A Quick Match That Ends In Him Winning And Umasking Howdy And Revealing Him To Be Bo, And They Form The Real Wyatt Family And Do Some Tag Matches
:yeshrug:
Should’ve just let him beat Kross bum ass at mania. shyt writes itself instead of wasting Lashley in his foolishness.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Wasn't Lesnar supposed to face Wyatt at WrestleMania in 2016? Did he also turn that match down or did Vince decide to go in another direction?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I understand him never wanting to use the Wyatt Family gimmick again because a friend associated with it passed away, but that was clearly his best and most reliable character. It would be money right now with Bo and a rotating third wheel, someone like Seth would kill a short cameo with them like Orton did.

This Uncle Howdy shyt is basura :francis:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I give Bray points for being creative, but he and WWE needs to realize when shyt needs to be scrapped. Fans are not gonna see things the same way you envisioned.

I would have loved a Bray Wyatt without all this Uncle Howdy shyt. His presentation was good on his return and that is all he needed to be fair.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Sure creative fukks up his vision but I’m tired of the excuses with dude. Fans of Bray always blame everyone else but Bray. “Vince is purposefully fukking it up” “HHH doesn’t seem to understand how to book him” “it’s Orton fault that match sucked at mania he was in one of those moods he gets into where he doesn’t care”

Bray’s best matches are easy to remember because they’re only like 3 of them.

Brock knew what was up. He probably would have taken the L and Bray would be going nowhere with that W. At least with Omos he’s facing a giant.

Bray has literally wrestled about one match on television and he’s been back for months. Type of shyt to make Goldberg, Lesnar, and other part timers look like saints

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I give Bray points for being creative, but he and WWE needs to realize when shyt needs to be scrapped. Fans are not gonna see things the same way you envisioned.

I would have loved a Bray Wyatt without all this Uncle Howdy shyt. His presentation was good on his return and that is all he needed to be fair.

His creativity would be great for a drama/horror series or movie (the White Rabbit viral campaign reminded me of shyt people would discover with True Detective on Reddit). It worked during the pandemic due to there not being a live crowd (the segment with Cena during Wrestlemania in 2020 was brilliant and had they done one with Orton it potentially could have been even better), but this shyt falls flat as fukk when a live crowd has to sit through it.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
After the Bloodline dissolves at Mania they need to salvage this by finally running with a stable concept with him. If you want him to wrestle as a special attraction fine, but this isnt working. Let him and his group do sometype of NWO like deal and just keep causing chaos on the shows

But honestly, this man isnt a wrestler anymore. I think his concepts are more suited for movies and TV