Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
There was somethings I saw coming.....but somethings I didnt.

shyt left me with :dwillhuh:

Watched it a 2nd time and the director couldnt have been more obvious. Almost too obvious.

Waaaaaaayyyyy too many hints at whats going on during the 2nd watch.

Still a good watch though.

Here's an overlooked hint..

jukebox

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
There was somethings I saw coming.....but somethings I didnt.

shyt left me with :dwillhuh:

Watched it a 2nd time and the director couldnt have been more obvious. Almost too obvious.

Waaaaaaayyyyy too many hints at whats going on during the 2nd watch.

Still a good watch though.

Here's an overlooked hint..

jukebox

Peeped that too. I asked the question in my head and when I heard it, I went, "Yep. There it is." :ehh:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
For the longest time I couldn't tell Ethan Hawke and Stephen Dorff apart :heh: Glad he's feastin again though.

cook

Banned
Daps
putting this on now off the strength of the thread title and it having 5 stars

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for time loop stories and I dissect them to death but I thought the movie was predictable as hell. When I saw the trailer way back when I figured:

Ethan Hawke would recruit a younger version of himself to train himself to be better than he is to catch the bomber, who would be revealed to be an older version of him. What threw me off in the movie is that the younger guy turned out to be a woman, which left me guessing for a bit until they revealed she was a hermaphrodite. That's when I pieced the whole thing together, although I theorized a bit too far thinking Robertson would be revealed to be the older version of Hawke and was committing the bombings so the agency would be created and he could start the loop. Then again, some of the dialogue they had did hint at that so who knows. Maybe that's where the Spierig brothers actually used some subtlety, instead of the way too obvious face-hiding during vital scenes (always a strong hint) and the way on-the-nose jukebox song.

Anyway, regardless of that the movie was better than I expected, because the Spierig brothers might have great ideas (see also: Daybreakers), they're really, really average directors (see also: Daybreakers). This movie too suffers from some very amateurish camera work and cinematography at times which gives the movie an unnecessary tv-movie feel, but they do show some growth as filmmakers. Maybe now I'll finally stop mixing them up with the Strause brothers who did wack-ass Skyline.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Movie was pretty nice mostly because of the mind fukk.

The poster for the movie should be a big ass picture of this face under the word "Predestination":

:what:

If someone could photoshop that I'd be grateful.

Fred.