ESPN list of 60 best CFB QB’s since 2000

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
No they running couldn’t get it obviously. They had no plays under center so they had no power run game. Only finesse runs. Tebow was key cause defenses has to compensate for the pass so it gave them that extra second or 2 to gain east first down. Pretty similar to what tysom hill does for but at a lower level cause he only play qb.

the defense had to prepare for him to throw but also be prepared for him being able to run over them also.

i get the point of the power run game, in particular the qb power run game that urban implemented, i can concede that urban relied on Tim a bunch at 89 carries, and the reasoning behind it, but the rb had a 146 carries too, i know tebow got some gimmies on the goal line, he was apart of the that run game, and a part of the 06 teams success, but i think people are giving him too much credit leak played a large role in the teams success

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
i get the point of the power run game, in particular the qb power run game that urban implemented, i can concede that urban relied on Tim a bunch at 89 carries, and the reasoning behind it, but the rb had a 146 carries too, i know tebow got some gimmies on the goal line, he was apart of the that run game, and a part of the 06 teams success, but i think people are giving him too much credit leak played a large role in the teams success
Leak played great for sure. That was his team. I loved leak game tho.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You know why I’m here. Then to have Mariotta T10 is some bs

So screens and wide open mismatches? He wasn’t throwing into tight windows. Jameis’ anticipatory throws were elite for a college QB

"Threw into tight windows" isn't a defining measure of a superior college career. That's why Winston averaged 14 picks a year in college and Mariota averaged just 4.

The biggest reason Mariota is ahead of Winston is because Mariota had 3 elite years with 3 big bowl wins while Winston had just 2 elite years with only 1 bowl win. And when they faced in the Rose Bowl, Mariota's team won 59-20 despite arguably a worse roster.

What Mariota lacked in "tight windows" he more than made up for with a good enough arm combined with incredible decision-making and athleticism. His top 3 WRs were out in the Florida State game and the o-line was an ER room yet it didn't even matter.

Mariota: 400 yards offense and 3 tds on 44 plays
Winston: 333 yards offense and 1 td on 53 plays

Last edited:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
nikkas arguing over Joe and Mac, both were good and have touch, but when you both have wrs that can erase bad throws or throws that needed more touch because they clearly are superior to competition what are we talking about here

This is true but a lot of other QBs on that list had elite WRs as well.

Baker & Kyler had Hollywood and CeeDee
Tebow had Percy Harvin & #81
Manziel had Mike Evans
Watson had Mike Williams
Trevor had Justyn Ross & Amari Rodgers
Jameis had Kelvin Benjamin

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Manziel had Mike Evans
Watson had Mike Williams

nah, on the manziel part, IMO, i feel like he lifted the team, but yes, i feel like it’s a difference between being a qb on a great team and raising the tide around you

And folks talking about Tebow like he’s some thrower, nikka qb power runned, and screen, and drags all over the place, Tebow was not known for hitting tight windows or nothing

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
nah, on the manziel part, IMO, i feel like he lifted the team, but yes, i feel like it’s a difference between being a qb on a great team and raising the tide around you

And folks talking about Tebow like he’s some thrower, nikka qb power runned, and screen, and drags all over the place, Tebow was not known for hitting tight windows or nothing

Manziel did elevate A&M but still he could just say "fukk it, Evans down there somewhere" if he needed to.

And yeah Tebow wasn't an elite passer by any stretch, his bread and butter was his power running. His style was unique though, awkward throwing motion but that shyt worked in college.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Baker deserves to be #1 as much as anyone else does.

Uou can't make me think a qb with 1 great year is better than a guy with 3 consecutive.

Not his fault out defense was 129th dead last

We're top 20 defense now tho and top 15 coming this year. :ufdup:

nikka u sound stupid . Baker not even better than Kyler

yo OU fan pass should be revoked

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Manziel had Mike Evans
Watson had Mike Williams

Cam and a bunch of bombs. :wow: