ESSENCE Poll: Is There a Shortage of Good Men In Your Area?

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Actually, I wouldn't. Where I grew up, what is considered a luxury vehicle is the norm/somewhat average. I have a much different perspective on things, contrary to what you're assuming about me.
it got nothing to do with where you from

i just know how women operate

bytches treat nikkas different according to what they drive

if i pull up in a 2009 328 bmw im gonna get a diff reaction and vibe

compared to @Dwolf 96 honda accord

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
it got nothing to do with where you from

i just know how women operate

bytches treat nikkas different according to what they drive

if i pull up in a 2009 328 bmw im gonna get a diff reaction and vibe

compared to @Dwolf 96 honda accord

I don't have those hangups, but you don't have to believe me. My father drives a jetta, after driving a benz for many years. His accumulation of wealth (property, little debt, solid defined contribution pension) is the model that I envision when I think about my fh/fb.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Not how polls work breh. Plus, Essence is ran by whites.
It's a white owned and white Chief Editor magazine. :manny:

But has a readership of black women who are not really aware of these facts and is still targeted toward black women as being a historically black magazine.

Which makes the poll misleading because a lot of people who read the poll will assume that the women who answer the poll only live exclusively around black men. And to them the poll reinforces the "black men ain't shyt" thing. Which is why @DarlingNikki 's comment was on point.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Also, in my opinion, the women who answered "No", are probably better educated overall, less baby daddies, and have had successful relationships that maybe just didnt pan out due to lack of time, busy careers, or just incompatibility. They know there are "good men" out there, and know better than to write off everyone b/c they haven't met everyone

It's a white owned and white Chief Editor magazine. :manny:

Is this really true? And if so, how long has this been the case?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i remember reading a boko posted on teh hamster called how to date a black women without beating her ass

and in there was this quote

it soon became clear to me that decent black
men were basically used as "filler" between
thugs and hoodlums.

To black women, a good black man is
something you keep in a jar for emergencies,
or when the biological clock is nearly
expired and all the men she truly wants are
either locked up in jail, dying of aids, of
strung out in some crackhouse.

To black women, the "nice" guy is good for
dinner, movies, and a gift here and
there... but for nothing serious.

Black women only have a utilitarian respect

for nice black men. But, they have a

romantic allure for thuggi sh ass negroes .

not saying i agree but :leon:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
What if the men in my area generally aren't black and I still vote "Oh Yeah!"?

But how many black women on average are consistently dating other races of men? And the poll description clearly states it's about black women..... but even if it didn't, how many other races of women are really reading Essence like that in order to skew the poll?

If this article was in Mademoiselle or one of those other mags that catered to all races, that's different. Essence/Ebony, etc traditionally cater to black people. And I dont think that's changed much.

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
But how many black women on average are consistently dating other races of men? And the poll description clearly states it's about black women..... but even if it didn't, how many other races of women are really reading Essence like that in order to skew the poll?

If this article was in Mademoiselle or one of those other mags that catered to all races, that's different. Essence/Ebony, etc traditionally cater to black people. And I dont think that's changed much.

Dearest, I don't recall the pol saying "dating", the question is "
ESSENCE Poll: Is There a Shortage of Good Men In Your Area?"

There are black people who are in communities that aren't completely surrounded by other black people, why is that ridiculous. Another thing, they didn't ask "Is there a shortage of good BLACK men in your area?" The question is men in general. So my statement still stands.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
http://www.essence.com/2013/08/14/essence-poll-there-shortage-good-men-your-area

Currently the poll sits at:

"Oh Yeah!" - 77%

"No. Not at all. They're around!" - 23%

:aicmon:

So, 77% of (black) men aren't "good", huh?

Thoughts?

Society condition women to look for the best man instead of the right man. Which is why you have chicks only wanting men for financial security only, even if he's fukked up emotionally and other shyt compare to a guy with a decent job thats not struggling to make ends me but is still a great man. In-Fidelity is at a all time high with woman that figured out later on in the game that money doesnt bring happiness.

Ya hubby is making like 150k a year but is never home compared to a guy that makes 60k that has enough time for work and her.

:manny: but they dont hear you though

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Society condition women to look for the best man instead of the right man. Which is why you have chicks only wanting men for financial security only, even if he's fukked up emotionally and other shyt compare to a guy with a decent job thats not struggling to make ends me but is still a great man. In-Fidelity is at a all time high with woman that figured out later on in the game that money doesnt bring happiness.

Ya hubby is making like 150k a year but is never home compared to a guy that makes 60k that has enough time for work and her.

:manny: but they dont hear you though

hypergamy

no homo but you seem like a good black man, the type who would be a faithful black husband love his kids and his wife and provide for them, but because your short, or dont have them it certs making 100k women will give you the :pacspit:, while they canoodle and cavort with 6'2 junior who cheats and treats her like dirt then cry there isnt any good men out there