Even children's cartoons are saying college is for suckers

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
images

You can make good money without a college degree. It’s likely going to be very physically demanding and cut your LE significantly. Choose wisely

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's dishonest, but there is truth to some of it. Like I said in the other thread, it's really made the situation here more intense today now that more international school have earned the same engineering ABET accreditation America has lived by. More accurately, much of the world has caught up objectively in terms of STEM education. That means an engineer internationally gets the same degree for pennies on the dollar. So no $80k debt out of college, yet all the same knowledge.

That said, there's a reason why many people say getting a degree is one of the best decisions they've made in their lives. It's very difficult to attain those low-effort, well-paying, stable jobs without one. You can't really be a Computer Engineer and work on innovative hardware without that credential. It's just way more competition today than it's ever been with more and more schools from South America and Southeast Asia earning ABET's stamp of approval - and getting that education for free. That is of course music to employers' ears because it opens up more cheaper options for them.

At the end of the day what we really need to do is bring down the price of education. shyt is absolutely insane right now.

Last edited:

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
Haven't looked at the vid yet, but based on the thumbnail I immediately know that "Angel" is a Christian production studio and that Mike Rowe (AKA the guy from the "Dirty Jobs" show) is a right-wing plant whose branding is being an "everyman" All-american character.

Since around 2016, the right has been trying to poison people against higher education under the guise of it being "unnecessary".

The true, underlying reason is because the less educated someone is, the more likely they are to support Republican policies :sas2:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Haven't looked at the vid yet, but based on the thumbnail I immediately know that "Angel" is a Christian production studio and that Mike Rowe (AKA the guy from the "Dirty Jobs" show) is a right-wing plant whose branding is being an "everyman" All-american character.

Since around 2016, the right has been trying to poison people against higher education under the guise of it being "unnecessary".

The true, underlying reason is because the less educated someone is, the more likely they are to support Republican policies :sas2:
Ding, ding, ding.

Calling a spade a spade, 18 to 21 is still a child in my mind. Further education (structure the courses so that they directly feed into certain career paths) and apprenticeships should be free.

It's mind boggling to me that people have to pay money for privilege of being essential to society.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Mike Rowe is a right winger and college isn't expensive in every first world country. Interesting how the people pushing this narrative never want to make college affordable but steer people away from Higher education.

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
Mike Rowe is a right winger and college isn't expensive in every first world country. Interesting how the people pushing this narrative never want to make college affordable but steer people away from. Higher education.
The bolded is crucial.

Daps
images

You can make good money without a college degree. It’s likely going to be very physically demanding and cut your LE significantly. Choose wisely
This 100%.

Blue collar work is lucrative but hard and the amount of effort it takes to make big $$$$ is greater than a white collar worker.

College isn't for everyone.....but most people are better off doing it unless they have a real knack for working with their hands. It's a lot easier if you grew up paving driveways, helping an uncle fix a roof or your dad tune up the car.

Daps

Bingo!

Guys like Ted Cruz, DeSantis etc., push anti-education yet have stellar academic backgrounds. Republicans want US (Blacks and Browns/poor whites) to skip college......but do you think they want THEIR kids to skip?

giphy.gif

Can't listen to what MAGATS say. Watch what they DO. I don't care about the message they wanna give our kids. I wanna know the message they are giving THEIR kids.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
they are depending on the legions of gullible fools to let their kids listen to this garbage.

mean while they are out sourcing high paying jobs to college graduates over seas because apparently "there arent any skilled Americans"

crazy how right wing whites are against their own peoples development. convince them to not pursue higher education to Xing and Patel could have all those nice paying jobs

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yes this is crazy…..

I’ll say this…. Cuz I know there are a lot of “college ain’t for everyone” folks.

College is more than just the education you get from your books. You a lot of other educational skill, access and etc life knowledge by just being there.

If you don’t go to college, you have to definitely seek out knowledge from somewhere and not spend on your ass. Gotta grind.

Most of the “college ain’t for me” folks are peeps I see working in Starbucks, restaurants or Lowes type places. And unless the career path is to move up the ladder.

Not sure if they message us it