Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind is such a beautiful film

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
:wow:

Threw this film on twice during my college years. First time, I was chilling by myself in my dorm room when my roommate walked in and went directly to his side of the room. On some petty shyt, we ain't get along, damn near divided the room in an effort to keep shyt civil, but before I knew it, this guy was laughing along to the film. Weird moment, to find a sort of common ground with someone you don't fukk with at all. Business as usual after that though, ain't speak a word to each other for that school year.:pachaha:

Second time, I was laid up with a girl I was just barely getting to know. It seemed pretty straight forward, late night Netflix and chill, but it just so happened that I decided to throw this film on. She ain't never seen it, but seemingly in an instant, she started clamoring about how much she related to Clementine. We ended up passing out before the film ended tho -- I wonder if she'll ever revisit it and think of me.:mjgrin:

Fdb.:mjcry:

I guess that's one of the ideas I identify with so closely. Nostalgia, and how easy it is to fall into the bittersweet trap of longing for our memories and experiences now long gone. In particular, I love how they depicted the dream sequences -- at moments so captivating and vivid, yet we're constantly reminded of it's ethereal nature, as it's just too delicate/fragile for us to ever truly hold on to. Much like our damn fleeting memories.:patrice:

Last edited:

Preach Jackson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
somewhere in southside
Need to throw this on frfr

tumblr_ne9wj5upjQ1qkzl7oo1_500.gif

Daps
I have this on Plex because I only saw it when first came out. Will have to revisit it.
IIRC Clementine was able to put the "seed" for them to meet up again in Dundalk when she was having their relationship erased. I remember her telling him "meet me in Dundalk" or something like that just as the house they broke into was disappearing.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
When I say that this movie changed my life, I'm not even joking.

I saw this opening day, first showing in theater and it's still the most surreal movie-going experience I've ever had. I was fukking floored. Everyone was floored. When the movie ended, nobody moved until the full theater lights came on. Till this day I've never seen that. I rushed back to my girlfriend at the time and said, "I just saw this incredible film. I'm taking you to the movies tonight. End of story."

There's a lot I can say about this film, but I will say this: when I was watching it in theater and that Peer Pressure scene came on, I was tearing up (only a lil) and cracking the fukk up at the same time. And I was thinking: for the love of hip hop, someone has to sample this fukking score! this shyt is brilliant!

so when Kanye announced that he was gonna work with Jon Brion, and brothas around me were like "who!?", I was like: 'holy shyt!' :mindblown: and :beli: at the same time. Mindblown because someone in hip hop noticed and pissed off because I didn't fukk with Ye.

Absolutely gorgeous film, easily one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, and it's the last incredible film that's been made imo. Once in a lifetime kind of film :yeshrug: