ESSENCE Poll: Is There a Shortage of Good Men In Your Area?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how anyone could answer that question. How would I know if there is a shortage? I haven't met everyone.

Also every black woman isn't checking for tupac in a business suit, whatever that means. Just like black men aren't some homogenous group, black women are not either.

Exactly. I don't even know a tupac in a business suit type. Tupac wasn't even a thug if that's what they mean by that.

My SO went to a private school and predominantly white college. Never lived in the hood. He's far removed from the thug lifestyle and I had no problem finding him attractive and compatible.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
hypergamy

no homo but you seem like a good black man, the type who would be a faithful black husband love his kids and his wife and provide for them, but because your short, or dont have them it certs making 100k women will give you the :pacspit:, while they canoodle and cavort with 6'2 junior who cheats and treats her like dirt then cry there isnt any good men out there

its a good thing and bad thing

Bad cause my feeling would be :to: but good cause thats not the type of woman I need.

Guess being 5'9 making 30k a year isnt enough, this is why when i get my degree my in occupational therapy I plan on keeping my salary secret during the early phases of dating/relationship

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its a good thing and bad thing

Bad cause my feeling would be :to: but good cause thats not the type of woman I need.

Guess being 5'9 making 30k a year isnt enough, this is why when i get my degree my in occupational therapy I plan on keeping my salary secret during the early phases of dating/relationship

:comeon: Don't be silly.

Never tell her how much you make. :shaq:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
[quote"Willstyles, post: 5105826, member: 669"]its a good thing and bad thing

Guess being 5'9 making 30k a year isnt enough, this is why when i get my degree my in occupational therapy I plan on keeping my salary secret during the early phases of dating/relationship[/quote]

Neber tell how much you make, any wkmen who judges you by what you make and not thr person you are :camby:
Mknry

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How many of them women have kids who answered that poll??
slow-lol-zoom.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Depends on the woman.

why?
the only women who should know how much you make is your wife.

The funny thing is anyways the dude who usually makes more is the one not opening up his wallet, while the dude who makes less is opening his wallet to impress whether flowers nice restaurant etc.

I dated a broad who was semi rich that old white people money, penthouse condo, dad owned a car dealership etc., well she dated a hockey player wont mention his name but dude never spent anything on her, while my poor ass at the time bought her flowers and chocolate took her out on valentines etc. lol :heh:

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
My woman knows around how much I make but not an exact number ( I keep it that way for a reason)

now back on topic........A lot of the women taking the time to even answer this poll are most likely bitter about dating prospect due to past relationships (the same way these dudes on here are with black women btw) and that results in a negative stat. truth is that happy people wouldn't even take the time to even answer such a silly question.

Mac out

:aicmon:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why do you think it's something that she should be told? Unless you're broke or you have a lot of debt, your income does not need to be disclosed.

I have never told anyone how much I make.

I've only told one person and she viewed me differently after that, since then I've never told anyone.

Even if your broke or with alot of debt the only person who needs to know is say someone your getting serious with in terms of moving in, getting engaged or married. Besides that hells no.

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
A man's income is not a measure of his worth.

If he's a good guy, pulling in that 60K and we're making photoalbums like crazy with memories:noah:I will love my life, and if he doesn't have the masters' but that beard is onpoint:ld:, he doesn't have to have everything on my list.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Dearest, I don't recall the pol saying "dating", the question is "
ESSENCE Poll: Is There a Shortage of Good Men In Your Area?"

There are black people who are in communities that aren't completely surrounded by other black people, why is that ridiculous. Another thing, they didn't ask "Is there a shortage of good BLACK men in your area?" The question is men in general. So my statement still stands.

No offense, but You didn't click on the link or read the description. Because it says...

When it comes to dating, sometimes the news can be both confusing and conflicting. One week, the headlines say more and more young adults are choosing to put marriage on hold in favor of their careers and to enjoy the perks of the single life, and then the next, researchers claim it’s tougher than ever before for singles who are looking to date someone seriously. So, which one is it? Are they one in the same? Are more of you waiting on love because you can't find it? Hmm...

We read all your comments, tweets and letters, and we so often hear Black women insisting that the dating pool near them is seriously lacking. Even though we feature couples who've found love in Bridal Bliss and Just Engaged every week, we continously hear single sisters sharing heartbreaking stories of the bumps they often encounter along their journey to find true love.

What do you think? Is finding a good man to date harder than ever before single ladies? Take our poll and tell us about the pros and cons of the dating scene in your city or town.

That's pretty clear. "Single sisters, black women dating pool, no good men." Pretty sure those are all in reference to black men, especially considering this is coming from a black publication, with black persons on the cover every month.

I've never been over to anyones house of another race and seen Essence mags on their coffee table. Hell I dont even see it in waiting rooms at a doctors office, etc.

IF this is indeed reference to ALL men, not just black men, then why make any distinction among the women? ie why name black women/sistas specifically?

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
No offense, but You didn't click on the link or read the description. Because it says...

That's pretty clear. "Single sisters, black women dating pool, no good men." Pretty sure those are all in reference to black men, especially considering this is coming from a black publication, with black persons on the cover every month.

I've never been over to anyones house of another race and seen Essence mags on their coffee table. Hell I dont even see it in waiting rooms at a doctors office, etc.

IF this is indeed reference to ALL men, not just black men, then why make any distinction among the women? ie why name black women specifically?

So black women have a dating pool of only black men? Interesting.